Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:52:04
Page:  1 
My Rule of PickPocketing Started by: alfie_alviano on May 11, '09 09:35
Your walking down the street when you see a Man standing on top of a refrigeration unit. As a small crowd walk towards his voice when you identify the man as alfie_alviano. Joining in on the crowd you are curious to what he has to say. As you approach him you see his demeanor is serious

Good Evening people of the Crime World. It is my intentions today to inform you of my Standard Pick Pocketing Procedures. I have been lienant with people picking my pockets outside friendly pp cities. What grinds my Gear is people putting there hands in my pocket without taking me to Dinner, really how hard it is just to approach me and say yada yada yada I want to PP you. Not even a notice of pick pocket. This is an insult to me. I have here in my hands are my terms for future reference. From this day foward, I will keep them posted on this refrigeration unit. Spread the word. I continue to stay PP friendly but violators will be dealt with. Thank you for your time and cooperation. Good Day.

You see him jump down from the refrigeration unit, alfie_alviano turns and post the notice paper on the front of the unit. Turning back to the crowd once more he gives one last farewell pardon. You walk up to read the notice. . .

Notice Reads

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

alfie_alviano Standard Pick Pocketing Procedures

Before Picking my pockets, Notification and Confirmation is Needed.

How to go about this,

1. Send MM to notify me of your intentions, I keep all my money in the bank so with MM me, I will get $100.000 from the bank.

2. Wait for confirmation from me (alfie_alviano) to allow you to pick my pockets

3. You can keep what you take

4. If you PP me without asking me and I catch you, you are giving me permission to shot you. If I don't catch your name you are forgiven. Send me MM and I will give you $50,000
Report Post Tip
Signore Alviano, I can see this announcement being viewed with some disdain among some of our more cynical members of the community, however, it never hurts to have something like this available for new people to our coasts to notice and take notice of.

I however, despise Pickpocketing and should anyone touch my pockets without asking I will take away their hands.

...And life, should blood loss not take them.
Report Post Tip
Mr Ox hears someone mention "cynical" and his ears perk up

I wouldn't call it disdain, Mr. Rossi. Let's shine a more favorable light on it and call it "Mobster Education".

I did enjoy the way Alfie made this presentation, but there are a couple of problems with this. First of all, he is plainly stating that he has intentions of taking matters into his own hands rather than going through the proper channels. His Boss and the Boss of the person he shoots may not appreciate this.

Secondly, you should never make threats you do not plan on backing up. Nobody will take you seriously when you make a threat if you do this. If I pickpocket you, are you going to shoot me? I doubt it, but who knows, maybe you are that bold. If you don't, I will never take you seriously again and may just taunt you on a regular basis. If you do, you will miss, then I will shoot back, and I won't miss. Either way, it will end badly for you. I see that you are trying to avert this problem by making a disclaimer that pickpocketing you without permission is the functional equivalent of giving permission to shoot back. That does not quite cut it. I could say "By you writing this notice, you are giving me permission to shoot you". Or "By you breaking me out of jail, you are giving me permission to shoot you".

See, you can make disclaimers like that all you want, but it is not going to legitimize your wrongdoing or save you from getting a bullet in the ass if you take matters into your own hands.

It is much easier to simply say that you do not want people sticking their hands in your pockets, and that you see it as a sign of disrespect. Then, if someone ignores your request, you can take it to your Boss and have the matter dealt with between the family heads.
Report Post Tip
Do not read every threat as something that I personally will carry out, nor see me as a single person, Signore Ox. Not that I intend on making a great deal of threats, that is. Anyway, I was only adding a touch of humour to this discussion, but understand your comment 100% and you are correct.

I agree that he should not run around shooting people by his own law and cause, it could cause more trouble that $5,000 is worth.
Report Post Tip
*walks over and listens*

*seems to understand the man complaint and listens to the on-lookers*

*straightens his suit tie because Floyd does have a image to keep up*

*nod head in agreement*

Yep, what Butt-Ox! Better have some balls and guts if you're going to go over the head of your family and the PPer's family to handle the situation.
Report Post Tip
Oh, what to say...what to say.

Brick takes a deep breath to avoid snapping, counts to 10 and looks to Alfie.

Well alfie. I say do what you gotta do. But believe me, if I see you I will be sticking my hands in your pockets. If you have to shoot me, then shoot me. Just don't expect to live long. I can't tell you how much this little speech has pissed me off.

You have really got to be kidding me with this, right? What the fuck world do you live in? Do you send a hand written letter to every store before you walk in and rob it? Do you send a letter to the police asking permission if you may drug deal in their city?

If you have to take it into your own hands, then do it. But right now, I'm giving everybody in New Orleans permission to pickpocket you if and when you are in New Orleans. If you have the balls to shoot at them, then guess what will happen? And I will forward this information to your crewleader as well.

Don't come out here and threaten me. And alfie. You're not permitted to commit any crimes in New Orleans without first sending me a hand written letter explaining your intentions, the reasons why you need to commit crime in this city, and asking my permission.
Report Post Tip
A few people have had the line "pick my pocket and ill kill you" this just tempts me more, i stealth them i get moeny, i fail they shoot at me and i get protection for a while and then get the powers that be to deal with it. If you have simple message like "PickPocket frindly jsut ask" or something on them lines, if people do not ask then you can go on and get them "Delt With". Easy
Report Post Tip
*rolling bye in his pick-up, yells out the window*

I side with the Don!

*rolls his window back up and heads to check on his prostitution ring*
Report Post Tip
Fayth wanders past stops to listen to the man talk and reads the sign, sighing she looks up and speaks to the man

Why are you so upset about this? Surely if they pp you and it isn't stealthed you can surely pp them back? Let alone the fact that at the most all you will lose is $5000 and if your doing your petties and whatnot you'll make it back in less than an hour or is this not the case?

Fayth walks off and leaves the man to his thoughts
Report Post Tip
I'm not really a fan of the whole PP me and I'll shoot you POV. I mean sure its your decision but as Fayth points out you can just PP them back or suck up the 5000 loss and rob someone else. I just ask people to pay me back after and 9 times out of 10 they do. Its really just when someone has no other power in this world so they really care about whats going on with their pocket change.
Report Post Tip
My apologies to Mr. Brick_Pollit, but your city is PP free right? So I don't mind mugged there, and I will not shot until I get my Boss permission.

And Mr.Ox thank you for your lecture, but I understand how's things work around here and I'm not gonna shot people around and its not a threat, I just tired people sticking their hand into my pocket, they not even bother to wrote " hey, I'm gonna PP you now. Thanks " really how hard to tell me that?

Thank you all, I hope I don't offence anyone.

Alfie take a box of cigar and pass them around
Report Post Tip
Oowh I forgot, to Mr.Rossi thank you for coming, the problem is not about the money but is about privacy. Even Godfathers said if " anyone have don't PP said, then you must respect their wish ". I'm not trying to make enemies here, I really enjoy talking to you all. Again, I'm sorry about my manner, I'm just a little piss. Thank you for listening what I got to say
Report Post Tip
No problem. You didn't turn into a raging, filth-spewing online person. Kudo's to you.

I see pickpocketing as another achievement to finish...nothing more. I've yet to work on it though...
Report Post Tip
Dear God.

Now that I have my button I can finally tell you the word you are looking for is *SHOOT*

You will not SHOOT people.

Oh, also? Anyone, in any city, at ANY time can pick pocket me.

That is all.
Report Post Tip
thank you Pickles, may i offer you some cigar?have a good day for you
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My Rule of PickPocketing
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL