Get Timers Now!
X

May 13 - 21:17:33
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Bodyguards. Started by: Rufus on May 12, '09 14:23
I think there should be a change in the system to stop all these people with a crazy amount of bodyguards, my idea to implement is that there should be a limit put in place of bodyguards allowed per rank.

EG: Thug 1, Gangster 3, Goomba 5, Earner 7, Wiseguy 10, Mademan 15 and so on. (statement is purely an estimate and is of course open for editing to an admin/user agreement)

This way you can still have your friends buy you all the bodyguards they want but they would now co-inside with the ranks of the games and you would have to earn them by ranking. Bodyguards used to be a hard thing to obtain but it seems quite hard to find accounts that don't have them within the active users.

Regards

Rufus
Report Post Tip
I tend to agree with this.

Personally, I can't see any role play justification for anyone under made man having any bg's. So I'd prefer to see it go to 0 up to wise guy, and then go up in chunks of 5 or 10 for each rank from there up.
Report Post Tip
I think there should be a limit as you say Rufus. I believe it was 28 before, maybe 35 was the set max.

Any ways, it shouldn't take half the site to kill one man due to having over 100 Bodyguards. Or even 50. Realistically speaking, I can't see someone walking around with 50 Bodyguards traveling with them at all times.

The US President only has so many Bodyguards, nowhere near 100 plus.
Report Post Tip
Yeah there should be a limit to how much bodyguards you have, in real life you would'nt see someone with 30+ bodyguards with them constantly. And for the people who work so hard to get theirs, they end up seeing a thug going around with like 5. A while back I gave my friend $1,000,000 to hang on to for me untill I got into a family (the family I was just it lost it's Don) and I waited a 2 days to get into the family but when I did, I asked for the money back and he already had enough money to buy himself a bodyguard if he really wanted to but instead he used my money to buy himself his own bodyguard, then I asked him for the money back and he kept saying "sure" every time I sent it to him untill finally he went inactive. Note he was only a thug... with 3+ bodyguards.
Report Post Tip
You should just have to wait until made man to be able to buy them, and there should be a way to make it so you cant buy them with money transferred to you from someone else.. not sure how that could work though..
Report Post Tip
I like it.
Report Post Tip
Can you please further expand on the best way to balance the offense/defense/financial/work-versus-reward aspect of this?
Report Post Tip
Well as for the attack side of this I thought that it was already set so it goes up with rank, as far as I am aware bodyguards dont help your attack so I don't think this would affect the way wack works.

The defence side would of course vairy on your starting answers and the bodyguards add onto that with what ever amount of defence increase they give, plus the new limits set accordingly allowing you to add only upto the amount of defence from your bodyguards upto the limit and not to the as many as you want limit currently available.

EG:

Person one starting answers give them 30% defence on there own and they are now gangtser, the new limit says you can have 3 bodyguards at gangtser with each bodyguard giving you a 2% defence boost thus allowing person one to up there defence to 36% at that rank. Person one then ranks to Goomba which the limit would allow you to have upto 5 bodyguards allowing Person one now allowed to buy 2 more bodyguards taking there defence to 40%.

The above is of course estimates since I am not aware fully of the defence boost of each bodyguard.

Person two starting answers give them 10% defence on there own and at gangtser they can add 3 bodyguards to that giving them 16% defence and so on with acordance with Person one but of course it would take person two more bodyguards to get more defence as I am asuming it works at the moment with people who choose diferent starting answers.

Both of the above would of course be amended by the game coders who know all the knowledge of how the system works.

The financial side of this would not be changed much to what it is now since bodyguards cost more per each rank already which my personal view on it is that its fine and fair already. It would cost the user more per each bodyguard as they rank with defence points keeping to the same system already implemented.

The work for reward system would be simply that you would have to do whats needed to rank to reach the next available rank for you to be able to buy your newly available amount of bodyguards and of course the ranks where you need to be promoted buy your crewleader you would need to impress the family leader enough to get your promotion so it would not be all about having the money bodyguards would return to being a privilige that is earned rather than just brought.

Of course there is things to be tweeked since I do not pretend to know everything about the game but I thing the general basis of the idea would improve the value of bodyguards and how they are obtained.
Report Post Tip
I would also like to add that I think bodyguards should not be available at all below gangtser since you can not be killed so there is no need to have them at that point. It would also decrease the amount of old money being sent around since the initial buying of bodyguards at gangtser would stay the same price, costing twice as much as it does at the moment to buy them at thug.

As Deimne stated earlyer I also feel like from a roll play point of view you can't justify Thugs in my opinion walking around with an unlimited amount of bodyguards it simply does not work since a Thug is someone at the bottom of a family essentialy a run around guy and in the mafia they would not be given this type of protection. In a real life sence if you are a thug in the mafia you are the bottom of the pack no matter who your friends are a thug should have the equal abilitys to any other thug.
Report Post Tip
I like this idea rufus....it would make the game more realistic and fair......i personally think a gangsters should only be able to have 1bg goomba 2bgs earner 4bgs and so on cause realistically you dont find a shitty gangster in our world with over 10 bgs so we shouldnt see this happening here.....i also think maybe increase the defence bonus a bg would have on someone and also make them more expensive cause yes at the moment the pricing is pretty far it should still be more for if you are a gangster but have an extremely rich boss then ok he can get you a bg easy so we should make it harder for the boss to hand over that much money buy increasing how much a bg would cost
Report Post Tip
I like this idea very much, we definetely need to control the amount of BG's available.
Report Post Tip
One thing this does not account for is that those who work for their massive amounts of bodyguards would be severely hindered by this all in the name of fairness.

If I am busting my balls to make the money for bodyguards, I should be able to have however many I can afford.
Report Post Tip
Apollo the limit would be aranged to an admin standard of fairness there is not a limit im saying it has to be. Working hard to buy bodyguards is fine but it should reflect you rank also. There are limits set in place by the admins so people can not make the rank of Don in 5 days regardless of if they play for 24 hours a day so what reason is there for bodyguards not to work in the same method. I think you forget that staying alive in the mafia is a thing which is a an achievement which is not handed out lightly neither should bodyguards be, they are a privilage that should be earned in more ways than just how much money you can raise in a period of time.
Report Post Tip
Apollo, I see no reason to limit bodyguards once you have attained a rank such as yours. I think Rufus is trying to put a cap on how many your friends buy you when your thug.

Effort/Reward = You get to crewleader and are a Don. You earn your own money and your family contribute. This is all effort your putting in and so you should be able to spend as much as you want on your bodyguards.

A thug starts out. He's been away for a while and pops on IRC to see his friends...next thing you know theres an obscenely well protected thug in some family whos sent 0 messages and 0 posts and 0 effort. This is the problem that needs capping.

Gangster - 4 BGs

Goomba - 6BGs

Earner - 8BGs

Wise Guy - 10BGs

Made Man - 15BGs

Capo - 20

Boss - 25

Consig - 35

Don - 60

Godfather - unlimited.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Bodyguards.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL