Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:37:50
Page:  1 
Declaration from the desk of WhiteWidow Started by: WhiteWidow on Apr 25, '09 01:59
Stepping up onto a street corner on a windy afternoon, White Widow has some official looking papers in his hand, and shuffling them nervously, he begins to speak

"Ladies and gentleman, I've been wondering a few things lately. Sitting at my desk in a nice cozy room I wrote down some of these things, and I've decided they're annoying me so much I'm just going to come right out here and tell the world."

Scratching his neck, quite clearly not liking this whole public speaking thing

Drug prices. What's the big deal? When a fellow mobster contacts you for their drug prices, why not simply take the two seconds to retrieve the information and send them your current prices? I know it reveals your location, but in most cases people aren't looking to come kill you. This applies especially when a fellow family member asks for your drug prices, just take the damn time and give them up.

Taking a swig from his flask, White Widow notices that people are actually listening, and continues

Pick Pocketing. This topic has been beaten to death in the past, and I'm about to get out the broom and kick the shit out of it some more. What's the big deal? The maximum amount someone will take from you is five thousand dollars. Relatively, that's a minuscule portion of what a mobster makes daily. So what, you have to take a few seconds out of your day to swat their hands away. Honestly, even if you have all your money in the bank, and they walk away with nothing, at least they got their thrill. Did it harm you? Are you going to go running to mommy now because FrankieNoName stole some of your money? No, I don't think so. So suck it up, and allow your pockets to be picked.

Civilians being allowed to live past gangster. There are certain civilians that have decided to invade our well respected world of crime. They come along, mighty and powerful... or so they think. What makes them think they can get away with disrespecting a crew leader, and live? Well... to me, it seems a simple 'sorry,' works. I think, no matter what the excuse, no matter what family they decide to ask for hospitality from, they should die. End of, as soon as they become an official gangster, they should die. Maybe their journals will be kept for their kin to read, and learn from. Maybe it will raise some grudges from them, in which case... good luck making it anywhere in this world.

White Widow finishes off his flask, and finishes up his speech. Apparently he was late for a date or something, because he was anxious to wrap this up.

In conclusion, I am making an official declaration. I will now, and forever be pickpocket friendly, I will always answer when asked for my drug prices, and will do my best to educate the new civilians on how to live long enough to get a grip. I encourage you to all think about these things, and hopefully you'll follow suit with my new lifestyle.

White Widow whistles for a taxi, and runs off into the unknown, leaving fellow mobsters behind to discuss his declaration.
Report Post Tip
The drug price issue is really a matter of business to me. I will not give drug price information to someone outside of my family simply because we are all in competition with each other and I am not prepared to give family rivals leverage over my own. By assisting rivals to gain money, which they will in turn send to their leaders in tribute, which will then be spent on bodyguards, I am essentially helping a rival crewleader buy protection.
Report Post Tip
At an extreme stretch I suppose that's true.
Report Post Tip
No disrespect intended there sir, but that's a lot of 'in turns' to not take a few moments of time, however that's your prerogative. As stated before, I will give anyone my prices, any time.
Report Post Tip
i have to say i agree with you WhiteWidow all it takes is a little time..
Report Post Tip
It's matter of respecting other people's wishes, not about what you believe *I* should do.

If I don't want you in my pockets, then stay away from my fucking pockets. If I talk to my CL about it, I'm going through the proper channels, not crying to mommy. And btw, I *am* PP friendly, but I also respect those who don't want me in their pants. They are so few that it's not worth my time complaining about them.

About the drug prices, Alfieri gives a good reason. I also see it as being an awkward kind of request. If you're not in my crew, don't come begging for stuff. Get your own people to help you. I only ask favors from Family and Friends, so it's inappropriate to do so.

There is an easy solution for this, though. Use the coffee shops. It seems to me that it is free game inside them. Everybody just shouts the question and many people that have been rude to me outside the coffee shops have shown to be really nice in them... and vice versa, but I digress.

As far as the civilian-gangster thing, I miss your point. What you describe as your "wish" was what I thought to be current practice.
Report Post Tip
Alot of "in turns"? No, it is a direct correlation! Are you helping another family profit - yes or no? Yes, you are, by helping them turn a maximum profit on drugs. Helping other families profit is retarded and detrimental to your own family. It doesn't matter how many links are in the chain, it is direct causation.

WTF? Why don't we all disband our families and make one big happy family that encompasses all...what is it...eight cities now? Then maybe we can all work together to ensure that we all succeed. Until that happens, making another family stronger makes your own family weaker. Why SHOULD we help other families profit?
Report Post Tip
I am one of the few Adrian mentioned. I don't like being pickpocketed w/o permission. All I want people to do is message me, and ask for permission, and I will MOST LIKELY let them.

At the same time, if people do pickpocket me, and they are unfortuante, and their face was shown, then I will be contacting them and their leader about it. It is not being a Crybaby or anything. All it is, is common courtesy. If someone tells you to ask for permission, before reaching in their pockets, then ask.

As for the Drug Prices thing, again it's all about people's attitudes. If they do not want to give you their prices, then they don't have to. It's up to them, not you. It is not something to throw a bitch fit over, if you can't PP someone, or get their prices.
Report Post Tip
Excellent responses people, this is exactly what I was looking for. I was simply stating the reasons I allow people to pick my pockets, and ask for my prices. Whether or not you all agreed with them or not(which, obviously, you do not) is pretty much why I came out here in the first place. All very valid points backing up your personal reasons behind these things, and I do appreciate your time and effort for stating them.
Report Post Tip
I nice read. How cares about drug prices, it onlt takes 30 seconds why not do it.
Report Post Tip
As far as doing any of these things I think it should be common curtsey for family members to do this for each other. But For one thing drug prices gives up your location and you don't know what another family may be planning, but beyond that its in my book at least, one family vs the next! we're all trying to make more than the other.pping is just disrespectful, its not the money because like you said it always a small amount but none the less a slap in the face to have ANY money stolen from you.And as far as civilians go,.....if it was up to me they would be fair game as soon as their 48 is up, doesn't matter if their a thug,gangster, or goomba if your not sponsored you die.....if your not sponsored and your disrespectful you definitely die.PERIOD
Report Post Tip
I will be happy to send drug prices to any promiscuous females who send me mail.
Report Post Tip
And by "promiscuous females", he means "promiscuous males with poor eyesight and bad decision-making abilities".
Report Post Tip
Ooohhh... Than I may stand a chance...

Rourkey, my drug prices.

[CA] Crack - $200

[CA] Extasis - $750

[CA] Speed - $436,668,78
Report Post Tip
I personally don't like to make people ask permission before PPing me as it means 2 messages have to be sent and I prefer to save my time than my wallet. (although seeing as I ask to be payed back in my profile I usually save both and everyones happy.)
Report Post Tip
I don't understand the issue over pickpocketing. If... the game is based on families and they are expected to compete with other families, with one of the wealth creation options being pickpocketing. Then it's part of the game, yet some players expect special treatment just because they don't like being pickpocketed. I don't even see why one should ask permission in the first place , that's ridiculous and time wasting. Not to mention a required achievement level that has been set to reach as part of the game structure. How plastic can you get?

On the issue over drug information, well ... your suppose to be a family asset, which uses drug deals to create wealth, in direct competition with other families, who each have tributes automatically subtracted from each transaction. That tribute pool can be used by families to create crackdowns and hits etc. against other families and the cities in which they operate in etc., hence it can be used as a detrimental influence against the wealth creation opportunities of those families.

If a player wishes to remain staunch to their own family connections that would be inline with the origins of the game. Yet once again zealots stick to their interpretation of the game play and preach contrary version of their own that they expect all to abide by. Yeah well that sounds reeeaaaal gangster like now dunnit.

What of all the information it gives the player who has to be asked permission to carry out a pickpocketing? Yet alone the drug prices data that directly gives away logistical information.

If I'm pickpocketed then so be it, the succesful person wins, the unsuccesful get payback. That's how the wheel turns. Now if the person who is succesful wishes to be polite and return the money, well good on them, but I'd suggest doing it once they have moved cities as their position would be given away otherwise.
Report Post Tip
Fayth thinks for a moment before speaking

Well to be honest I dont mind being pickpocketed its not like I'm going to become broke from losing $5000 really. As for drug prices I usually only give them to people who I know as opposed to everyone who sends a mail to me.
Report Post Tip
After hearing WhiteWidow's Speech Vico stands to share his opinion with the Subject

I totally agree with you Sir about the Drugs prices thing and that new Gangsters/Thugs have to show Respect to higher Ranked members and CLs

But I also thinks Everyone is free to decide if he wants someone to put his hands in his pockets or not, even if he will go away with nothing, For Me Sir I don't like Those guys putting their hands in my pockets and take whatever they take as if it was a right for them to do, This is not acceptable but may be if they showed some respect and asked first they would have a chance to put their hands in my pockets.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Declaration from the desk of WhiteWidow
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL