Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:01:40
Page:  1 
Trust me, Im a doctor Started by: MrTrilacci on Nov 02, '07 13:24
As the crowd before him raised their eyebrows and started asking if he really WAS a doctor, he sighed. "Of course I'm bloody not, it's just the title I'm giving! Christ..." There was no point trying to explain further so when more questions came, he merely shrugged and contined where he was headed.

"It's the way our world works. Unsponsoreds are killed because quite simply, we as a community don't trust them, and also because they provide us with a way of satisfying our need to kill. Let's be honest here. Those new off the boats are advised to find a family as soon as possible so that this fate doesn't cross their path like many others' before them."

Trilacci began to walk slowly, speaking as he moved "Fantastic, in theory, but it does raise a few problems" He stopped and began walking back on himself "Because people are almost forced to find a place to stay, leaders are expected to provide places to stay - a problem within itself, but I'll explore that later on. When a new guy drops a leader a mail with some lovely deep words wrote upon it, how they'll serve the boss to the best of their ability, how they're never be disrespectful and whatnot, it sounds great. What I have noticed though, is that very few people actually request any kind of background or bloodline information."

"Now," He began, raising his forefinger as he did so to emphasise his point "this is where it becomes a question of morals; The mistakes of the father/mother should lie with them, so the arguement that this part of an application is relevent can be neglected by some. However, bloodline hunting does occur and some people are given targets by their parents upon their death to which they plan on following through when they're ready. In relation to recruitment, this would cause some to insist upon a background check so they know what they're dealing with."

"Here's the first of my questions, and it's not just relevent to the CL's, as others may have their time in that position in the future; Do you judge people who approach you based upon what they say or on who their parents were? How can you trust an unknown quantity or indeed, someone who comes from a bloodline of problematic mafioso? When they proclaim to have changed from what their parent taught them, can you find it within yourself to trust them?"

"Lastly, and something I'm interested to listen to responses upon, I mentioned earlier that 'leaders are expected to provide places to stay'. Based upon this, my question is whether the onus is on the Leaders to invite people to their family so that unsponsoreds are few and far between, or is the onus upon us, the community, to impress the Leaders to be worthy of an invite? There is an acute difference if you think carefully."
Report Post Tip
Looks up at the man who spontaneously began speaking, raises his eyebrow, and replies...

Let me address something you began speaking about, even though it isn't relevant to your main theme. We often forget the main reason these no-goods are killed before joining a family. That is, quite simply, it's business. Our Bosses control the patch that these new immigrants land on. They will then try to rob the stores that pay our protection rackets, sometimes draw attention to the neighborhood with their ill deeds, and never pay any tribute to the Boss controlling the turf. It's just not our way of doing things, so these guys need cement shoes.

When I was just a young kid, I listened to stories from my great-grandfather, who was a respected Boss in Philly. Ok, he was a Boss in Philly. Whatever. The point is, he would often employ the children of his enemies. It was no big deal to him. After all, the number of families who are iniitiated into La Cosa Nostra are relatively few. At one time or another, we do business with someone from each bloodline. It's just the way the world works. Therefore, ol' gramps never even asked about ancestry when employing the young folks. Usually the information was volunteered, but if it wasn't, it was no big deal. Some people wanted a fresh start in life, without relying on the reputations of those who came before them, and tha
Report Post Tip
I will keep this short and sweet as I have some business to attend to in New York. My Right Hand needs some help evading the wardens.

In regards to a bloodline request. I will never ask people for their bloodline history. I refuse to judge those I meet on who their father was. Every new generation has the chance to put past wrong doings behind them and start a new track upon their family line. Why should I judge anyone on who their father was? It usually ends up being about coffee shop experiences anyway.

Anyone who does judge me or anybody else by their fathers actions is a fool. Almost everyone in this world has a blotted bloodline. One of their descendants fucked up at some point. If we were judged on that would we ever progress? Everyone would go round in circles, killing each other for the past.

As for the idea of Crewleaders HAVING to provide a place to stay. No, we do not and never will do. We do provide shelter for those who will work for us and those we feel will be a credit to our name. What my members do is a direct reflection on me. If people mail me with a one line invite request what does it say about the person? Lazy, Expects things to be handed to them on a plate, living off their fathers name, none working, not respectful are just a few things that run through my mind. Not someone I would wish to be associated with myself certainly.

It is up to the person mailing me to show me they are a worthwhile member. I do not run a charity and my protection comes at a price. Show me you are a worthwhile investment and you will find a place in my family. Do otherwise and I leave you to find alternate shelter or death.
Report Post Tip
GAH!

maxwell gets up after being hit on the head with a rock

WHERE THE FUCK DID THAT COME FROM!?!?! GET OUT OF HERE YOU DAMN KIDS!

As I was saying, that's a noble aspiration.

But how do you trust these people? I would go with my gut feeling. If you work with them long enough for them to become strong enough to hurt you, sometime before that point, you will figure out their true colors. More times than not, even if they started out with an intent to do harm, the long working relationship will change their mind.

Your final comment is very simple...

Leaders have NO OBLIGATION to provide a place to stay, a job, or jack shit to any street vagrant. They do so either out of necessity, or out of goodwill.

And OF COURSE the onus is on the immigrants to impress the leaders for an invitation. It pisses me off that this is even a debatable issue these days. A mafia Boss doesn't stand out on the sidewalk passing out keys to his headquarters to any old scoundrel that walks by. Being given the privilege of being an associate is something that must be earned through communication and the building of mutual interests, which will eventually lead to a trust-based working relationship.
Report Post Tip
Trilacci smiled "Can I start by mentioning how fantastic it is to find the first two repliers have both mentioned admirable traits in deciding bloodlines are irrelevent. In response to you two, I would like to ask how you address the trust factor? Surely there must be some an element of unease when taking new people in, will they really do what they say they will? Are they really going to defend you with their life or look for the first oportunity to backstab? Is it comparable to a gamble, yet one with the odds stacked heavily upon the overall benefit being with them aiding the family?"

"Additionally, you both mentioned that CL's have no obligation to offer a home to one and all. That's most comforting to hear, but do you ever feel that there's a certain degree of pressure regarding this stance?"

He turned to maxwell "You mentioned about gut feelings...past enemies of your bloodlines though, how hard is it to break the pattern, per say, and entrust them with a place within your family? Is it something which just develops over time, or perhaps something which is best to just dive straight in with and show them the faith which may knock them into thinking the same way?"
Report Post Tip
There is little element of unease when taking them in. At that time, the Boss is not hardly vulnerable to some barely-Gangster. This ties in with your other question.

As time goes on, they get more powerful. It takes time for this person to become an actual threat to the Boss, and during that concurrent period of time, trust can be built and loyalty gained.

If that doesn't happen, and the ill gut feeling sets in, the Boss can arrange for a little trip to the shipping docks.
Report Post Tip
Standing on the street Jordan listens to a few people talk then notices a kid throwing rocks. She grabs him by the collar.

You should be in school, not out here on the streets.

The kid runs away and Jordan turns to face the small gathering of people.

My bloodline has worked with the bloodlines of former enemies. I was kind of surprised when someone told me about it because their respective families in the past hated each other, but from what I heard their descendants went on to work well together. There was a high level of trust between them, but also loyalty. They were loyal to each other and their family instead of holding onto old grudges and being loyal to their bloodline's families and friends outside our business.

People shouldn't be judged by the actions of their parents, but as long as they are judged for their bloodline's good reputation they will also be judged for their bloodline's bad reputation. I can work with anyone, even those that killed my ancestors, but I would have a problem not judging people that are from bloodlines that have repeatedly acted on old grudges.

I agree with what maxwell said, leaders shouldn't feel obligated to invite just anyone, but if they do I hope along with their obligation they also feel responsible for teaching their new members to be honorable and respectful mafiosi. The well being of young criminals doesn't just depend on them being sponsored.
Report Post Tip
Departing from his local Beer House, looking abit worse for weres after sleeping rough on one of the stalls, ginsters heres the debates of sorts taking place and wonders over for a better listen. As he listens to people talking about taking in their ancestors enemies and how they have become friends, his eyes suddenly sparkle. This is a topic he has wanted to say a few words on for some time now and can't beleive his luck when he heres these fine gentlemen and ladies talking about it. ginsters waits for his time to speak before beginning.

"Ahh, whilst the one of main topics in question is about ancestors and grudges, i have decided to go off down a little relevant tangent of my own and give my opinions on thoes who rely on their ancestors achievements,so to speak.

I remember a while back now, my great great, grandfather came out here in the streets a mere peasant. Not a penny to his name just a large gob on him, he decided to give his own personal opinions on the current leaders in power. I specfically remember him calling a particular RHM a muppet. This caused an uproar amongst the community and many people came to the defence of this RHM claiming he had done great things and was generally awesome. Now my great, great grandfather had actually based his opions on what he saw in the streets. Unfortunatley he couldn't express his views furter as he came to a rather sticky end down a back alley.

Now whilst everyone had been giving raving reviews about this RHM, my great great grandfather had seen none of this, no amazing speaks, leadership skills or charisma. I felt this was a time where everyone was going off this RHM's ancestors rather than the man in question and what they had done in the past. Sorry to single out this one RHM, but these type of people in general i feel are the ones who ride in the coat-tails of previous ancestors and live an easy life on what their ancestors have done.

Rather than show, the new immigrants the skills they posses, they decide they have done it once and thats enough and now they are just going to live an easy life."

The man looks at his watch.

Alas, i must depart here, for i have to work to do, i hope some of my mumblings are remotley legible and not just a mess of thoughts.

The man, proceeds to slink back through the crowd and try and grab a taxi drivers attention.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Trust me, Im a doctor
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL