Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 22:03:50
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
You one call in jail? Started by: Rampage- on Apr 30, '09 23:56
I agreed with Godmother Marietta on this one !

Nice Idea
Report Post Tip
I dunno marietta, are you suggesting that your one phone call just goes to a random person who might not even be in your family? because if so I'm not sure thats very realistic either.
Report Post Tip
Yeah, Marietta. What happens if you get arrested and the person who gets your message is a civilian who JUST got off the boat?
Report Post Tip
Discussing my Fathers idea, I would also like to put in that it is only One Phone call..

Such as just a message you chooose on whos online. Another thing that the Admins could do would be make the chance of busting you out higher.

Try to do RP on this now.

Everyone gets one phone call, for what ever reason.

But the Cops could be listing so they put you on top secruity. So just make it harder to get busted out.
Report Post Tip
I like the idea. The answer is not just to say "use IRC." I've actually often suggested and hoped that drug prices and BMO requests would be blocked in IRC altogether. It's a workaround of the realism of the game. If they wanted us to be able to ask the whole world for drug prices, or to break us out of jail, they would have put those options in the game. I agree that the sentence should be made longer, and then be offered one MM to send to anyone, but you cannot see who is online currently when you attempt to send it. That way, if they aren't home, you're SOL.

One addition to this idea, if the jail system was to be changed, is that the more often you get thrown in jail in a 24 hour period(going up exponentially by your rank(to help low ranks initially level their JB skill)), the type of offense that got you thrown in jail, and so forth affect how long your sentence is, and how many guards you have. Should stealing a woman's purse and selling cocaine have the same consequence? What about someone being sentenced for their first crime getting the same time as someone who is in more often than out? Just some added thoughts.
Report Post Tip

What should happen is for the "one call" it finds someone online and notifies them via personal that you need help.

Report Post Tip

Languishing in jail, as you do when one is so young, I thought, damn, maybee crime is not for me.

I mean, straight to jail for trying to bust out my friend?I mean what the hell man?

:P

Anyhoo, it led me to think of ways to spend your time in jail, I'm sure there has been loads of suggestions previously so not sure if this one has been tried yet.

What if, instead of doing your full sentence, you get an option.

Somrthing like community service, where you put in a certain amount of hours to assist the community.(In the U.K. you get like 120 hours community service and paint old folks houses,restore local landmarks/parks etc).

For this to be implemented it would be a simple selection.

For example

You have 10 minutes remaining of your sentence, "Would you like to cut a deal?".

Then you would have to do something else each minute for ten minutes, whilst still being able to communicate with the outside and go about your daily business(crimes are out,or you would get revoked and cannot be busted).

Maybe do the voting :), create a thread,helpa n00b or something along those lines.

Anyway, just a thought, I have no idea what the "freed" time alternative punishment would be.

My bad!

Report Post Tip

For some reason I am having real difficulty starting my own thread, so apologies for the hi-jack.

I'm being a dufus I know, but I started getting pissed off, so seeing as this is a jail thread, the above is my suggestion!.

Report Post Tip

Apologies again Rampage, I figured it out, hopefully an admin can wipe off my posts from your thread.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: You one call in jail?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL