Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 05:51:40
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The DSi Started by: JennaBambino on May 12, '09 01:47
What are your thoughts on the DSi?

I'm about to trade my original DS in for it. Anyone want to talk me out of it?

Anyone want to encourage me? Please.
Report Post Tip
i think its pretty cool it has a camera. but if i bought it id never use thecamera.
Report Post Tip
I could buy the DSi, or the PSP. So, am I on the right track on getting the DSi?
Report Post Tip
Personally id rath have the DSi than the PSP. So yea your on the right track to get the DSi. In my opinion at least.
Report Post Tip
I will talk you out of it potentially.

The problem with the DSi is that it removes something I like Nintendo for - backwards compatibility. No more older games like GBA on the new system. The portion of games for it that need the camera will not be that large.

The only good thing is you can play around with pics on the go and it has a small select amount of games that will be exclusive to that version. Although none of them are out yet.

Without the GBA bit I feel like it is half a system. For more money.
Report Post Tip
I will talk you out of it potentially.

The problem with the DSi is that it removes something I like Nintendo for - backwards compatibility. No more older games like GBA on the new system. The portion of games for it that need the camera will not be that large.

The only good thing is you can play around with pics on the go and it has a small select amount of games that will be exclusive to that version. Although none of them are out yet.

Without the GBA bit I feel like it is half a system. For more money.
Report Post Tip
Hmm. But that badass screen, and the feel of it is enough for me to love the DSi, you know, while playing Ace Attorney games. ;)
Report Post Tip
Lol Jenna.
Report Post Tip
Not saying DS is bad, DSi though is inferior in my opinion to the DS Lite.

I also have a PSP, and it is jolly good fun in lots of ways. Has lots of other multimedia components. But the games are not as "For everybody" as the DS games are. Lots of specific tastes there. Luckily for me they have plenty of games I enjoy. :P
Report Post Tip
Lol. PSP can do alot more. Thats for sure. But not my taste in games.
Report Post Tip
Oh yeah, I practically have a Psp as well because my step brother owns one and I can use it 24/7, and the DSi seems to be the answer to what the DS original lacks, for me.
Report Post Tip
Yea. Depends on what games you like and stuff. Like me im a DS type a guy.
Report Post Tip
Oh yes, Touch screen, Microphone, and everything! It's just plain fun, and the DSi just added functionality to the fun. ;)
Report Post Tip
Haha I agree %100 with you on that. I mean its somthin different than just hittin buttons haha
Report Post Tip
Plus! The DSi has buttons as well, thus, a lot of input for the game. equals, a lot of variety!
Report Post Tip
If you have a fat DS I would still recommend the DS Lite. Costs less and has a wider library of games.
Report Post Tip
Okay, too late guys. I already got one. And I am loving it.
Report Post Tip
Sweet. I knew you would come to your sences =P
Report Post Tip
Oh yeah, I did. It's awesome!
Report Post Tip
Lol. You use the camera at all? Have you screwed with the pics?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: The DSi
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL