Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:59:39
Page:  1 
What was it for you Started by: Insight- on Nov 01, '07 04:14
*Pulls out his trusty soap box and takes a step onto the platform*

Evening ladies and gentlemen

I would like to call out todays leaders, or anyone whos family history has been a leader in our world and tell us, What was it for you guys and gals that made you want to start a family. Is it the power, thrill, money, Women, men?? Or do you do it because you really want to help out this world and cure it of its wickedness, or maybe even to fuel the fire.

So tell us, what was it for you?
Report Post Tip
My dad? He never shut up about my grandfather. Seriously, he'd talk about the guy all damn day as if he were the greatest thing to ever happen. Every single night it was, "Did I ever tell you about the time your grandfather warred so-and-so?" It got old. I guess that's good, though. I mean, I can now ramble on to you all about Grandpa with surprising accuracy.

My grandfather started a family with the intention of making an impact in this world. He wanted to bring everyone back to the tradition during the chaotic time that he was in power and create a family around the principles that he learned as a young boy. Sure, he wanted to make changes. He wanted to stand out and be different. Of course he wasn't really around long enough to have as much of an effect as he had wanted, but he did try his damnedest.

His primary two concerns were the activty of his family and the closeness of his family. To help activity, he rewarded those that impressed him by ranking quickly, appearing in the streets, running businesses and other schemes, et cetera. In order to keep the family, close he made sure he knew everyone that worked for him and encouraged his family to work together on projects and ideas. I'm guessing it paid off, because a lot of the ancestors of his family have remained close in the time since.

Anyway, I guess all of those reasons are why he wanted a family. He died happy and was proud to see his right hand, Mr McTavish, step up and continue on the tradition.
Report Post Tip
my ancestor started a family simply on the basis of he was way overdue to attempt it and he wanted to see if he could do it.he had plans for ideas etc.....but shit happens and there were too many distracting gunshots coming his way and they never happened.Power was never the lure nor money or fame.he wanted to shelter his friends and family and have some fun...that was about it.
Report Post Tip
Thank you for your stories gentlemen, Quite enjoyable :)
Report Post Tip
My dear grandmum got her chance... and when she least expected it. She looked to create a haven for people new on the shores, and with a gentle hand form a family to the TRUEST meaning of the word. Then, after the bonds had been laid, she strived to turn her family into a well oiled machine. She instituted coveted traditions that everyone worked hard to be privy to. Lauded those who were loyal, praised in public, punished in private, and far and beyond what anyone on the streets thought about her, she wanted to be respected in her own family by the people who had made her headquarters a home.

For years she'd served under great leaders, watched them, learned from them, and took notes like a studious pupil. What inspired her was to take everything she'd learned and add her own flair, just to see where it would take her.

And it took her down roads she never imagined possible. She loved that family and forged bonds that may bend, but will never break.

I hope someday my children will be able to learn from her example and do her proud.
Report Post Tip
frankly i don't think anyone need a family for men....
Report Post Tip
Doing what he wanted, when he wanted, pushing his luck for all it was worth and hopefully pissing off alot of people along the way.
Report Post Tip
My family was in it for many different reasons. Mostly because they were born into it!
Report Post Tip
I was drunk and tiggy dared me. That's about it.
Report Post Tip
*Guardian Walks in hearing all these discussions about previous outstanding leaders.He makes his way infront of the crowd and pics up the mic.Yo Yo Listen up Hommies! Jk jk.He smiles then takes another deep breath*

Hello lady's and Gentz.

I have come to put in my point of view on things.I personaly have not had a chance to run my family in this game but i have had plenty of chances running my own family on others.As a leader on other games i would have to say that the reasons i would have liked to be a crew leader would be that i can try and accomplish things that others could not.To try and better this world in my own way possible trying to make it less violent and try and work head to head with other Great leaders in making good decisions like These good leaders have done.Its nice to have people look up to you and have you watch over them and try and solve your members problems.It's great to have power yes,But you must put this great power to use.I liked having responsibilites like solving conflicts between members having to deal with verbal fights and trying to prevent any type of hard decisions that come your way.

And in a way being a Crew Leader i guess it would have to be the Rush aswell.I guess i could say knowing that anyone will try and attack you at any moment.You can try and be the best Crew Leader but you will learn from your mistakes pick up and then try again.Being a crew leader i have noticed that you can never fully make everyone happy because there is always someone against how a CL rules the world.But aslong as your stopping most problems and make the majority happy and your being street active and keeping yourself updated with every situation around you then your doing a good job as a cl.

P.S

(Its night so if some of this don't make sence its my bad!)

*He nods to the people thanking them for there silence, he then slowly gets off stage and takes a seat*
Report Post Tip
* Steps up to the soap box to tell a story about times of old *

My family line is known back in Scilly rather than here, back before this world went through different changes and the new American Mafia was around. It was Known as The PriestHood, It was started by four childhood friends who decided they wanted to take the power that one family possessed, it started as a bit of a joke but ended up vey serious and the family has been known in that world ever since. I enjoy running a family, i enjoy the power of it the respect and also the organization...making sure everything works smoothly.
Report Post Tip
The few times my ancestors have been leaders they stepped up because they thought they would actually be able to make a difference in this world. And once they finally made it, realised that they were actually pretty rubbish and contributed pretty much fuck all.

My family line are much better at following as opposed to leading - I think drinking has a lot to do with it, but you didn't hear it from me.

*taps nose and shrugs*
Report Post Tip
I'm pretty sure my grandpappy was only in it for the money and HQ wacks... No-one would never talk about it but I always got the feeling, when we visited him, that he was a really evil bastard. Meh. I guess we all can be ;)
Report Post Tip

The Great Cthulhu reflects on his answer and chooses his words carefully before beginning to speak.

I became involved quite frankly because I grew weary of seeing the cemetery growing at a disproportionate population growth rate to that of the cities. More and more we were seeing people looking for employment turned away from overfilled houses. Many were gunned down for the simple fact that they had nowhere to go. When I was fortunate enough to get a chance to help I took it.

We are seeing a steady growth rate in our cities now. We have filled our house to capacity, constructed a larger Headquarters, and have subsequently filled this one as well. Our cities swell with population. Newcomers to our cities can find opportunities presented to them that were not available not so long ago. I'd like to think we helped a few people out. That I am blessed with a family full of great individuals makes it all worthwhile.

So no, it wasn't the lure of power and fame or any of that. I am a simple man. I just wanted to make a difference.

Report Post Tip
My Grandfather Joe Columbo, My Cousin Jamsey Sabatini

Loook emm upp ;)~
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What was it for you
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL