Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:29
Page:  1 
Detroit is Crazy Results Started by: Marietta on May 03, '09 23:45
Marietta walks onto the Streets with a grin on her face, a stack of notecards and a briefcase full of cash and other assorted paperwork. She stops short at her favorite corner, the one she had stood on so often that past week (for contest purposes, not otherwise...). Accompanying her was a young, enthusiastic female who was attractive and alert as a small crowd began to gather around the pair of them. Stepping onto a small cement block, Miss Rossi waved towards the crowd and cleared her throat.

As you all know, Detroit is Crazy week wrapped up on Friday. I have been in meetings this entire past weekend, and have finally been able to get out here and release the results for the five contests we had announced. Well, without further ado, here they are!

Shuffling through the note cards she pulls out the first one, handing the briefcase off towards her young woman companion.

My panel of judges, as horrible they were to organize, were wonderful. I want to take this time to thank them for all of their help.

The first contest up for judging will be the Situational Stories.

People were required to tell a story using the following five verbs: "Blender, potted plant, Aurora, Death-Knight and Fifth Street Bank". People were judged on creativity and entertainment factor alone. The final standings are as follows...

In third place, "The Life and Death of a Geriatric Bank Teller", was Alfieri!

Second place with "The Potted Plant Phenomenom" was Brick_Pollitt!

And last, but not least, in first place with "A Crazy Story For A Crazy Week" was the late MacLeod!

Well done men!

A special mention to Adrian's entry, which caused me to laugh so hard I was crying for twenty minutes based on the closing punch-line alone.

All entrants, because I have a bleeding effing heart, will be awarded five crackdowns each for their efforts. Feel free to use these personal favors of mine, or sell them for a profit. Once again, well done!

Marietta flips towards the second note card with a grin.

Secondly, we have the Poetry Contest.

There were eight entries. All of them were of various length, covering many different crimes... and I must say the other three judges and I could not come to a clear decision on whom should be a winner. In this case, we would like to award first place to all contestants. Congratulations to Ceelo, The_IceMan, WhiteWidow, Rebel, Sev_Machiavelli, Pickles and Adrian! Very well done!

Moving onto the third note card, Marietta gives a small cough before continuing.

Next on the agenda we will be judging the New York Petty Contest. The idea was to come up with some ideas for new potential petty crimes that we as mobsters can commit to make revenue. There was to be a first, second and third place. As with most of the contests I run, however, I come to find that at times there are ties in the standings. So with that I would like to announce the winners.

Tied in second place, and both the winners of two million dollars each are... Alfieri for "Extort the local business owners" and Louis-Lepek for "Rob the city's local Post Office". Well done to both of you!

And in first place, winner of three million dollars was... for his simple and to the point entry, SylvesterHargrave for "con a poor schlub"!

Congratulations to all of the petty contest winners, and thank you all for submitting!

The next note card is moved to the front of the line and Marietta glances quickly to make sure people are still listening her.

Let us see... next up is the Family Memoir Contest!

People were required to recant a four hundred word story on how they, or their Mother or Father, got started in This Thing of Ours. There were some amazing stories, but these three following really took the cake...

In third place was Knight-n-Gale! In second place was Adrian! In first place, and the winner of the memoirs contest was Marc_Jamieson for his thrilling and lovely story! Well done you three!

Yet there are a few honorable mentions here. Two people have also done well in their efforts and will win 250K for their story. Well done Skorpeon and louis-lepek. Well done men!

The last and final note card makes it's way towards Marietta's eager eyes. She smiles, pausing for a moment to taunt the waiting, gathered mobsters.

Last but definitely not least is the Godfather ThomasRourke Crew Name Contest! The objective was to create a potential name for the Godfather crew in New York. Three winners will be taking 100K each and 10 crackdowns home! Everyone else who entered will receive a crackdown for participation.

Thankfully we had three very clear winners, and I would like to announce them now. They are...

ApolloJustice for "I <3 New Rourke"! Scarface-TM for "ThomasRourke and The Rourkers or Rourkettes"! And Ezra_Brooks for "The Commission"! Congratulations! The real winner, however, will be whomever can convince Thomas to actually use one of these names. Erm, on second thought, lets not try.

Makes a face.

Anyway, the winnings!

Taking the briefcase from her associate she opens it up and begins handing out the money to the winners. People rejoice. Yay.

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for all your participation. As a Godfather I seem to get more money than I know what to do with, so I hope you are all looking forward to another Detroit is Crazy week in the near future. I know I certainly love passing along and sharing the wealth. Once more, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for making this an entirely enjoyable week in Detroit!

Marietta applauds towards the small gathered crowd before inclining her head in dismissal. Turning towards her new, young and sexy female bodyguard (whom at this point is a mystery to most people have seen her), she smiles and they walk towards Marietta's car side by side.
Report Post Tip
You said that my name for the New York crime family was a sure winner. You lied to me. I am so disappointed. So very disappointed.
Report Post Tip
Congtartz to everyone who won! It was an entertaining and I will definitely try to be a part of it more myself next time ;)
Report Post Tip
Pfft, "The Life and Death of a Geriatric Bank Teller" was pure literary genius.

I refuse to accept defeat.
Report Post Tip
Butt_Ox, you will be happy to know that your name received two votes. Sadly they were overruled by a more ethical member of the voting panel, stating that it was not "P.C.". In short, blame Fork.
Report Post Tip
Thank you again Marietta and all who helped put together and judge this contest. I feel really honored, especially for being new here.
Report Post Tip
well thank you all who voted,it was a good week, and i got 2 prizes.......yey me :)
Report Post Tip
Thank you for this GREAT honor! XD

Starts prancing around, ecstatic at his prize
Report Post Tip
tosses confetti

Congrats to all the wonderful writers out there!
Report Post Tip
Congratulations to everyone who won!!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Detroit is Crazy Results
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL