Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:35:38
Page:  1 
The Mightiest Rourke Started by: ThomasRourke on Apr 29, '09 02:00
Thomas watched the remaining Rourkes assemble in the house of the now deceased Veronicazotz Rourke. After the war today there would be fewer of them. Thomas saw Pedro, Abby, Brian, Rourkey, and Tama line up and face Fork. Fork had always been the runt of the group, the one nobody called in a pinch. No longer. The Rourkes looked at each other, for some of them it would be the last time... The Rourkes were becoming extinct. Thomas slammed a gavel.

"I would like to call this meeting of the Mighty Rourkes to order. It has been a while since we've last convened. We have splintered away from each other, and have explored new ventures in new cities with different families. Some of you have been here since the beginning, and some of you, namely Brian, should've died long ago. Right now a war is raging beyond the doors of this home, and some of you may not make it through. I will because I'm the first and greatest Rourke in too many aspects to count."

"It is fitting that despite the inevitable fate some of us may suffer tonight, we do not mourn the fall of the Rourkes, but in the depths of it all, we celebrate one more accomplishment to hang on the refrigerator. It will be his first notable achievement because for the most part he has lived directly under my incredible shadow. I have gathered you Rourkes here to celebrate Fork Rourke. I know what you're thinking, but it's not because he's moved out of his parents house at the tender age of 37, it is for a far greater cause."

"During a time of such turmoil, he has ascended to the rank of Don. Having Fork by my side has been a privilege for the many months we've worked together. Up until now most of that privilege has been felt exclusively by him. Not anymore. Today, and without help from his orthopedic shoes, he walks taller than us all."

Thomas turned his attention to Fork.

"From your family line's inability to comprehend common phrases such as 'Oy' to your tendency to go off half-cocked at people who pickpocket you, shooting them, and forcing demotion you have always been a colorful person to have around. On a serious note your loyalty has been unparalleled and I have to say you have vastly exceeded any expectations I had for you when we began this trek together. While I don't know what the future holds, I do know that so long as you don't wig out and shoot someone for looking at you crosseyed, we will have fun. I am prouder now than I have been at anything I have achieved to date. Well done Fork, the Mightiest of Rourkes."

The elder Rourke watched the others do the official Bombay chat before lining up to offer Fork their congratulations.

"As always, danish and punch in the foyer, you can spill on the carpet if you'd like, Brian's mom is really fucking dead so I don't imagine she'd care... Ha-ha Brian... Ha-ha."
Report Post Tip
Congratulations ForkRourke on this mighty achievement!
Report Post Tip
ForRourke proudly brings out his best silver cutlery for this event. He starts to unroll it... and lets his gaze go upwards toward the crowd. Seeing some of the mugs in this crowd, he quickly rethinks his decision and quickly secures his silver cutlery.

Plastic cutlery for everyone!
Report Post Tip
I don't mean to intrude on this glorious assembly of Rourkes, gentlemen, but having followed you here unnoticed within the shadows of ThomasRourke's ego, I thought I may as well put forward my congratulations to ForkRourke on his achievement.

Bravo, ForkRourke, Rourkiest of Rourkes.
Report Post Tip
As an honorary Rourke, Marietta wasn't allowed to officially stand in line with the other Rourkes. No, instead she was banished to stand just outside the living room space of the long, gone Veronicazotz- her toes touching just the edge of the faded green puke-stained carpet where it met the glossy and attractive wood of the foyer. She watched longingly, making sure that her toes did not pass over the door jam lest Thomas come over and beat her around the head with a hockey stick. With a sigh of happiness she applauded silently as Thomas began to adjourn the meeting.

Waiting on the outskirts Marietta looked to the eldest Rourke for approval to speak to Fork. Thomas sighed, rolled his eyes and begrudgingly nodded his head. With a smile on her face Marietta jumped back and forth from foot to foot in the doorway, gesturing madly for the newest Don to come and speak with her. After exchanging a look with the other Rourkes that clearly read "Oh God, not her again" he broke away from the crowd and approached her.

"Fork," she said breathlessly, taking his hand in hers and kissing it. "Such an honor it is to have seen you finally make the esteemed rank of Don. It has been a wild journey for you, not to mention the rest of us who have had to work beside you. I kid, I kid. It has always been a pleasure knowing you, Fork. From your days in The RIOT! to your promotion as Right Hand to Thomas, you have always been a joy. You have a pleasant disposition, not to mention a fearsome look about your face when you get really enraged. All of these things and more mark the path to the rank you now hold."

"I hope you are most proud, Mister Rourke, for this is an honor you truly deserve. Congratulations!"

With that Fork sort of awkwardly pulled his hand back from Marietta and joined his Rourke brethren. She watched with a sort of glazed look on her face as they ate danish after danish. Ah, someday she would be able to join them, yes she would...
Report Post Tip
Congrats ForkRourke on becoming a Don, Well earned sir.
Report Post Tip
Rourkey was displeased. He hated being woken up from his midday slumber. He grumbled silently to himself while Thomas made another fancy hullabaloo over his beloved Fork. Rourkey knew the truth, though. Fork was a troll. Fork lived under the stairs of Thomas' Godfather house and only came out to eat rocks and scare children. Rourkey admired himself in a hand-held mirror he always carried and felt safe knowing that Fork could never reach the pinnacle of perfection Rourkey so perilously perched upon.

Congratulations to you, Forkiest of Forks. I am glad you are finally a Don. This once again proves you are superior to Brian in every way.

Rourkey blew a kiss to Marietta and departed.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Mightiest Rourke
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL