Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:00
Page:  1 
My Life. Part 1. Started by: Vehellione on May 19, '09 16:27
I was born into this country. I didn't emigrate, there was no arriving at the shore. All i know about my parents is what I've been told. My father was born in Palermo, the capitalof Sicily, he emigrated here when he was just a young man. My mother was born and raised in america, born in Chicago and lived there her whole life.

Now i don't know the specifics on how they met, but i do know how they parted. My mother and father had been together for about a year, my father owned his own shop, and my mother worked for him. My fathers shop had been attacked, and robbed too many times. And this was all made that little bit harder by the fact that my mother was pregnant with me.

Only one month after my birth, the shop was attacked by armed thugs. My mother was shot, and died in my father's arms. After that day he vowed to exact revenge upon those thugs, and joined a criminal family. It didn't take my father long to track down the thugs, they were fat and stupid, and were bragging to everyone of how they got away with killing someone in broad daylight. My father killed them all, and made sure that every single one of them felt the pain that he felt the day my mother died. My father however, was not as lucky as the stupid thugs, and he was caught by the police. I never knew what happened to my father after that, I have been told that he died, and no body was ever found. But I'll always keep my hopes up.

Anyway, enough of my parents. After my father was arrested, I was left orphaned in the city of Chicago. I moved from family to family, always being too much trouble for any family to handle. Until one day I was moved to New York, which i now call my home city.

It was about two weeks after being with this new family in New York. Lazy shits, the lot of them. The man was the manager of an up and coming restaurant, which had been in the news a lot recently, though i swear he ate more of the fucking food than he actually cooked. The woman stayed at home all day, cheating on her husband with any man she caught the scent of. I can't remember their names, i knew them for too short a time.

I was getting sick of them, hearing their greedy selves talkng about money all the time, and about how rich they would be soon. I decided I'd had enough of them and told the man how much of a whore his wife was, only this didn't work out too well as the man decided he would take out his anger on me. He pulled a baseball bat on me and beat and kicked the living shit out of me, and kicked me out of his house. I caught a glimpse of the newspapers a few days later, he'd been arrested for killing his wife.

After a few weeks of living on the streets, mugging old ladies of their purses, and knocking over 7-11's, I was approached by a complete stranger. He told me that if I wanted to keep my life, I would have to start paying the boss of New York some of the money i'd been earning. I told the man to go fuck himself. He came back the next day, and I told him the same thing again. On the third day he brought two thugs with him, I fought back but it was useless, they left me bloody and bruised down a dark alley. A week later the man approached me again, this time he had a gun. I knew he was serious, and he wouldn't think twice about shooting me down in cold blood, so I gave in and told him I'd go see his boss.

To my surprise, the person I met was a woman. Her name was Katie Murdock and she seemed pleased to meet me, said she wanted to talk to me. I soon found out she wasn't the top boss, I had been told his name was Premier, and that was all i knew about him. She told me that what I had been doing in the city hadn't gone unnoticed, and that if I joined their company, I had a very bright future ahead of me. She told me if I did well enough, I could do what I wanted, when I wanted... How could I resist?
Report Post Tip
Listening to Vehellione recount his tale, i'm reminded that all we come into this life under different circumstances. Perhpas with quite different objectives. I drop a cigarette and turn to pursue my own bright future.
Report Post Tip
Walks away after listening to Vehelliones story with a noticable slant to his already lumbering gait
Report Post Tip
I quite enjoyed that narrative

Melody nods then stares at Vehellione and notices how he looks very familiar, she smiles and carries on walking towards the next post office
Report Post Tip
Part two of my story won't be too far away.

Vehellione smiles at the strange woman, who looked like she knew him for a brief second, and turns his attention to the sudden numerous weak old ladies, with bulging purses
Report Post Tip
Interesting story my friend. I'm anticipating that part two of yours.

Sly puffs on his almost used up cigar.

I just have one thing to ask...will you be including the "incident" the other night for the next part?

Sly gives a wide grin, before discarding his used cigar and grabbing a new one from his breast pocket.
Report Post Tip
V chuckles to himself

I'm afraid, mister Hargrave, that i cannot disclose that information at this time. You will have to read part two to find out.
Report Post Tip
tibeius smiles when listening to the man recount his story... all of us had a tale of our own... many simular to his

tibeius inhaled a cloud of smokes and dropped a quarter in the mans hat for a decent tale as he walked away
Report Post Tip
Nicely said. Makes me think about how Premier got me into the family.
Report Post Tip
Vehellione has proved to be a very responsible, and loyal member.

We are glad we found him when we did. The Spanish Inquisition welcomes everyone, and was espically proud to welcome his family line.
Report Post Tip
Frank listens intently to the tale of a man's journey. Then He listens to what Don Premier says. Frank feels motivated to step up. Frank moves from where he stood and walks away thinking what he can do after being inspired by another member in his family
Report Post Tip
Thank you Premier, I am also glad you found me when you did, as your family has proved itself to be one worth working for.

V is looking forward to seeing what Frank_Blazini can do
Report Post Tip
The words spilling from Vehellione neither shocked nor surprised him, but the story was immensely enjoyable. This thing of ours is full of tales of tragedy and triumph. Hearing of his friend's "une saison l'Enfer" and subsequent rise gave him new-found respect for Vehellione. When one is able to transcend the numerous pitfalls and traps in life and make something of themselves it speaks volumes of their character. We all have the opportunity to achieve greatness but so many get lost along the way. Vic smiled to himself, his newspaper and coffee all but forgotten now. Lost in his own thoughts he sent up a silent prayer for all the soldiers out busting their hump on these streets. Perhaps fortune would smile on a few more brothers and sisters in this thing of ours, men and women of honour and integrity who could eschew the temptations that have brought so many down and embrace instead the ways of our ancestors. Life is what you make of it after all. Crossing himself he rose to his feet and drained the last of the coffee, grown tepid now.

"The path is never easy, is it. America truly is the land of opportunity."

Folding his paper neatly, Vic tosses it in the bin. Something tells him nothing in today's edition of the fishwrap will be as interesting as part two of the story he just heard.
Report Post Tip
Wow, Vehellione it sure does sound likfe you've led quite a tough life. In a way you can chalk it up to toughening your skin for this life we all lead now.

It was quite a joy to hear how you grew up and all that you had to go through before Ms. Murdock found you in that alley. It looks like you've found yourself a nice home and are making your way around quite easily now.

Nice work.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My Life. Part 1.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL