Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:40:07
Page:  1 
Whats rogue got to do with it Started by: PeterPetrelli on Nov 01, '07 19:20
Invisible Peter starts talking in front of a crowd of Mafioso's

Crowds listen on, nervously looking about to see whose speaking

I've been looking to discuss this topic for awhile now, I have a another few questions I would like to ask the gathering crowds who come out here to talk about what they hear and see...

What goes on in a rogue family leaders head, I'm pretty sure that some of your relatives have once taken a very dangerous step into this shaky path.

Another way to describe the common rogue...

Dangerous solitary animal: a vicious or uncontrolled animal that lives apart from the rest of its herd or group.

That's the way I think a lot of us would look at it when someone becomes a rogue, but what is actually going through your head when your taking on this role?

What's your reason for being like this and what are you trying to achieve?

I'm sure most cases are different, but then again I'm sure there's some sort of connection to all of the people that go rogue, whether it's just to go down in the history books, as someone who stepped out of line and made there on rules or maybe put there foot down on a certain subject they disagreed on.

I don't quite know but I would like to find out from people who has seen this thing happen before or know of past family members doing it.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Which sort of rogue are we talking about here? I would prefer to classify them into two different sorts of rogue.

Believe it or not, I define one of these rogues as a loyal rogue. One that merely sets up without auth to house their former CLs members, carry on the family name if possible and fight for the cause that their CL died fighting for.

The second rogue is the one that I think is the one you are referring to - one that sets up without auth and is disloyal for doing so as they have left their family to do this. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as to fight for a cause they believe in, if they were going to get HQ'd for one reason or another or if they were unhappy with their current family/situation and was unable to leave the family and join another one with that notion.

What goes through their head? The 1st type of rogue, is merely to look after the family he was raised with. He knows he will die eventually, but he will die knowing that he protected his members for as long as possible and bought them time, and fought for his CL to his own demise.

The 2nd type has only one thought in their mind generally, and that is achieving their goal or aim when they rogued.
Report Post Tip
Carlo, both your type of rogues are same except for one little detail. Rogue 1 is more selfish than rogue 2, you say #1 protects his members for as long as he can and gives them time. That's a load of crap, the best protection they could ever get is by joining a legit family, anyone who joins a rogue is usually killed pretty fast, is the rogue loyal as you said? To his CL yes, but not to the ones he's supposed to protect, they will all die.

And both types have the same thought in their mind, both have a goal, be it the death of those at war against rogue 1 or his own death and his members, and for rogue 2 the death of those he wishes to kill until he himself is killed.

Cell Block 4!
Report Post Tip
In most cases, I wouldn't consider Rogue #1 a "rogue," per se. They are more of a temporary home. They seek nothing more than protecting their family, and in most cases disband when said family members can find a new home.

The moment they start ignoring "cease and desist" orders, however, that changes.

And as for Rogue #2, there are a few different motivations. Sometimes, it is a violent individual just looking to cause some mayhem. Sometimes, it is a disgruntled opponent to the current regime looking to make a point. Sometimes, even, it is a desperate soul who knows he will never get authorization to set up legitimately, and just wants to run something resembling a family for a few hours.

No matter their differences, these rogues all have one thing in common. They all usually die within a few hours, at the most.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Whats rogue got to do with it
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL