Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:44:47
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Panties in a bunch? A small rant. Started by: Squishy on May 03, '09 17:29
Not really. I believe the term in the business vernacular is "processing fee". This is a fee that you have to pay in order to pay a bill. They make you pay to pay. Nice, huh? But we have no such nickel and diming at good 'ol mafiareturns. Here, you pay for free.
Report Post Tip
Excellent I will make one free payment for 100 crackdowns please.
Report Post Tip
You missed his point entirely, let alone that it was obvious that it was a slip of the tongue and he meant "PLAY for free".
Report Post Tip
Wow Adrian your a pretty sharp cookie, I stand corrected on both points. Thanks a lot for clearing that up for everyone involved. I'm too embarrased to continue.
Report Post Tip
NewBestFriend, the point is they could easily charge us a monthly fee in order to play but instead make the game free to play. So therefor they're already thinking in the gamers interests. I don't get why anyone would argue in this thread seeing as it is an admin telling us to relax on our whinning, honestly guys just realize it's a game otherwise you'll turn your love for it into a hate.
Report Post Tip

I take some offence to that. You do realize that there are people that would love to go to meets, dream of it even, but due to life's circumstances cannot go. This does not mean that they do not care about the game enough to go. This does not mean that they work any less than those that do go. This does not mean they have not given of themselves and their pockets. This does not make them care or work any less than those that are fortunate enough to go.

I suggest you read the thread again with open eyes and an open mind. You will find that you read it wrong, you misunderstood, and you misinterpreted.

You are female. Your name is tiggy. Does this mean all females are named tiggy?

No.

So why would you use the same bass-ackwards logic and twist my thread around?
Report Post Tip
Sorry Connor but I don't know why I'm telling you this. I made a joke about a spelling mistake Adrian took it the wrong way and now you seem to think I don't understand that its free.
Report Post Tip
sorry I meant why you're telling me this. But actually the other way works ok too.
Report Post Tip
Ah I see, I suppose it is my mistake as well. I just know how irritating things can be. I'm 17 and work full time and look to this game for fun and know what it's like to lose an account. I've been banned twice and was granted the chance to play again and am trying to help others from making the same mistake that I once did, if you understand what I mean.
Report Post Tip
Yes I do.
Report Post Tip
Uh, Squishy..... If you read the quoted statement in my post you will see that my post was not directed toward you in any way. It was in fact directed toward TheTerminator..

In no way were my statements directed at you.

Read closer dear...
Report Post Tip
And to clarify further... My post was directed to TheTerminator... As it was his words I quoted.

Not Squishy's.
Report Post Tip
Gravol, I shall read the thread again with open eyes and an open mind. I'm sure I will find that I read it wrong, I misunderstood, and I misinterpreted.

Sigh.

Should have yelled at Zenith instead :)
Report Post Tip
Squishy, if I dance a jig for you...nekid....will you make me a Don when i get the points?
Report Post Tip
I however think you misunderstood me, :).. I didnt mean that there arnt people that would love to go and cant go.. I simply meant the people that do care a lot about the game and that might be why they seem to be successful players, I for example would love to go and meat other players, and I feel I work pretty hard and am fairly passionate about the game, but I cant afford to go to this meat nor do I have the time at this point in my life. Maybe in the future.. so I think were in the same boat there, all I meant was that the people that go go, because they care about the game and work hard, some people seem to think they get advantages for going to these meats, I was just trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to point out that they dont get things just handed to them for going to the meats, they work hard just like the rest of us for what they earn.
Report Post Tip

NewBestFriend, the point is they could easily charge us a monthly fee in order to play but instead make the game free to play. So therefor they're already thinking in the gamers interests. I don't get why anyone would argue in this thread seeing as it is an admin telling us to relax on our whinning, honestly guys just realize it's a game otherwise you'll turn your love for it into a hate.

On the other hand, people could just as easily walk away to one of the other free, web-based text games if a fee was expected. It's a two-way thing, and this game is free because a fee-based model probably wouldn't work. Just because the game is free doesn't mean anyone owes the admins anything, nor does the cracking community (for the most part) mean that the admins owe the players anything. Neither would be here without the other.

Re the opening post, if people go to meets, good for them. If not, good for them.
Report Post Tip
Heh, 50/50 shot Squishy, shoulda flipped a coin! Aim at Zenith (who triggered a nice response, admittedly).
Report Post Tip
I intend to visit the meet this year. Do I think I will gain anything from it in-game? Absolutely not. I hope I can gain some friends in real life through it, which is the only gain I can see. We are all brought together on one common ground that we all enjoy this game enough and the people in it to seek meeting each other in real life.

The only reason why many of the Godfathers/mothers are those who attend the meets is they have much experience in the diplomacy of this world. For it is only through their actions that they can possibly live long enough to attain such a pristine position.

(P.S. Sorry for all the OOC, but 95% of the thread is anyways so....)
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Panties in a bunch? A small rant.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL