Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:01:09
Page:  1 
A Crazy Story For A Crazy Week Started by: MacLeod on Apr 24, '09 15:12
Death-Knight was a mess. The young Don paced frantically back and forth in his office, running his hands through his hair. Aurora, the eye of the storm, sat calmly smoking a cigarette as the younger man paced circles around her. His speech was stuttered as he started and cut off his sentences, but Aurora barely blinked as she looked up at the clock.

"He should be here any second," she said, as she twisted her cigarette down on the ashtray.

As the smoke slowly rose up, MacLeod slid in through the double doors of Death-Knight's office. Nodding to Aurora and Death-Knight, the older man sat down in the luxurious chair facing the desk. Death-Knight bound around the desk and quickly sat against its edge, knocking over the potted plant that teetered on the edge. As the vase smashed, MacLeod didn't blink, instead calmly looking at his old friends and associates from his days in Detroit.

"Don Death-Knight. Lady Aurora. It's good to see you, although I gather from your tone of voice on the phone that this isn't merely the pleasant social call I'd hoped for. What's going on?"

Leaning on the edge of his desk, Death-Knight replied to MacLeod.

These asshole Sicilians! They're killing me! Do you know- do you know what today is?! It's my mother's birthday. The Godmother herself. I'd been planning this for weeks now- I'd picked out the perfect gift."

Sighing, Death-Knight calms down.

"An alternating crystal and pearl necklace. It was perfect- the street value on it was over 2 million dollars. I'd been keeping it in the vault of the local Detroit savings bank- the one down on Fifth St. But a group of Sicilians has started muscling in on some Detroit businesses, including the bank. Earlier today I got a notice from the bank manager, saying that due to a "hostile" business takeover I won't be able to access my account or my safe deposit box for at least 48 hours. I don't know what to do. I'm meeting the Godmother tonight for dinner, and I NEED that necklace. Everyone in Detroit is busy planning for this crazy week, and all my men are occupied with other assignments for the Godmother. So Aurora said I should call you."

Nodding slowly, MacLeod arched his hands and leaned back in his seat.

"I have had some experience in these matters. It doesn't seem like these Sicilians want war- they just want to frustrate your plans. So I don't see an issue involving Las Vegas here. I'm guessing that you want me to get the necklace back before tonight?"

MacLeod sighed as Death-Knight nodded.

"Alright, said the Don from Las Vegas , "but it's not going to be easy. Aurora, grab a blender and get your singing voice ready. This won't be easy, but if it works out they'll be telling the story of the bank robbery on Fifth Street for years to come. Don't worry, Death-Knight. You just sit tight and we'll have that necklace back before dinner."

Standing up slowly, Aurora began shaking her head and laughing. She'd had enough crazy adventures with MacLeod to know that whatever he came up with, it would probably work it in the end. And she was far too intrigued by this blender and singing voice business to turn him down. As he opened the door of the taxi for her and she seated herself, she noticed him pull out a napkin from his jacket pocket and start scribbling on it.

"Driver," he said , "take us to the gazebo in the park, the costume shop on 2nd and Main, and then the bank on 5th.

As she rolled down her window and tossed out her cigarette, the passerby couldn't help but notice the smirk of the woman as the car drove away.

58 MINUTES LATER

Aurora, now wearing a dark trenchcoat, gets out of the crowded taxi with MacLeod, followed by three gentlemen from the park who are all carrying horns- one with a trumpet, one with a trombone, and one with a tuba. As the fat tuba man struggles to get out of the taxi Aurora grabs MacLeod's tie and, glaring at him, growls.

"You owe me, mister. Don't use the guns again, you say. It's boring, you say. Well this is ridiculous. You owe me big time. And this better work."

MacLeod only winks, smiles, helps the fat tuba man out of the taxi, and walks calmly into the bank. Aurora and the three men trail him. As MacLeod moves to the front of the bank near the security guards, Aurora leaps up onto a counter in the middle of the bank's lobby and begins to shout, working her way into a song.

Gooood morning ladies and gentlemen- if I could have your attention please....

Send your eyes my way and let me appease

That sinking feeling that you feel in your gut

When your stomach is caught in the same foamy rut

And your find yourself drinking the same lame old thing

I've got your solution, if you'll just let me sing!

As Aurora's "sing" echoed off the walls of the bank, the three musicians with horns sent up a rousing note to the ceiling. That drew plenty of notice in itself, but as Aurora ripped off her trenchcoat and tossed it in the bank manager's face, the glistening red sequined flapper outfit drew everyone's attention. MacLeod smoothly slipped behind the security guards and headed down the stairs in the back towards the vault. One Sicilian-looking gentleman in the lobby started to turn his head towards the stairwell, but Aurora leaped down and draped one arm around his neck as she turned to face the crowd. She sang in a low, sensual voice as the three musicians backed her up.

Now some of you gents may think I'm pretending,

All caught up in your saving and lending,

But I assure you your boredom is ending...

Once you staaaaaaaaaart BLENDING!

With that, the tuba player reaches into his tuba and tosses Aurora a blender. The woman, who at this point has enraptured the crowd, begins spinning around the bank lobby with the blender, sometimes stopping to lean against a concerned looking banker or recline seductively on a desk.

When you're feeling sad and need Spanish flair

Just go to your blender on the counter right there

Can't you seeeeeeee- could it be neater?

Make yourself a margarita!

And floooat away on tequila bubbles

Vanquishing every one of your troubles

Or perhaps you're not quite twenty one

And yet you still need to have your fun

Well hit the icebox son, and make

A good old fashioned cold milkshake!

Or perhaps a pina colada might

Be the ticket to exciiiiiiite...

Glancing out the corner of her eye at the guards, Aurora noticed MacLeod coming up the stairway. One single guard immediately reached for his whistle, but MacLeod quickly knocked the man unconscious and tucked his body back in the stairwell. Winking at Aurora as he slowly slid back into the lobby near the musicians, he subtly patted a bulge in his jacket box that indicated he had the necklace. Winking back, Aurora began the conclusion of her song.

Now if you'll follow along you'll see

The blessings of the strawberry daiquiri

Now you know why I'm so happy-

My blender and meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

As Aurora finishes her rousing song, all the men in the audience applaud and cheer, while the women look on disapprovingly. With MacLeod already halfway out the door, Aurora grabs her trenchcoat, shrugs it back on, and heads out to the sidewalk herself. Still shaking at MacLeod, she can't fight off the grin that gently tugs at the corner of her mouth. When she reaches the taxi and get in, MacLeod sits back and laughs.

"I know. I know. I owe you one. But lets just focus on getting this back to DK, huh?"

As the cab drove off towards Death-Knight's HQ, the sounds of the musician's music rose, bouncing off the buildings in downtown Detroit, and faded into the evening sky.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Crazy Story For A Crazy Week
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL