Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 12:45:57
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Preview Your Jobs Started by: Barry on Jan 17, '15 00:52

Quite a small one, but would it be possible to preview your jobs so you can see how they actually look to someone participating in them?

I've used the %name% tags etc, and it wouldn't be the first time I've ballsed the formatting up. 

It would be nice to be able to double check and see.

Report Post Tip

Didn't think of a preview suggestion, but a day or so ago I did wonder if the job board RP's I added would end up arsed in some way due to the tags.

I double checked them all, yet it would definitely be nice to preview them to see how they look.

Nice suggestion.

Report Post Tip

No downside there, excellent suggestion.

Going one further, I'd actually like to see a few more tweaks there added in the longer term.

The ability to use "%sponsor%" to direct the potential recruit towards the sponsor in question would (I imagine) be seriously under utilised here. I've forgotten the message given on completing the last job for a family, but having a constant "You've done some great work for <CL> and already made an impression. Perhaps you should chat with <Sponsor> and see if more work might be on the cards" would be a decent addition (Yes, the sponsors should be doing some of the work there.... but attacking it from the top down and bottom up leaves less room for things to slip through the cracks).

The final message of the tutorial really should change from directing people to the streets to instructing them to find a family. I'll keep harping on about that one until someone finally tells me it has changed. That one change will do a LOT for helping new players, who currently turn up on chat after completing jobs with no idea at all what they should be doing next (which is something that CLs should be aware of and actively building that guidance into their jobs RP).  

Report Post Tip

I tried to make all the role-plays come back to the family in some way, with the last one having them contemplate joining us and seeking us out for further work. So the thought there is definitely not a lonely one there. I still find though I'm chasing them to potentially join us, rather than them having a 'click here to get in contact with said sponsor' option or something along those lines.

Report Post Tip

I 100% percent back this suggestion. Would be an excellent decision to add this to the game as i'm sure most would agree.

Report Post Tip

Barry. Good idea. If you look at your role play texts on the crew jobs page, it should show replaced texts as well as the original %% tags.

Setanta, I'm not sure what you are suggesting adding\changing for the first part about sponsors and cls. 

As for the tutorial, there are two relevant things to be updated, first is when there's currently nothing to give them to do (ie, waiting for work\petty timer)

Alright kid, you're a fast learner - looks like you're doing ok on your own. You should spend some time looking around. Maybe check out the Streets for a bit.

The second is the final text when its all done:

Well, it looks like I've taken you as far as I can, you're a fully fledged mobster now; welcome to our world! Your new crew will have your back. Look to them to continue your education, but don't forget the game staff are always contactable via Helpdesk!

I'm a terrible writer of things, so if you guys want to suggest some updates, that would be great and I can put them in. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Preview Your Jobs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL