Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:07:52
Page:  1 
Blood, Blues and Beginnings. Started by: Richie_B on May 04, '09 09:01
A new city. Of course, there's always a new city. Rome, Prague, Madrid, Paris, London, he'd seen them all. But this was different. This was America. The Land of Opportunity. Grandfather always wanted to go to America. Well, the old man was dead now, sleeping in the rich Sicilian earth of the lime grove he loved so much.

Richie looked round, a little overawed. A billboard suggest he attend 'Artropolis' art festival this week, but it had been heavily graffitied. Richie was amused by ironic crap like that. Wonder if it was the kind of art the Mayor had in mind.

He knew how to drink, play cards, the harmonica and lift a wallet, but he had next to no money and no roots; nowhere he belonged. Does loyalty, respect and willingness to learn matter in a place like this? If only he could find someone who could help.

Richie looked around him like a fool, almost believing that someone would appear.
Report Post Tip
Alfieri dug his hands deep into his trench coat pocket as he walked lopsidedly down the busy street. Godfather Rourke had sent him on another one of those tedious trips to the local business owners to check if all the payments were in order. If he could just find the little slip of paper with the address on it, he'd be well on his way by now but it seemed he had found himself wandering aimlessly, thrusting his hand back into his pocket every now and then to check if it had reappeared by some stroke of fortune.

He stopped for a moment and sighed, looking up to the sky as if to ask the Gods to give a guy a break. Just across the street, a man stood scanning his surroundings.

"You lost?", Alfieri called out.
Report Post Tip
Richie dropped his cigarette in shock. Stuff like this made him wish he'd gone to church a little more. He looked over cautiously. He wasn't scared of much, but this guy looked like he could take care of himself. No harm in being careful.

"I'm uh, pretty new in town. Just looking round for a place to stay, Know anywhere reasonable? By reasonable I mean I expect the cockroaches to at least be smaller than the rats?"
Report Post Tip
TheTerminator walks up behind the two that are talking

Hey Richie whats up? I talked to my RHM for ya like we discussed and all is good for you to join Reckless so welcome to the family bud, and I promise the cockroaches arnt as big as the rats.. the rats tho, well they are like the size of a cat so.. thats not saying too much..
Report Post Tip
A cold wind swept down Talon St. that mid morning Monday in Detroit. An almost sapp-ish slime coated the alleyways' walls, between what they liked to call houses in this part of town. Deadly_Shade was relaxed on the street side bench, letting his head lean backwards, lolling from side to side, and he examined the creaking streetlamp that was swinging back and forth, the bottom two lights, broken out, and dangling softly below, not fifteen feet to his right.*I need to quit this damn habit* he thought to himself as he got a ciggarette pang, and began searching for his pack and lighter. As he struggled lighting his square in the blowing wind, he peered around, taking in his surroundings further.*Where is he?* he thought impatiently. Aside from a lone man in his mid 20's, with a lost look on his face, baby steeping down the other side of the street, no one was around, certainly not the man he was waiting to do his..."exchange" with for his Don Cruel.

Sitting back down slowly, Deadly_Shade continued inhaling sharply on his smoke, and emitting equally long plumes of smoke into the air above him, focusing once more on the annoying creak, of the broken streetlamp. What seemed to be several minutes lapsed, until something broke him out of his creak infested stupor. Across the street, A man he had seen fairly recently in New York a week previously, when he had been to the ThomasRourke Family's estate to visit his cousin Vinny, and pickup his week's, "prescriptions". He was walking at a slow to medium pace, but searching his pockets furiously every twenty or thirty seconds, as if little bugs were in his trench's pockets and biting at his waist. *Odd little fella isn't he* Deadly_Shade thought. Then as suddenly as he had came walking around the corner pocket twitching, he stopped. Peering into the sky, the man closed his eyes for a short bit, and inhaled the fresh smoggish air that filled the city. Peering down the street where the young man had been earlier, Deadly_Shade found him standing directly across from the man from New York, who was now opening his eyes and looking to his left, which was directly at the now, almost eager looking young man.

"You lost?" The man from New York yelled across the street, as he began walking to the other side, joining him, and together, began slowly down the street, where Deadly_Shade himself was seated. The young man was now asking the New Yorker questions, one of which had something to do with his cockroaches being taller then his cat's, and at this Deadly_Shade decided that the young man was obviously lost, possibly delusional, and if he was seeking giant bugs, he sure as hell didn't need to be making deal's with a New Yorker. He killed his cigg, blew out the smoke into the already smog infested air, and was about to rise up from his warm bench spot, when the very same contact he had been waiting for, rushed right past him, and quickly ran up behind the pair of men walking down the broken sidewalk, of Talon Street, to his left.

Quickly getting up, Deadly-Shade began off behind him, doing his best to remember what his Don told him about tailing people, and keeping quiet, and began off after the three men as they continued down further towards a large half acre lot which was the Mayor's poor attempt at a city park, but was now filled with various gang members, ranging in races, and spread amongst them were men and women, seated at benches throughout the lot, wearing trench coats varying in colors and sizes, all reading newspapers, or smoking anything they could find. The men had all stopped infront of the lot, where his contact and friend TheTerminator, was now talking with the youngster.

"Hey Richie whats up? I talked to my RHM for ya like we discussed and all is good for you to join Reckless so welcome to the family bud, and I promise the cockroaches aren't as big as the rats.. the rats tho, well they are like the size of a cat so.. that's not saying too much.." TheTerminator was saying. He could not keep composure at this statement. Deadly_Shade began laughing at a medium level, more to announce his presence than anything. "I bet if you would stop blowing all the smoke from your different strains, your rat's wouldn't be such a freakish size." Deadly_Shade said in a joking tone. " But in all seriousness, Richie, if I did hear correctly?" Deadly_Shade asked at the younger looking man, whom nodded. "Yes, well Richie, do know what you are getting into before you join any crew. Especially these guys." he nodded at TheTerminator and gave him a slight joke like jab to his side. TheTerminator did not return the jab, but merely remained silent for a moment, with a stern look amongst his face. Across from him, the New Yorker was sitting there with an impatient look amongst his face, and Richie just appeared confused.

Deadly_Shade continued, "They smoke a bunch, but they get the jobs done. But if you want protection, if you have loyalty, and a bit of skill, you'd be a fine addition to our family Redemption. Doesn't matter who you choose youngster, as long as you follow the rules laid down by the Godmother Marietta, and the city's Don's. If you're still finding yourself wanting, especially if it's a dream that you want to acquire one day. We can help you on your quest to riches, respect, and power. Think about it." he finished, and reaching into his jacket's inner pocket, he pulled out a card, on which were the words: The Riot! - Brings to you... Redemption.

In small black print, the contact number, and address:

http://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=53487 "Don - Cruel, faithful to Godmother Marietta"

was written on the back. "That's the guy you wanna know in this town," Deadly_Shade said handing the card to Richie, "and loyalty to him, will get you where ever you wanna go." Quickly reaching out into TheTerminator's pockets for the 100 stacks he owed him, he dropped the 10lb brick of the purest coke he had ever had the pleasure of transporting into his hand, tipped his hat, turned heel, and swiftly walked back up Talon St., Detroit, without so much as a single glance back.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Blood, Blues and Beginnings.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL