Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:05:06
Page:  1 
The longest pool game in history Started by: Marc_Jamieson on Apr 26, '09 18:43
Occurred last night in Venzetti's pool hall. At 1 A.M. we were entrenched in a 3 hour battle to see which one could hit the next one in without scratching. I had met Kittie in the hall earlier in the evening and she and I had made a wager to see who was worse.

10 P.M. I waled into the hall and saw Kittie standing there with two sticks in hand and the balls on the table. I racked up and let her have the first shot.

"chink"

Sher stick had barely scratched the cue ball. She moved it back and grumbled something about a "do-over" her second shot went two inches. Her thirsd do-over made contact finally. Three balls skewed off but the rest stayed intact with the cue ball in the very middle. I leaned over the balls and took my aim.

"cough"

"SONOFABITCH!" my ball went scratch and Kittie grinned as she pulled my ball out of the pocket and snorted.

For the next hour we shot balls around the table. Every time one actually made it in we were shocked, and the next time we scratched we had to take it back out. A large group and begun to gather. People were making bets as to who would win, lose, or get killed first.

The next hour we spent drinking and making lewd jokes about balls and holes. There were several occasions where she opened her mouth suggestively over the pool stick just as I was about to make a shot. Your sister isn't supposed to do that.

By 12:30 she was doing dumb stuff like trying to hit the cue ball with the back end of her stick, and still missing the shot by mere inches. We were down two two shots apiece. 5 balls were on the table. I took my shot

"clack"

the ball rolled neatly into the pocket and I threw my hands up in the air. I aimed for the next ball and hit it with just a little curve. It rolled to within an inch of the pocket and stopped. I cursed and watched as she took her aim.

in front of her some thug grinned and pointed to himself. She hit the ball with a deadly about of force. It ricoched off the the table and landed on the guys jewels. He bunched over groaning and all the other guys winced. I admit, even I cringed a little.

I was keenly aware that one of his buddies was now holding the white ball

"his belong to you bitch?"

Kittie squared her shoulders and looked defiant...
Report Post Tip
Kittie is evil.

So Id keep my distance...
Report Post Tip
"Oooh!" I said with a wince as I turned to the man I had just pegged. "Are you going to let him talk to you like that?" I saw Marc's eyes widen and Cav backed away from the table a few steps. I knew I was in Dutch, I just didn't know how deep until the man with the cueball went to smash my head with it. Now, I'm not one to back from a fight, but I am also not very keen on getting my skull fractured. So in this case I ducked. All it did was make him miss my head and come down hard on my shoulder. As the pain shot through my left arm, fury took over my sense of self preservation and I launched forward, cue stick in hand.

There was a low sort of vomiting sound as I hit the stocky man full force in the stomach and while he was still bent over I broke my stick over his shoulders, bringing him down to the floor. The man I'd hit was apparently recovered enough to try to pull a gun but that didn't end well when there were suddenly 5 other men aiming loaded guns at varying angles. I smiled, rubbing the aching and probably bruised spot on my shoulder.

"Do you really want to bet against these odds mister?" I heard my little brother say. The man was as pale as the cheap handkerchief he had tucked in his breast pocket. After a few seconds he took his hand from the butt of the gun and slowly held both arms away from his body.

"Kittie, can I shoot him?" Cav asked, his eyes sparking with the thought of bloodshed.

"No." I said. I saw the crestfallen look on his face and re-worded my decision. "At least, not in the pool hall. Do you remember what Striphe charged you last time you got brain matter on the felt?" I waved my hand over the unfinished game and Cav nodded to Vince, the two of them dragging the aggressor out towards the back alley.

"Alright little brother. We have a game to finish. Hopefully sometime before the next decade."

"I think your last shot should be a do-over." He said as he lit a cigarette. I nodded and ordered drinks for both of us.

Taking careful aim I eyed the 13. I hated stripes but at least it gave me a chance to sink my lucky number. I feigned my first few passes and finally pulled back, ready to hit the ball. As I put force behind my shot a nerve shattering report was heard from out in the alley and I jumped, smashing my index finger on the edge of the table while I screwed up my chance, watching in irritation as the cue ball skittered sideways and missed my ball entirely.

"Dammit" I muttered as Marc snickered.

"Tough luck sis." I sipped my drink and secretly hoped he'd accidentally inhale his cigarette. Well, maybe not the whole thing but I definitely hoped he choked. I watched as he took a hundred years lining up the shot like an old lady lines up bingo chips. About the time I was ready to strangle him, he took his turn.
Report Post Tip
I had failed so many times that I was fed up. I decided to miss on purpose just to make her feel better. I lined up my shot and pulled the stick back. I hit the ball right where I had aimed but my plan backfired and I sunk the ball in the corner pocket instead. I feigned enthusiasm and stuck my tongue out at her.

"sorry sis" I said, tipping my head to the side to get a feel for my last shot.

As I walked around the table to get in position, I tripped over her stick and nearly shoved my cigarette up my nose.

"sorry bro" she said with a mischevious wink.

I straightened up amidst the snickers of the crowd, took the butt of my cigarette out of my mouth, and took my shot. The 8 ball went wild and zipped around the table while my cue went scratch again.

"dammit"
Report Post Tip
Vince came back in a little later, wiping his hands on a rag. "Hey Marc, Got a fag?" Vince tossed the rag into a nearby bin of trash. "It seems my pack got wet."

Vince watched as Marc retrieved a pack of smokes and fished him out one before returning it to his pocket. Vince kissed Kittie on the cheek, goosed her once for Adrian and walked out to light up, and to finish what he was doing outside something that, due to the nature of the job, he wouldn't share with Kittie.
Report Post Tip
After distracting Marc by asking him to check my back side for blood, (I wasn't sure how clean the rag was) I lined up a fairly straight shot and went for it. The cueball majestically glided past my target, clicked against another one of my balls, sending it just hard enough into my brother's last shot that it teetered and dropped with a sickening clunk into the side pocket. I glared at it, and then at him.

I had a million easy riding on this game. If I won, I kept my money and made Marc my lackey for a week. If he won he got the money and one whole day of me calling him "sir."

So far I was not liking my already pitiable odds. There were 3 balls left. Two of mine and the 8 ball. Marc rolled his eyes so far into his head I could almost hear them hit the back of his skull, then plucked the ball I had just hit out of the pocket and put it back on the felt.

"I'm all for winning sis, but you're just making it too damn easy."
Report Post Tip
Duke walks past a guy with a severe case of Shot in the face syndrome. He sneaks into the bar and sees a highly competitive game of pool. Kittie is bent over the table lining up her shot. He walks over catching the eye of Cav and Marc who give him a nod. He gave kitties stick a tap into the ball. He qquickly runs around the table beore she realizes it was him.

"Nice shot Kittie!"

Duke laughs at Kittie.

"so what is the stakes?"
Report Post Tip
I threw my hands up in defeat and finally perched in a chair by the table, taking time to sip the drink I ordered.

"A million" I heard a gasp go through the part of the crowd that had no idea and nod. A million isn't something you just joke about. In these days that kind of money makes you a criminal or a politician. Everyone else is standing in food lines. I cringed thinking of all the things I could be doing with that kind of cash. Then, I squared my shoulders and smacked my hand down on the table.

"No, a million and a half!" This time everyone gasped. "If my puny little Rabbit wins, I'll buy him a body guard!"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The longest pool game in history
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL