Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:28
Page:  1 
Dr. Ball (and Seth): The Only Casualty of War Started by: ThomasRourke on May 05, '09 15:02
For many months Thomas Rourke had developed a lurid relationship with the late Dr. Ball, so when he found out that Don Munchkin had shot him, he was livid. Dr. Ball had a temper sure, but there was a reason his name was not Dr. BallS (due to an accident in his adolescence), and for that Thomas could always overlook his angry temperament. The war had raged on for hours and the winning side couldn't help but notice that Dr. Ball was quickly looking like the only casualty of war. Thomas began trudging through a large graveyard filled with dead people from the Munchkin-Sal war, all of them from New Orleans. Thomas was told his allies' casualties were on the other side of the cometary. Many times he came close to losing the flowers he was carrying when he almost tripped over the annoying tombstones that littered the ground, but more often than not could avoid them with great agility. Finally Thomas came across a small fenced in area different than the rest, it seemed to be the only part of the graveyard that received any sunlight. There was an old gravedigger patting down fresh dirt with a shovel that Thomas approached and began speaking to. "I heard this was the burial plot for Dr. Ball and... Wasn't there some other Wise Guy who died in the war?"

The elderly man replied, "It is, there were too many bodies rolling in from New Orleans though, we had to bury... Seth was it? Yes, Seth, we had to bury him underneath Dr. Ball to conserve room. They are all there is from Philly's side."

Thomas was taken aback by that statistic and waved off the old gravedigger for now was a time of reflection. "Dr. Ball we have been friends for a long time, and nothing pains me like seeing you buried here. You should be running free with the wind blowing through your hair and a golden tan that just won't quit. I miss you dearly... and Seth." Thomas placed flowers on top of the earth and walked somberly from the cemetery.
Report Post Tip
I did not know them but the way you talk about them they must have been great.

pLACES A FLOWER AT THERE FEETS
Report Post Tip
Strolling past the venerable ThomasRourke, Kates hears a man exclaim "pLACES A FLOWER AT THERE FEETS"

O my sweet, holy God protect me.

Crosses herself and walks away quickly.
Report Post Tip
In the area, Aria can't help but observe Kates' reaction and laugh to herself. She catches a glare from the somber ThomasRourke and offers up a few words

Rest easy, you two.

Uh.. Seth.. tried to sell me something from inside a trench coat...

Aria shrugs and continues on her way
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Dr. Ball (and Seth): The Only Casualty of War
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL