Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:54
Page:  1 
Oath For Sale Started by: RichardRizzo on May 12, '09 11:59
"Joe was a decent guy, an almost model mafioso. I say almost because there was once thing that Joe did wrong his entire career in Cosa Nostra. When his Family got into some tough shit, cops, rats, friends gettin' whacked, Joe switched Families. The oath he took once be became Made meant nothing. One rule in Cosa Nosta is, you stay loyal, you never leave. Unless it's in a body bag with chains wrapped around it. Guys had been killed for less, a simple card game once ended up with myself and a few good friends diggin' a whole in the desert. Needless to say it got filled quickly."

Richard adjusted his collar, as the couple of guys in the prison yard kept silent, watching him as he talked. They had heard his reputation, and all wanted to be the big bad guy in The Mafia. They didn't know that the life isn't for the weak, you gotta know when to keep a straight face, even when things get sketchy.

"Yeah, that's one thing you learn quick. These rules are set in place for a reason, one person breaks a rule, and this whole damn thing of ours cracks and crumbles. Joe was a great earner, built up a bootlegging operation to a hundred thousand a month, a hundred thousand. But the minute it looked like Joe couldn't move up, that he was getting passed over, he wanted out. He wanted out of the Family that looked at him as a brother. That's why he's gone."

Some of the guys shook their head in agreement. What the hell was this guy thinking? He had the chance of a life time. Not only did he get the opportunity to be Made, but he was in with one of the most notorious crime families in the city. Now he was God knows where, surrounded by God knows what. What if you were in a situation that called for your loyalty? Would you stick with your Family, regardless of what happens? Or would you jump ship, trash the oath you made to your Don and start it up again?

The siren went off, it was time to head back to the cell block. To serve time for a crime that had to be done. For his Famiglia, for his Don.
Report Post Tip
Prophet listens in on Signore Rizzo's presentation. Once it ended, Prophet stood up to have his say.

"You speak the truth, sir. There are many people that will jump ship for their own sake. It's a question every Wise Guy must ask himself. 'Would I die for my family?'"

"The answer is yes. Joe made his mistake, and you see his end. It's not only dishonoring to leave, even in their boss's death, but it's not even beneficial. This 'Joe' met his end much sooner than he should have, because he thought himself before his family. Let his death be a message to others in similar situations."

Prophet stands still for a few silent moments, allowing his words to take hold in his audience's mind. He nods, then takes his seat.
Report Post Tip
I belive that when it comes to family you are stuck. you can pick your friends but not your family... me and a brother who i dont get on with too well but at the end of the day we are family and all the shit that comes with it you work threw because you are family, so you get in a sticky situation who helps to get you out of it, your family, in the time of war who protects you... think about it

IF your leader dies then you have two choices, die alone fighting for your families name, or do you go to another auth from the same city?
having said his peace Chemical walks away
Report Post Tip
I certainly agree with you, Richard, about loyalty until death. I can't imagine that there'd be anyone in our line of work who thinks otherwise. If my father taught me anything it's that the selfish- the people who get into the business and only think about themselves... they don't last too long. At the very least, they don't get to sniff any real power.

I'm very glad to see this, as well. It's an excellent reminder for the people just entering this thing of ours, myself included. Well done, sir.
Report Post Tip
I think an important part of this message has been overlooked. I'd like to know why another family is so ready to take in someone that clearly has no valuable qualities. If that piece of shit was so willing to hop from one family to the next, what's to stop him from doin' it again? Also, why would a family put so much faith into a guy from another city that they'd welcome him into their ranks, give him a gun, and expect him not to make trouble?

Leaders would be just as much to blame for this problem as Joe here. Instead of greedily takin' in a new member to expand their ranks, gain another hitter, or what have you, they should be enforcing the values that they're so serious about.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Oath For Sale
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL