Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:25:25
Page:  1 
The New Orleans Tax Started by: Brick_Pollitt on May 04, '09 01:19
Welcome one and all to the Big Easy. We have some fine businesses for you to visit. We have some great drug prices, and there is no longer any tax for anybody to enter the city. Yeah, you heard right. I am lifting the tax on your entry to the city of New Orleans. So, come one and all to visit our city and see what you've been missing.

Brick looks up toward Philly, then back toward the crowd.

Yes, New Orleans is still under the leadership of our Godfather, JimmyTheLionheart, but in matters such as this, I will have final say in this city until St. Louis opens up. Then, we'll discuss Elegido's plans from that point forward. So, I say it's time to lift this tax in New Orleans.

Brick looks at his empty wallet, then back to the crowd again

Therefore, you are free to roam the city of New Orleans, tax free. I do, however, accept all donations for anybody who wishes to make sure I can maintain the lifestyle to which I have become accustomed. Bssides, Pepper needs some new pairs of shoes.

That is all.
Report Post Tip
I definitely approve of this move Mr_Pollitt. Its been a while since we had many people visit our cities and I believe the free travel will help refill our businesses with new clients and help get our cities back on track.
Report Post Tip
Well Brick, I know that you don't receive any Godfather taxes for the city like some of us are privileged to have so this is quite a rule to repeal. I have to applaud you for it though... While taxes could increase your personal income your interest in developing your city by way of more foot traffic is quite admirable. As you know, I am Obscenely Rich... One moment as I re-iterate that: Obscenely Rich. I don't think I could personally make that sacrifice due to my love of money.

I think the taxes in Philadelphia and New Orleans made sense, but after awhile I think it became obvious that money was being lost more than gained. I actually respect that the losses have been cut with this particular plan of action and am keen to see the new direction the two cities take. Jimmy and Brick, well done, I hope that this takes you two to a new level of prosperity... Although I will rue saying that as I enjoyed being one of the crew leaders who had a pass to your cities and being able to clean up on the bodyguards of the fallen while others had to be on the outside looking in.
Report Post Tip
looks on shaking in fear

Bah bah bah but Brick, what will we use to supply our HQ with Dr. Pepper and how will we keep those dancing lemmings on the pay-roll ???

walks away mumbling

Great now he is going to expect me to work
Report Post Tip
That was a beautiful decision Brick
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The New Orleans Tax
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL