Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 03:54:26
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Marriage Started by: Virus on May 14, '09 17:18
I see all of these threads about people getting married, and don't get me wrong, I love attending these marriages, but maybe there should be a feature of Marriage?

The two users can split the cost of the Marriage (ranging from $250,000-$1,000,000), then after they are Married, they can start a thread for the RP feel.

Also, adding this, there should be another field in the profile saying Spouse: and then if the person is married, it could have the persons name, or it can say Single.

I know it may sound like a waste of time, but I think people would enjoy it, so they will have something else besides Married to **** in there profile.

Honestly, I can actually help code this in, if need be, and if the suggestion is taken.

What do you all think?
Report Post Tip
I actually think it's a bloody brilliant idea mate. People get married in the streets all too often, but actually having some significant meaning behind it seems pretty realistic.
Report Post Tip
I love it. Are you married Virus?lol
Report Post Tip
I don't know about this, it will bring up the question of same-sex marriages.

*sigh* If only
Report Post Tip
This has often been coded in other games... with very little benefit to gameplay tbh.

Things like joint bank accounts can be used, but, what more does that really add.

Some have even gone as far as using 'children' as a means of passing on money/stats, but again, I was never a big fan of the idea personally.
Report Post Tip
there wouldn't be a problem with same sex marriage.

You could marry whoever.
Report Post Tip
There was no same-sex marriage in the 20's and 30's
Report Post Tip
Seeing as there is know way for the game itself to tell the gender of a character that would be a problem as well and you would have to code that in to, and after all that work, I think it would still be kinda useless. Seems like a lot of work for something that I don't feel would really benefit the game, tbh :)
Report Post Tip
No. Just... NO.

If you want to be married to someone, fine, role play it... It is a role playing game after all.

If you want to share your assets with your "spouse".. Do so. A function does not need to be coded.

It has been proven before that a marriage can be role played very effectively without functions coded into the game.

Would your proposed function include the realistic fact that two people from different cities and different crime families could NOT be married? Or would even die for cavorting around with the "enemy"?

This is a mafia game, not a "Second Life" type of game.
Report Post Tip
I use this game to try and hit on Gravol.
Report Post Tip
Grovel what do you think the mafia is it's a second life people living (and dying).

Married and bored or single and lonely

damn i choose single lol and rourkey is there anyone you haven't tryed to hit on ?
Report Post Tip
Yeah, me. And, it's Gravol. But, marriage makes it so much like other RPGs I've seen. Next, you will be adding in the 'Bravery Point' system.
Report Post Tip
My name is Gravol, not "Grovel".

Thank you very much.

Also, you can sign up for a crapload of Mafia games or other RPGs that have marriage already coded in... It does nothing for the game. It is not role play. It's a fucking line in your profile that says you are breaking role and married to someone from another city or family or crew (in most cases) thus breaking the unwritten rules that you don't cavort with other families or crews as they are "enemies" or "competitors".

Really, what use would this bring the game?

How would it benefit the game?

What are the pros?

What are the cons?

How does it fit in and encourage role play?
Report Post Tip
Oh, and one other question...

How can you justify this as role play when it's the click of a few buttons rather than ROLE PLAYING your marriage in the forums?
Report Post Tip
Marriage? You want Marriage coded?

Deano excuses himself to laugh his balls off

Ok now!

Like Gravol had mentioned, this is something to be roleplayed. I can see no benefit to it at all. Do not get me wrong here but there are some lines crossed a bit with "our duly respected female mobsters" ummm there weren't any in the 30's. You didn't hear much from Alice Capone, Lucy Luciano or Bunny Seigel. As a matter of fact the women in the 30's didn't have it that great. Barefoot and pregnant was the norm,and any woman married to a mafia man had very little knowledge of his business, and if she did , she kept her mouth shut. So can we not just have Male and female mobsters, and drop the glorified marriage issue? Personally I been married twice, having the option to do it online scares the fuck out of me to be honest.

How exactly would you know who you were marrying? It is bad enough that we have the odd case of a hot steamy affair from a #coffeeshop be publicized to a few of us. Where in fact it was two guys, one an imposter out for laughs and one a victim, who now cuts themselves in the shower. Do we really want this?

Deano laughs to himself picturing an unknowing Sprozzie getting hitched to a cross dressing Schwarz
Report Post Tip
I call Rourkey if they code this.
Report Post Tip
lol, nobody wants it coded.
Report Post Tip
What about if an user wants to get a divorce?
Report Post Tip
That would be easy Ricky.

Success! Dat bitch is doing her own dishes!
Report Post Tip
I think you mean 'a user' there.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Marriage
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL