Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:25:54
Page:  1 
The Boss, The Family, The Soldiers Started by: Leone on May 05, '09 15:33
Walks out of a bar and grabs a box and stands on it in the middle of the road, and begins his speech

Recently on the streets of Chicago a leader was gunned down. Now I'm not here to discuss his murder or the circumstances, I'm here to ask all your opinion. When a leader is assasinated, the family falls apart and disbands therefore leaving the sponsered unsponsored, now first of all I don't like wars, but doesn't this make them too quick. Shouldn't the reins be passed onto the second in command?

Stays standing on his box waiting for the replies and thoughts of the other esteemed mobsters
Report Post Tip
I think that the R or LHM of the crew should immediatlry ask someone in there city for protection frome them. They could get him/her to post in COMM to not kill these people who have had there CL killed.
Report Post Tip
Sometimes the reigns are passed on to the second command. Depends purely on the situation. There are many factors that are figured into such a decision.

1. Is this a captain family or a head family?

2. Is the "second-in-command" Ready to lead?

3. What would the late boss want?

4. Who's call is it?

Generally, whomever is in charge of the situation gets to make that choice. In the event that it isn't any one person's call then usually it is up to a council decision between current leaders.

Scratches his head.

Not sure if I left anything out, but that seems to be a general overview of it all. Second in command gets the reigns if the situation calls for it. However, usually when a boss is wiped out, so is their upper structure. Leaving the homeless on their own to find their own paths.

Straightens his tie and sets his suitcase down to listen to other replies.
Report Post Tip
Given my limited degree of knowledge, I can't speak with certainy you might want Leone - but I believe Apollo is correct. It's often based one the variables he presented.

In a perfect world, someone from within would climb the horse and continue to lead. However you know our world is not perfect.
Report Post Tip
1. Is this a captain family or a head family?

2. Is the "second-in-command" Ready to lead?

3. What would the late boss want?

4. Who's call is it?

I agree with you statements Apollo but, 1. If its a head family who decides who leads?

2. Who would decide if the second in command is ready to lead if its a head family?

3. "What would the late boss do"? Most people who have the chance to lead in this case would automatically take the leadership and not think about what the late boss would do.
Report Post Tip
I personally think that 2. doesn't come in to it. We would hope that it does but there has been some pretty inaffective bosses in real life and ingame because of succsession.
Report Post Tip

1. If its a head family who decides who leads?

2. Who would decide if the second in command is ready to lead if its a head family?

3. "What would the late boss do"? Most people who have the chance to lead in this case would automatically take the leadership and not think about what the late boss would do.

1. If they have captains set up it is often given to them, if not, then it is chosen by current leaders in other cities.

2. Usually set by council.

3. The late bosses often leave a "will" or testament to the other leaders in what they should do (OOC: They often tell the other bosses they want X-Person set up in their stead.)

I personally think that 2. doesn't come in to it. We would hope that it does but there has been some pretty ineffective bosses in real life and ingame because of succession.

While this is true, don't think that this point hasn't been a valid argument as to why someone should set up before. Maybe the person feels they are not ready, maybe the ex-boss, or maybe the shooter. Even though poor leaders come up that way sometimes, it doesn't mean that there haven't been instances in which that has been avoided through deliberation.
Report Post Tip
I always like to help out when someone ask questions but really I dont care. When your CL gets killed you just find yourself another one. Your loyalty and trust given to your CL is gone with his soul. Thats only if a second in command takes charge or other scenarios occur. But other than that just get a CL quick.
Report Post Tip
Sibilo walks out to the scene of the speech, listens to a few opinions as well as the original question and decides to give his own input.

It is of my belief that a second in command should indeed take over the family, even for the part-time after a leader has died. If the leader has died in the war, you would like to think the second in command would set up, give a home to all the "unsponsored" as they were and continue the fight. A leader does not go to a war, a family does. If a leader dies for a different reason however, I would like to see the Right Hand Man take over as Family Leader and pick up the pieces. Now this is of course if the RHM is an important person(for those of you ready to say well who decides that, the people do and by the people I mean the Godfathers and Godmothers and the other Family Leaders, these are the ones who allow family leaders to set up in the first place, these will be the ones who make this decision).

Other things that will come into account are that the Right Hand Man must of course be the rank of Made Man and the Godfather or Godmother of the city or if not available, the main family leader of the city must give authorisation for the Right Hand Man. If the family leader trusts a person enough to make them RHM, then surely they are good enough to take over in the same way they would if the family leader was unavailable. This is of course leaving people to trust the family leader's decisions and that is for you as a person to decide.

Sibilo feeling tired decides to take his leave and goes to look for a good pizzeria, something he's been craving all day.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Boss, The Family, The Soldiers
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL