Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 12:46:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Halcyon Lounge Started by: Kari on Feb 01, '15 02:44

Neph had arrived in Detroit after a long airplane trip. Smoothing out her hair in the airport as she straightened her jacket and purse. This trip had been a personal one and not one meant for business. This was the night she would finally get to see her friend Kari's Halcyon Lounge. She was excited and had worn her best suit for the occasion. Her black slacks with a crisp red shirt along with her black thigh high boots and red jacket. Checking herself in a nearby bathroom mirror before she went outside in the cold of the city.

Quickly Neph flagged down a taxi and gave him the address of the Lounge. The car trip wasn't too bad but she found herself rubbing her hands on her thighs in nervousness. She was not a fan of large crowds and she somehow knew this place would draw them in. Kari knew so many people so it was only a good guess.

As the taxi pulled up, Neph paid him double the fare and got out. Her heels tapped along the ice covered cement before she got to the doors. Slipping easily inside she began to take a look around. The place was easily one of the most beautiful things she had seen. Heading towards the bar she smiled politely at the person getting drinks.

"Just a rum and coke if you would please."

As Neph got her drink she found a quiet spot with a few chairs open. Heading in that direction she sat down. Bringing the drinks to her lips, she sipped lightly and looked around for Kari.

Report Post Tip

he had been following @nephthys for awhile now. her purse was almost nearly impossible, but he was determined to steal it. a chance almost presented itself before she slipped into The Halcyon Lounge. the chase would have to be put on hold until she left after her meal. he wasn't sure how long it would take, so he settled down on a bench across the street and started to watch the doorway for her eventual exit.

Report Post Tip

The thought of it was making his mouth water and his stomach churn at the same time, he had to have.  That rich aroma.  That slavery taste of a cheese burger.  That's when he stopped dead in his tracks. The Halcyon Lounge.  

Benny stepped inside and saw the place was packed so he thought quickly and went right up to the hostess podium and read a name on the list.

"May I help you sir?" She asked with skeptical eyes.

"Yes my name is George Clooney and I reserved a table for two..I'm uh, still waiting for my friend."

The lady squinted at Benny then looked down at the list for a second.  He eyebrows raised slightly before motioning him to follow her.  He sat amongst all the some known and some unknown gangsters in Detroit at the time and ordered his meal and some wine.

Report Post Tip

After Karmen had sat at the bar talking for awhile with Mave, Kari made her way back over to chat with them real quick. She said, "Thanks again for coming ladies. It was wonderful to have you here at the opening. Please stop in anytime you're in Detroit. I'd love to get to spend more time with you both when you're in town for business."

Karmen replied, saying, "Yeah I had a lot of fun here, Kari. You did a great job with the place. However, I probably ought to get going because I have to attend to some business in Los Angeles. I'm hoping I don't miss the flight! Maybe the alcohol in my system will make it easier for me to sleep the whole way there! Bye bye Mave! Thanks for the chat! Bye Kari! Thanks for the fun, and good luck with the rest of your evening!"

When Karmen finished talking, she got up out of her seat and realized she was a lot more drunk than she originally though. She clumsily walked out of the bar after pushing on the door instead of pulling it, and then walked down the hallway. After missing the right to the elevator, she almost got lost in the hallways somewhere when, after asking a random person where the elevator was, she was pointed in the right direction.

"Thank you sir!" She said to the man who had given her the tip. "I'll repay you someday!"

She turned around to get into the elevator and hoped that she pushed the right button to get her down to the bottom floor. When it arrived at the lobby of the building, she breathed a drunk sigh of relief and then walked outside where her bodyguard had been waiting in the car for God only knows how long. She got in the car and told him to take her to the airport pronto so she could make her flight to LA.

Report Post Tip

Doing good pushing his product at the local Zoo and Aquarium he knew it was time to make a change of scenery and throw the cops off if he was catching any heat. He entered the Halcyon Lounge and began Eying  he place up it looked like it would be another gold mine for him. The first thing he wanted to do was find an empty spot at the bar and set up shop. He strolled over to the bar nodding and winking to a local that he met the other day. He continued on his way to the bar talking to as many people as he could before he finally got to his bar stool. He was gonna take off his coat but than after patting the pockets he remembered he had to much product on him. He flagged the bartender down and said.

"let me get a martini and make it extra dirty" he said with a wink than turned around leaning his back on the bar as he got a better look around.

Report Post Tip

It had been a horrible day for AdmiralAckbar. His flight was delayed, sat next to a crying child all the way from New York to Detroit and a passenger had spilled orange juice all over his jacket. Once the plane landed The Admiral was glad he left his gun in a safety deposit, out of his range, as the flight could have turned ugly.

But now, after a quick nap in the cab that drove him down town, all he wanted was a drink. While he stepped out of the cap he quickly looked around, looking for a nice place to relax. Flashing lights pulled his attention and led hem inside The Helcyon Lounge. What a magnificent place...

Admiral Ackbar sat down at the bar and ordered his drink. 

Once of your best whisky's please, and make that a double. Admiral winked at the waitress and waited for his drink to be served. He grabbed himself a cigar and a matchbook, lit it up and rested his arms on the bar. 

'This is what I am talking about' Admiral thought to himself...

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod was wondering around town in Detroit on business when he notices a lounge on the corner of the street. It was a nice place and it seemed like it was crowded with people. So he decided to enter the place and see what everyone was doing. As he walks inside a couple of guys walk up to him and ask him for his coat and hat. Not needing it anymore...he goes ahead and gives it to the hosts at the door. He then asks where Don Cloud was, as he knew that guy had to be in attendance...and his faithful clutch. Clutch was Blackwods favorite, so many times Blackwod had tried talking Clutch to AA...AlcoholicsAnonymous! But this guy, always clutch...would some how get out of it. 

Blackwod wonders down the hallways before he spots Clutch and Cloud at the bar, he puts his hands around both of them. 

Lookey! Lookey!!! Both you guys are here getting hammered huh? Amazed!?!?! Blackwod laughs loudly. 

He looks at the bartender and asks for a couple of shots and drinks!

You guys have been drinking all night, its time y'all shared a drink with me. 

​Blackwod takes the shot glasses and hands them out!

Ok boys!!! Down it goes!!!! 

AND AGAIN!!!! 

They continue to down some more shots as they always do when they are together, only to be pulled back by a gentle voice!

Blackwood I'm here!!! Weren't you suppose to be waiting for me!?!?! 

Blackwod turns around and see Penny standing behind him.

Oh how are you beautiful?!?! Join us!!!

Blackwod takes another shot and continues the debauchry with the guy and Penny!!!

Report Post Tip

Hey guys sorry I'm a bit late but had to close down the carnival tonight lots of papers to go over and orders to set up for tomorrow but blah that enough about that. I seem to be quite a bit behind, who is pouring the shots.

Penny looks around the table, first at Clutch, then at Cloud and finally resting her eyes on LordBlackwod.

Well I'm waiting...  Penny says with a chuckle

Report Post Tip
Jimmy steps in the door and see almost his entire crew having a drink and laughing. He steps up to the bar and says hi to all the patrons.

Can I get a cup of coffee and a clean ashtray please?

Jimmy takes his cup of coffee and ashtray to the corner and takes a seat with his back to the wall where he can most of the lounge in front of him.
Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Halcyon Lounge
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL