Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 17:17:20
Page:  1 
Farmer's Market Started by: Katra on Jan 05, '15 02:58

Katra had wandered around Detroit. There was an untapped resource of money that she intended to get her hands on. It had taken her some time to organize this business because it required co-operation from the farmers outside of the city. Now it was time for her to bring her business to Detroit.

Finding a quiet spot she had located the perfect building. It was big enough and with a back part that could be used to keep things cold. She was quite impressed with this find. Most places were booming bars and restaurants but where would they go to get their produce for the meals? Outside of town. Costing them time spent away from their shops. Her business would provide a more local place to get the same high quality produce, fruit and meat. This would be perfect.

Taking the key from her wallet she set to work on making the place clean and ready. There would be nice cold section for the meats and produce that needed to remain cold. The rest would be in bins around the shop. Distanced so multiple people could walk by without constantly jostling into each other. She had bundles made up.

Once the delivery trucks had come and gone, and the bins were filled. She quickly filled out a price chart that would stand by the cash register.

Meat:

Pork $15
Beef $17
Deer $25

Produce:

Apples $5/bag
Lettuce $3/head
Onions $2/bag
Carrots $4
Strawberries $3/pint
Oranges $4
Soybeans $4
Tomatoes $3
Pumpkins $3

Dairy:

Goat's Milk $8
Cow's Milk $4
Goat cheese $6
Cheese $5

Grains:

Oats $10
Barley $10
Corn $1/husk
Wheat $10
Loaves of fresh bread $3/loaf

With everything in it's place Katra flipped the sign to open. 

Report Post Tip

Vagoong finished his work early and he's hungry. He always go to restaurant and bars to eat, but today he decided to cook for himself.

He walks to the streets to find the newly open market in detroit. He walks and walks in every corner of the street, then finally he found it.

" finally im here, farmer's market huh. i wish they sell a good products here."

Vagoong entered the market then proceed to the meat section.

" Wow this Beef is good. "

He picked up the Beef then he proceed to the fruits section.

" I love apples i should buy 3 bags of it. "

He proceed to the counter and he hand over $100. " keep the change "

Vagoong went to his appartment  and decided to cooked beef steak. 

Report Post Tip

Katra looked at the man and looked back at the money she was handed. He had left in such a hurry she couldn't give him his change.

Taking the money she set it in the register and carried on her work. She was baffled why he would leave such an extraordinary amount.

Report Post Tip

Gideon parked his car and started his walk through farmers market he didnt really know if he was gunna get any food but he may happen to he really was just walking  for the amusement and exercise fhere were alot of people out as usual  and it was a little cold outside but not as bad as it had been a few days before and Gideon had a thick jacket to keep himself very warm

Report Post Tip

On his weekly visit to Detroit, Nighthawk had noticed a new Farmer's Market had just opened. He let out a sigh of relief. as the amount of restaurants and bars that had filled the Business District in Detroit had started to get out of control. Nighthawk was a very fond believer of fresh fruit and fresh produce and walking around the Market, Katra had been able to set out the freshest looking produce Nighthawk had ever seen. 

After appreciating the Farmer's Market, Nighthawk strode up to the counter where Katra had been sorting out the float money for the day

'It's a pleasure to see what you've done with this Farmer's Market Katre. I have always been fond of enterprises like this and the selection you have here is second to none. I'd like to buy the nice joint of beef at the front of the fridge you are standing next to, a bag of strawberries and finally a bag of onions please'. 

Katra picked up the joint of beef and wrapped it up in a clear plastic bag, along with the bag of strawberries and onions. Nighthawk handed Katra a $50 dollar note and told her to keep the change. 

'I'll definitely make another visit when I'm back in Detroit for business. I hope everyone can take advantage of what you offer here, rather than heading down to one of these darn restaurants'. 

And on that note, Nighthawk picked up his back of fresh produce and strode off into the bright skies of the crisp morning. 

Report Post Tip

Katra smiled as she noticed two more people walking into her place. When one approached her she stopped what she was doing and flashed the man a grin.

"Thank you. I thought it was time to make some money off an untapped resource. After all all these restaurants and bars need to get their produce from somewhere."

Taking the money she placed it in her cash register. Grateful for the tip and hoping to see a few more customers become regulars.

"Have a good day!"

She managed to get out just as he was leaving. She was sure that the man had heard her though since she was quite loud.

Report Post Tip
After being cramped in the house all weekend Big_Daddy_G decided to get out of the house and explore. He came across a nice organized farmers market and decided to check it out. He walked around looking at all the nice produce. He then noticed the owner and goes over to compliment

"Nice place katra I will keep this place in mind next time I get hungry cheers"
Report Post Tip

DiamonDz was always fond of the City of DT and altho many leaders had swept through here and gone, the people that were left made the best of a bad situation. she was walking through the Business District when she stumbled upon a Farmer's Market, She LOVED fresh meat and veges that she would cook up with when she is at home. so she headed in to see what she could get.

She grabs what she definitely know she needs

1 Pork, 1 Beef for the meats

2 bag of Apples, Onions, Oranges, Tomatoes and Carrots, a Lettuce and 2 Pumpkin please

I would also like 3 Cow's Milk, 1 Cheese and 5 Loaves of bread.

She goes up to the lady to pay for all the food and then she notices that it is actually Katra who own this Market.

Heya Katra! Look at all of this wonderful fresh food you have, I think i will definitely become a regular customer now.

She hand Katra $1000 to cover all the good, she then gave made her guards carry the food back to the car and continued pondering through the businesses.

Report Post Tip

Smiling politely at the compliment she managed to get out a "Thank you" before the next person strolled in. Noticing the guards walking in with her she was a bit taken aback. On one hand Katra knew that protection was needed in the lifestyle from which DiamonDz and she came from. On the other hand she did not want the regular civilians to get scared off either. She needed a balance from both.

Tilting her head in acknowledgement of DiamonDz as she was wondering about the bins picking her items. She waited patiently until she was approached at the counter.

"Hello. Did you find everything you were looking for? I hope so."

Noticing the arm load of food she wondered if she was feeding an army. Too polite to say anything Katra graciously accepted the money as she said her goodbyes. She watched as the guards and their employer walked out of the Market.

Report Post Tip

The night breeze swept over the farmers market as Gideon entered looking for meat he was hungry and he wanted meat it would be the most filling and would leave him with a small happiness so he looked around asking were the meat booth was

Report Post Tip

Some Wild boy who loves apples wonder if someone can supply him with 2 tons of this tasty froot?

Is there anyone capable of doing it?

Report Post Tip

Some Wild boy who loves apples wonder if someone can supply him with 2 tons of this tasty froot?

Is there anyone capable of doing it?

Report Post Tip

While Gideon was on his way to purchase some meat he heard a mobster by the name of Wild-Boy asking were to find apples so he made his way over to him and said " hey bro if your looking for Apple's make your way down straight for a little while and you will see a booth with all sorts of apples"

Report Post Tip

Taking a stroll through Detroit, she happened to pass a farmer's market.  It would be nice to have some fresh food to cook with, and they definitely didn't have something like this back home.  Going into the market, she grabs a basket and starts to browse the selection of goods.  Starting with the produce, she grabs a bag of apples, carrots, and a box of strawberries.  Passing the dairy section, she grabs a couple blocks of cheese, and two loaves of bread on her way to the cashier. 

She sets the basket on the counter while the cashier rings up her items.  Her total comes to 28 dollars, a good price for such fresh ingredients.  She digs out the cash and hands it over.  She picks up the bag that the cashier has nicely placed her items in and heads for the door.  She would definitely have to visit this place again when she was in town next time. 

Report Post Tip

Never having been to a farmers market before, Ted put on some coveralls and shoved a sprig of wheat into his mouth. He wasn't entirely sure what to expect, but it had Farmer's in the name and he wanted to fit in. Shoving on his biggest pair of boots and making a point to step in every mud hole he could see on the way to the place, he was finally ready to see what goods this market was pushing. 

Walking inside he stopped dead in his tracks. Everyone was dressed exactly how they'd normally be dressed, and pigs and cows weren't running amok as he had hoped they would be. This wasn't like a farm at all. Drats! He decided to make the best of it and ignored all of the weird green foods, he had never had any luck with those. No, he could smell exactly what he wanted. It was somewhere in the back, beef. He always loved the taste of a good cow. 

"Hello there, how much for a slab of your finest cattle? I'll pay a good price."

"$17."

Guess they weren't all that much for small talk around these parts, maybe it was because of how he was dressed, or the fact that a few of those mud holes ended up actually just being shit. He ordered twenty pounds of it and then carried it to the side of the road. Damn. He didn't think this through at all... How would he get all this back to his apartment?!

Report Post Tip

Sam needed to go buy some fruits to add to his diet.  He thought about the Farmer's Market.  "Fresh Fruits at a cheap price.  Nothing can beat that deal."  He walks around towards the apple area, checking a few bags out because I picked the one just right for me. He hands the seller five dollars.  Grabs the bag of apples and throws it behind his shoulder and walks towards the orange area.  Some oranges were small, while some were big.  I grabbed a few oranges and squeezed them a bit to check which ones were just right.   Picked about ten oranges and putted it in the bag. Shows the seller the ten oranges and paid her forty dollars.  "These oranges better taste better than the ones in the store for these high prices!"  I grabbed both of my bags and headed towards the HQ.  "The apple and oranges are giving me a work out.  Haven't carried anything heavy these days."

Report Post Tip

With a smooth and almost drunken stride, Vandlgat made his way into the Farmer's Market from the street. He calmly wipes the soles of his feet on the doormat, and scans the room.

He walks towards the grains. 

Vandlgat grabs 2 units of barley,  1 unit of corn; 

Satisfied with the weight of the goods, he strolls to the register, on the way grabbing some goat milk.

Vandlgat pays $40 to Katra.

He walks out of the market drinking the goats milk, bags in hand, smug grin under his Fedora.

Vandlgat goes home and germinates the grains. 2 days later, he fermented the material and ran it through a homemade still he built back when he was a gangster.

Now Vandlgat doesnt have to buy alcohol anymore.........

Report Post Tip

It was early in the morning, The Admiral had spent the entire night at the lounge and his head felt like it was going to explode. From a distance he could see a vendor selling fresh coffee and bagels. He walked over, bought a coffee, but suddenly saw the farmers market down the street. Fresh fruits as far as the eye could see (with this shitty headache). That should do the trick...

With the coffee in his left hand, and a cigar in the right, Admiral walked straight over to the market and started looking for best quality fruits. It didn't take long before AdmiralAckbar saw these Juicy apples.

' Hi there Sir, could I have a bag of apples please ?' Admiral asked while he flicked away his cigar.

While the Admiral waited for the apples to be bagged he enjoyed the sun on his face while he sipped his coffee. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Farmer's Market
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL