Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:54:21
Page:  1 
Family Responsibility Started by: Jay-C on Nov 01, '07 17:57
So, I came to thinking about this the other day, and I decided that I would like the communities opinion on this subject, so here I go...

I just wanted to know, what do you think about Family ties? Now, this is a complex question, So I'll try to break it down into, sub question, if you will, to make it easier for everybody. This will be a kind of quiz, but that a formal quiz, just to find out either what type of person you are, or what you think about each question, everybody is welcome to say their views. Everybody.

1) When you join a family, what are you committing to?

2) While you are in that family, What standard responsibilities do you have?

3) While climbing up the Family Ladder, what is needed from you?

4) If the family head dies while you are still alive, what are your actions, do you;

a) Say nothing at the funeral, and move on

b) Say a simple RIP at the funeral, and move on

c) Say a bit more than RIP at the funeral, and move on

d) Say a good RIP at the funeral, and attempt to help the homeless by setting up your own family

e) Say a good RIP at the funeral, and join the family already set up in your bosses honor

f) Say a good RIP at the funeral, join the family already set up in your bosses honor, and set out to kill the person responsible?

5) If you are the Boss, what responsibilities do you have for your family?

Well, that's the "quiz". I would like to hear your views about this, even maybe answer it in the form I have laid out the question. To start off though. I will do the "quiz"...

1) When I join a family, I am committing myself to the boss, and all of the families members, I am committing to helping out with anything I possibly can, that will benefit the family in any way shape or form.

2) When I am in that family, I have the responsibility of giving the family a good name, in whatever I do. My actions, my words, are all things that could help, or destroy a families reputation. I have the responsibility of following the family rules, whatever rules they may be. I respect the boss, the RHM, and give respect to anyone in the family, until the abuse that respect.

3) When climbing the family ladder, I need to continue helping the family, if I am climbing the ladder already, I must be doing something right, I find what I am doing right, and I do it more, so that I am proving myself to be worthy of the next place in the ladder.

4) Question 4 has 3 possibilities I would consider, these are;

d) e) and f) because

It would depend on the circumstances, if there was a family already set up, I might be tempted to join that one, and help to find the killer of my boss. If there wasn't a family already set up, I would set up my own, take in those that are n unsponsored because of my bosses death. And try to find the killer.

5) Hmmm, if I was the boss, I have the responsibility of looking after my family, making sure no-one gets in trouble or breaks the rules, I have the responsibility of protecting them at whatever cost I can.

Well, there's my answers, and would you be so kind to give yours?

Please go right ahead!
Report Post Tip

There considered my own flesh and blood and i would do anything for them.. I'm dedicating my life to protect my family.

To do whatever i can for the family, put my sweat and blood into helping anywhere that it's needed.

Even more of my time to help my subordinates, to make sure they walk the same path i did.

4) If the family head dies while you are still alive, what are your actions, do you;

d) Say a good RIP at the funeral, and attempt to help the homeless by setting up your own family

e) Say a good RIP at the funeral, and join the family already set up in your bosses honor

f) Say a good RIP at the funeral, join the family already set up in your bosses honor, and set out to kill the person responsible?

I would attend the funeral, stay there until the very end. After I've paid my respects, and the boss is in the ground, i would set out and keep fighting until either I'm dead or i have avenged my bosses death. If the rest of my family, which i would hope they would be, were also trying to avenge the bosses death then i would join them.

To protect the family, keep them safe from harm. To make sure there trained properly and never send them out without them knowing what there doing. I need to think on there behalf and make the right choices for them.
Report Post Tip
I would carry what on what my Boss started, hopefully it would last but aslong as the Boss knew I tried to serve and protect the family.. thats all that matters.
Report Post Tip

I am committing to the family, and to the Leader for life. I am committing myself to being prepared to die for the aformentioned family.

I feel this one is a little subjective. Some Bosses may choose to exploit and harness a member's abilities, others may not. In short, my responsibilities are whatever my Boss tells me they are. My responsibilities that are a given in any situation, however, are the basic following of rules.

Continuing Loyalty. Rank should bring respect, but it's fair to say that without loyalty, you are nothing. Again, once I'm higher up in a family, it's of even more importance that I listen to my Leader when he tells me what my responsibilities are.

None of the above. A "good RIP" doesn't quite cut it for me. If my leader dies, it has been a long standing tradition of my bloodline to attend the funeral, regardless of their rank or status inside the family. They gave me a roof over my head and a patch of turf to squeee cash out of, giving them the best send off I can after they go is the least I can do, right?

As for oaths of revenge and so on, that's completely subjective, perhaps the most subjective topic that can be discussed and ultimately, I'd rather not start talking about unending hypotheticals.

To do everything within my power to keep them alive, granted, there must be a line between the welfare of your own family when a matter such as disrespect is involved; but again, we're straying into irrelevant hypotheticals, and I don't like hypotheticals one bit.
Report Post Tip

- I don't think committing is exactly the right word. You're depending on the family.

- To do whats asked of you and more if possible.

- Sexual favors. If not that then how about being a person who other people can follow and work with.

- None of the above. Theres no respect to be given in a funeral. Just a bunch of regrets. How about holding up the standard the person set and trying to improve it. Of course you don't ignore the leader but no one expects to live forever so its just how close you are to the person what reaction you have publicly.

- Getting a buffet is job #1 for all CL's. Oh and theres all that stuff about putting your family in a position to do good things. Also you need to be the reason your family succeeds not the reason the family fails.
Report Post Tip
Thanks for all your answers, I enjoyed listening to them. It's good to see how this community thinks. And what is to become of it too.

I understand what you mean about Question 4, I didn't word it very well, and your answers were better than any answers I could've gave.

Once again, thank you. And anyone else wishing to express their views may do so.
Report Post Tip
A relatively silent man until now, steps up to give his answers to the questions posed.

Ahh, these sorts of questions. I was actually pndering for sometime about whether to actually speak in the streets, or just preserve my status to maintain an easy life by not getting on anyones bad sides, so to speak. I however decided I would be a hipocrit against what my father always moaned about, mutes and people who are scared to speak as they don't want to die. So I decided to answer these questions 100% truthfully and not say things I feel the boss "wants to hear" to get me in her good books.

1)When you join a family, what are you committing to?

When I first join a family, any family at gangster, its entirely for my own needs. To preserve my own life. I don't donate or contribute anything to the family. I pay my tributes as a small thankyou for housing me, but nothing more. I normally find however as I pass more up the ranks, I become much more loyal to my chosen family, providing I like the CL. I normally get more active in the HQ, chill in the chosen coffeeshop and generally show more loyalty towards the family. This then continues, as I progress further up the ranks or as I know them more and normally have the upmost loyalty for my family by the time I die.

What responsibilities? Inside the family, normally jack shit when I first start off. I am thrown in a subcrew and left there to keep low and work my ass off. Outside the family, I just make sure I don't bring a bad name to the family and die a very quick, early death. As time progresses though and providing I am active, I am normally more responsibility, as what happens in more families one would assume.

My money primarily if im honest. Unless I start training my gun, they normally want my money and lots of it, to keep the family afloat, build bigger headquarters and buy more bodyguards for the CL. My loyalty and occasionally my opinion is however needed more as I progress up the ranks. And by the time i reach a respectable status or have proven myself to the BOss, i am put in positions of power and asked to pass my wisdom on.

Ahh, depends if I liked the Boss and how long I had been in the family. If I am relatively low ranked, such as gangster and possibly goomber and I thought the CL was an utter wanker, the chances are they wont even get a RIP and ill move onto the next family. If I like the boss I will almost certainly die fighting, alone if needsbe. Nothing worse than join a family, which has just taken down your own. My father hated those people the most.

To protect them entirely, or die fighting. They are first priority, as not only do I help them, but they sure as hell give me a nice little defence boost. They can also do things for me, when asked and donate a lot of money to help make the family better. These are my livelihood.

The man sinks back into the crowd, before heading back to his home city and local bar, The Beer House.
Report Post Tip
Jay smiles to ginsters as he steps down from speaking

"Thanks you kind sir. Your honesty is much appreciated by myself, and I hope the others listening to you"

Jay looks around the crowd, at the few people who have not spoken yet

"Anybody else to take the 'quiz' "
Report Post Tip
When you join a family, what are you committing to?

I am committing to my boss and his/her rules, what s/he says goes, and to them i owe my life, at no matter what stage

While you are in that family, What standard responsibilities do you have?

Well obviously this all depends on the boss, but the simple basic responsibilities are to simply follow omerta, be respectful to every single mafioso you come across

While climbing up the Family Ladder, what is needed from you?

Loyaly, respect but most of all and never forgetting trust!

If the family head dies while you are still alive, what are your actions, do you;

a) Say nothing at the funeral, and move on

b) Say a simple RIP at the funeral, and move on

c) Say a bit more than RIP at the funeral, and move on

This is a very complex question, as to when your boss dies every situation is completely different, no matter what a very good RIP is required, simply because they lead you to the person you are, Now my honest beliefs are if you are earner or above you die with the boss, sp that mean go on fighting the cause by yourself or join a family in honor of your boss and then get justice sorted. The ranks before earner well is upto the person and also upto the boss, how well they have affected you as a person

If you are the Boss, what responsibilities do you have for your family?

Everything that is imaginable and the more, what you dont expect will be a responsibility, and what you will be an even bigger responsibility.
Report Post Tip
Jay smiles, and steps back up

"I would like to say thankyou to all the people who have steppes forward and expressed their views. It really is nice to see a bit of conversation out here"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Family Responsibility
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL