Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 13:18:50
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Toggle Insta's Started by: Bruce on Jan 14, '15 13:02
I think it might be a good idea to be able to choose when to use the insta pettys you have accumilated.
Have a little box next to the insta counter, you click it and then do your pettys and use up the insta's. Without it toggled on, you can do pettys as per usual and save your insta's.

An example as to why this may be used.

Blackjack whacks back on a durden.
Blackjack is unhappy, he has lost his gun.
Blackjack wants his gun back, and remembers that he has 65 insta pettys banked up.
Blackjack feels happy, because he prepared for a situation like this and saved his insta's!
Blackjack smashes out 50 insta pettys and gets his beloved gun back.
Blackjacks day is a little brighter.

What do you think?
Report Post Tip

Some people can abuse this and hoard a lot of insta's.

Report Post Tip

I think you've failed to think of the cons of this, for instance.

High ranking member with a decent gun goes rogue and is currently pro'd.

A member of your family is known to be close to this rogue and may pro wack them on their next shot.

CL removes the gun.

Possible pro wacker uses saved up insta petties to get their gun back and pro rogue.

Report Post Tip
Yeah i didnt think of that, hmm. Maybe not such a great idea after all.
Report Post Tip

Awful idea.

One of the only drawbacks to training your gun these days is the ever present risk of losing your gun in wackback.

A significant drawback to pickpocketing is the potential to lose your weapon if you are mugged.

In circumstances where death or even demotion would be too heavy handed, taking a gun is often an appropriate punitive measure for a CL to have access to.

Introduce 'hoarding' insta crimes and these game features (and indeed the armory, come to it) are rendered immediately irrelevant, with pretty huge ramifications on gameplay.

Report Post Tip

You can't take the gun of anyone over the rank of Made Man anymore fyi Tetley and Guevara.

I don't see a problem with the idea really.

How many rogues do you see out there with this? And how many leaders will punish their supposedly loyal member because they're -friends- with a rogue?

Report Post Tip
Plus, you can already collect as many instas as you want. Once you reach 60 units there is no huge reason to continue doing pettys. So a lot of players can already store 50 intas
Report Post Tip

I have seen guns removed from members below made whilst there is a rogue about plenty of times, in some cases the entire crew just to be safe as those who are not made may very well be held back because they are not trust.

The rogue scenario was just the first thing that came to mind, a while back during a war I was warned one of my members was going to pro wack Solastagia and I was going to remove his gun. However I was told not to bother as he would be beaten to the shot but he managed to pro him. So as you can see it's not always rogues but it happens in wars too.

Report Post Tip
Getting +10 on this one.

Would like to be able to toggle instas. Don't see the con others have mentioned at all.
Report Post Tip

I wouldn't be opposed to doing this, as long as they only count at the XP of the rank they were earned at, (Right now they are calculated at the rank they are claimed at, which can be a huge difference),  they wont count towards a gun, and that there was some kind of cap to how many you could use in one day so there is no surprise huge units that are off the radar without any real sacrifice.

Report Post Tip

as long as they only count at the XP of the rank they were earned at

I thought they counted at the ranked they were earned at already so my mistake.

they wont count towards a gun

Uugghhhh, they are definitely good to have when your gun is loss on a wb/mugging. I guess I could see purchasing from the armory for a gun, but you have to have such armory and such weapon avavilable. I guess this would be mainly if a CL took gun away you couldn't just insta it right back?

some kind of cap to how many you could use in one day so there is no surprise huge units that are off the radar without any real sacrifice

Besides the sacrifice we do for character in which those instas are saved one? I guess if you save them for a future run for a quicker boost in units I can understand this part.

‐‐----------------------

Please feel free to ignore my +10. Too much counter for a toggle in my opinion. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Toggle Insta's
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL