Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:26
Page:  1 
On automatic weapons. Started by: EvilCLown on May 11, '09 15:44
*EvilClown dusts off his soap box and steps up*

Hey there. *twitch* I come here following an ancestors footsteps one who treaded these very same streets when the paving slabs were made of creamcheese *twitch*.

My family line has been lost in the wilderness, back in the home country they dedicated their time to a differant way of life but after finding an old faded note book I find myself here.

The notebook I read detailed a way of life that made me shiver with waves of excitement it spoke of the way duels were settled with a good honest 6 shooter and I craved for more.... So I down my tools picked up the hierloom left down the line of *twitch* generations and made my way here, back to the fabled new country where any thing was possible and from the lowest of the low it was possible to climb your way to the top. A country and time of opportunity.

Alas it seems the old rusty 6 shooter that passed down from my ancestors is now defunct. The people that tread these streets have equivalent M16 assault rifles capable of firing 6 wacks per second completly negating any finesse that the once mythical black art of hunting and stalking inactive *twicth* prey demanded. It comes down to one thing. How many rounds a second can your gun fire.

How long has this unholy method of killing the cannon fodder been allowed to take place, does it really have to happen this way?

*Throws his rusty 6 shooter into the gathering crowd, hauls a gatling gun over his shoulder and wanders off in the direction of Las Vegas*
Report Post Tip
awesome, what is this M16 assault rifle you speak of? It sounds interesting is it a new invention?
Report Post Tip
The M16 is indeed a new invention taken straight from our very own factories and industries *twitch* in Detroit. It would seem you may know it as a bren gun or browning gun.

It would seem it is the weapon of choice on these although I expect in appearance it is very similar to the gun I threw away only insteaad of one trigger it has 120.
Report Post Tip
(OOC: The M16 was not developed until 1962-1964. In this place, the decade the is 1930's)
Report Post Tip
For the clever chump above I am refering to the M16 Chellerault . Developed in 1917.
Report Post Tip
Specify then. When people hear "M16", they think of the Colt version.
Report Post Tip
Not in the 1930s they don't.
Report Post Tip
(I knot this is totally OOC, but this is full of so much ownage.)

very well put, Signore Clown, but I am struggling to understand your original point?
Report Post Tip
Unless I am mistaken in my firearms (I don't much care for the things, after all) I'm curious as to what sort of divine intervention would be required to fire six rounds per second out of the five-round clips that feed an M-16 Chellerault...
Report Post Tip
I'm so glad that in the future a new way of sharing information will make everybody experts on everything.
Report Post Tip
couldnt agree more. nuff said.
Report Post Tip
Welcome to the new era, EC. I miss the old days of finesse, as well. Not much we can do about it except adapt and overcome. There are still strategies you can use to get ahead of the common hitman, but I will leave those to you to figure out.
Report Post Tip
People will always moan.

I say "Strap on a pair"
Report Post Tip
I understand completely what Evil Clown means; I'm still using my good old .38 when doing hits, but all that gets me now is:

You raise your gun and point it at where X recently stood. He is no longer there. You look like a fool in front of the gathering spectators around his already dead body.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: On automatic weapons.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL