Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 23:47:01
Page:  1 
The Phoenix Rising: Officer McGreedy Started by: ScreamingButterfly on Feb 18, '15 03:44

It was about time. Scream was looking forward to a night out. Getting the family up and running had kept Latin busy lately but he needed some time away too. The boys were down at the docks making the latest pick up, everything was in place and the night was all set for some relaxation. The pair left the headquarters of The South Philly Phoenix and walked down the street to LUX. Always the gentleman, Latin held the door open as Scream walked into the club. Her eyes darted around the room for a table away from the crowds that had already started to form for the night.

Immediately she saw Officer Samuel McDavis, instead of the usual nod hello is gaze quickly turned from her. Scream found this very disturbing and decided to take up a seat near his table. Latin ordered a scotch and she ordered a glass of white wine. As she sat down and began sipping her drink, her attention went back to Samuel. He seemed to be sweating right through his shirt. He would not look her way and she became increasingly suspicious of his actions. Scream noticed Tony Capazzo and waved him over. She whispered in his ear that she needed him to sit with Latin; there was something she needed to take care of.

Almost as if she had predicted it, Samuel finished his drink, grabbed his coat and started towards the front door. Scream followed behind and watched as he got into his car. Her own car and driver was always waiting out front, she climbed in and told the man behind the wheel to follow Samuel’s car. As they weaved through the streets of Philadelphia, Screams head began to understand what her gut already knew, something was very wrong. They were heading to the docks, the place her boys were supposed to be picking up the alcohol shipment.

As Samuel’s car pulled up she then saw it, her boys were lying on the ground and someone else was taking their shipment, Latin’s shipment. She walked up behind Samuel’s car, out of view of the men at the docks. Samuel looked as though he might faint when he saw her. “Scream. I umm..I didn’t expect to see you here.” Scream rolled her eyes and asked “what exactly is going on here?” Samuel grabbed for his car door and she stepped in the way. “Well those guys, they, they promised me more than you pay. I, I, I I’m sorry”. Scream stood nose to nose with Samuel and said “I hope the money is worth it officer.”

She quickly made her way back to her car and told him to get her home immediately. Upon arriving she went straight to the phone and called LUX, asking to speak to Tony.

Report Post Tip

Tony Capazzo stood there on the telephone as he listened to ScreamingButterfly on the other end. He listened and wrote some notes down on a piece of paper.

"Right...Right.......okay. Don't worry, it will be handled. We'll get everyone into place and take care of it."

Tony hung up the phone and contemplated the events that had taken place. Not only did some assholes decide to steal booze that belonged to the South Philly Phoenix but they killed some associates in the process. Tony knew the thing you never did was fuck with the Phoenix, you never fucked with their business and most of all you never ever EVER fucked with Don Latin.

Tony looked over at one of his associates that was with him, Nicky. Nicky was just a lowly associate but Tony got to know him and hired him to be his personal bodyguard of sorts. Tony liked the freedom of not having to use a bodyguard but when things got to be a little hectic and he needed the extra muscle, he'd call in Nicky.  

"Nicky, here's the story..."

Tony sighed as he continued.

"So those cops that were supposedly in our pockets...flipped. Apparently they're working with another small crew on the other side of town. I don't know who exactly, but it's probably some young punks. The cops tipped them off and basically orchestrated the takeover of our shipment."

Tony could see what looked like anger and rage overcoming Nicky. Tony remained calm, cool and collected and smiled as usual. Tony was always calm and calculated while Nicky was more of the aggressor. Tony smiled and held up a piece of paper.

"THIS my friend is where we can find the officer."

Tony then pointed at his gold Auburn Speedster parked on the side of the road and then at the piece of paper.

"What do you say we get in THAT and go HERE. Let's pay this backstabber a little visit and show him the errors of his ways. Maybe get him to change his mind?"

As Tony said that he chuckled a bit.  

"Hey after all, we're mafioso....we have that effect on people."

Tony smiled and winked as he puffed away on his cigar and the two men entered the car and drove away.

Several minutes later they pulled up to the house of the officer. The house was definitely fancier looking then what a normal officer's salary could afford. It was obvious this guy was dirty, his enormous house with the pool in the backyard was proof of this. Tony talked to Nicky and briefed him on how he wanted this to go. He instructed Nicky under no circumstance whatsoever was he to kill the officer.

"I could really give two fucks about this cocksucker cop, but yanno we need to know where our shipment is, you got it Nick?"

"Got it boss."

Tony nodded and the two men got out of the gold Auburn Speedster. Tony looked around a bit and noticed there was someone in the backyard. After a moment or two he realized it was the officer himself just laying in his pool relaxing. Tony and Nicky walked to the back. The officer was on a raft laying with his eyes closed. Tony smiled and cleared his throat loudly.

"Ahemmmmm. Good afternoon."

The officer opened his eyes and immediately turned red when he noticed Tony was there. He knew Tony took business extremely serious and he knew how Tony felt about anyone fucking around with South Philly. Tony removed his lime green ribboned fedora and laid it on a table while taking a seat. He lit up a cigar and in his usual calm self smiled, meanwhile the officer panicked, he tried to get up and realized he himself was unarmed and not protected from Tony or Nicky.

"Please officer, don't get up on my account."

Tony took another puff of his cigar and laid back in his seat very casuallike.

"You know...When you have a business deal its usually a wise thing to carry out on your word."

Tony smiled and awaited an answer. As the officer opened up his mouth Tony raised up his hand and stopped him dead in his tracks and shut him up.

"Ahhh ahhh ah...I think you are well aware of who I am, who I represent and who I work for."

Tony very slowly and methodically took another puff of his cigar, taking things slowly and putting the officer through the agonizing ordeal.

"You made the wrong choice, I think you realize this now. But you know what, everyone....everyone deserves a second chance...."

Tony stood up off his seat and pointed to the officer who was still in the pool trying his hardest not to piss himself.

"Even you OFFICER. I am going to ask you one question, very simple. I need a answer and I need it to be clear, concise and to the point. I don't want to hear anything extra, I don't care about your opinions, I don't care about your explanations, I don't care about your excuses, I don't care about your commentary. I just need a location. Tell me...WHERE is my booze?"

Tony took a step forward and looked dead into the eyes of the officer.

"Tony, please listen let me expl-"

Before the officer could finish Tony stopped him once again by raising his hand up.

"Apparently you don't understand the seriousness of this matter. I want to thank you for your time. I appreciate it. But before I go I would like to give you something."

The officer began to flutter in the water panicking and trying to swim in the opposite direction after falling off his raft. Tony reached into his pocket and pulled out....

A cigar. Tony smiled and put it down on the table while putting back on his fedora and said one last thing to the officer.

"It's the finest ones in town. Goodday."

Tony then walked away with Nicky following behind him. Nicky stared down the officer and then followed his boss. The officer yelled, pleaded and begged Tony to wait but Tony ignored and rejected each request as they walked away. Nicky didn't understand what just took place. They came to the house not knowing where the shipment was and left knowing nothing more then before. Nicky knew his place and never got out of line but he was too confused to just ignore this.

"Boss, why didn't we kill the bastard!?"

Tony, in Tony like fashion, smiled and patted Nicky on the back.

"I gave him a chance, I came into his home like a gentleman, I greeted him. I offered him a gift. I asked him for information and gave him instructions on how to comply. He chose not too, my work is simply done. I will not go back and forth with him."

As they entered the car Nicky was still confused as to how they would move forward from this.

"But what now boss?"

Tony looked at Nicky with a gigantic grin on his face.

"Scarfo."

Tony then sped away in the gold Auburn Speedster, the only thing that could be heard above the car was the words of Nicky.

"Ohhhhhhh shit....."

Report Post Tip

"Not an issue. Alright, let me write that down, hold on."

Scarfo poked his arm out of the phone booth and snapped his fingers together twice, trying to get Sandra's attention. She was on her way to the gaming area with a drink tray from the bar, balancing two Sidecar cocktails as she strut. She was one of the more attractive looking girls working the place; her revealing clothing confirmed it. After noticing, she made a change of direction to attend the owners request.

After taking the pen and pad from Sandra, Scarfo gave her wink, then scribbled down some details whilst still holding the earpiece to his left ear and speaking into the mouthpiece. The pad lay on a little shelf within the booth itself, the pen in his right hand.

"Alright. Yep. Got it. Anything else? Slow, or quick. Leave it with me."

Sandra waited till the boss had finished his phone call and had stepped out from the public booth in the left corner of the speakeasy and gambling den, then asked him if he still needed her. Scarfo responded with a cocked eyebrow and a shake of the head. She was a little short in the up stairs department at times, yet her other qualities kept a good portion of the male customers more than happy.

"Continue what you're doin' then tell Antonio I've gone to take care of somethin'. Don't expect me back for a little while."

Red Velvet was active. There was a good number of people coming and going. Drinking, socializing and laying down some bets. The roulette wheel was getting plenty of love and the blackjack table had some customers take home some good winnings. As he took a grip of his overcoat from the coat rack next to the phone booth, Scarfo thought to speak with Roderick who was working the Blackjack table when he returned.

Scarfo pulled the coat snug and jerked at his suit jacket sleeves to make sure they were nice and comfortable beneath the black thick outer garment, before walking through the hallway and exiting the venue. He had been given an order and he intended to carry it out, no matter the weather, the good number of clients in his place tonight, or any other circumstances that may arise. When Tony called, he did as was requested. No questions asked. He trusted him and respected his position within the family.

As he drove off in his black Ford Coupe he thought about how he might handle the current task asked of him. The phone calls from Tony set him to do more and more. He didn't mind, at all, as he had a skillset that was valuable to the family and it kept his hands busy. Sometimes they were busy holding a burner and sometimes actually busy busting some mother fuckers that needed a good talking to with more than words, yet less than a bullet.

The Ford pulled up and across the road from a house in Bella Vista. The lights went off before the car rolled to a stop and the engine cut out. Scarfo made his way out of the vehicle as quietly as possible and closed the door gently to the point it was metal touching metal, yet left it slightly open. Partly for the quick access, yet more so to make the least amount of noise as possible.

After a short and careful walk Scarfo was across the street, through the yard, around the back of the house and in front of the backdoor. After removing a bobby pin, a thin metal lock pick and working at the door's key hole for a minute the door was free to open. Scarfo returned the pickers tools and pulled two black gloves out from his left outer jacket pocket and slid them on his hands, before twisting the knob ever so gently and cautiously entered.

Scarfo was now inside the house with the back door left slightly open. He removed a gun tucked into the back of his slacks before beginning to make his way slowly through the darkened and quiet house, making sure not to make any loud noises that could arouse suspicion. His heart was quickened yet his mind completely focused on the job at hand; his movements were slow and purposeful. It was quite late and there didn't seem to be anyone awake. He contemplated that point, yet decided to keep on.

Upon checking the other bedrooms and not finding anyone, Scarfo finally reached an upstairs bedroom. He peeked inside to find a women laying in bed, sleeping. Definitely not the man whom he had been set to task upon, yet he knew that wouldn't be the case. He was given information from Tony, the man in question was off at a brothel. Something the crooked cop liked to do, and Tony had him followed to make sure he knew his movements after their earlier altercation. Scarfo's initial plan was to wait in hiding, yet sometimes plans changed.

After finally arriving home a little later, a man appeared and walked in through the front door. He flicked on the lights, hung his jacket on the coat rack and walked into the lounge room. What he saw next startled him, to say the least. It was Scarfo standing behind the women, the dirty cops wife, who was on her knees; her mouth was gagged and her hands were tied behind her back. She was trying to scream yet her words were muffled, impeded by the material jammed into her mouth.

Scarfo had a Colt Positive revolver pointed at the back of the womens head. The end of the gun was close enough she could feel the cold hard steel pressed against her skull. Tears were streaming down her face and she was in hysterics. She had been in this position for the good part of an hour, yet Scarfo only stood up behind her once her heard a car pull into the driveway. Before that, he sat on the couch, patiently biding his time.

As the turncoat officer registered the scene he had walked into, he dropped to his knees in helplessness, begging for his wife's life. He began to plead with Scarfo, offering up information he figured Tony's problem solver had come to collect. One plus one equalled two. Turning on The Phoenix then disrespecting Tony's intelligence equalled Scarfo being sent to fix the problem. Sometimes, the equation involved more than just words. Scarfo was that violent piece of the equation.

"I'll give you anything! Please... PLEASE! I beg of you, don't hurt my wife! I'll tell you what you want to know, just let her go! Please! I'm sorry!"

The distraught man of the house bowed his head and started weeping, holding his hands together in front of him toward Scarfo in a prayer position.

"It's too late to pray for forgiveness. Now's the time to be clear 'bout who hit our men and where the location of the truck is. And if you don't tell me exactly what I want to know..."

Scarfo looking down at the women kneeling before him, still weeping and beside herself; he cocked back the hammer on the revolver. It made a definitive 'click' and the man of law knew it all too well. His distraught state turned into one of panic as he started spewing information, hoping it would change things for the better. He explained the location of the truck as well as the identities and locale of the men who carried out the hit that put two South Philly Phoenix in the morgue, before further pleading his case.

"Look, that's all I know! Please, let my wife go and I promise this wont happen again! Please! Just let her go!"

Scarfo looked directly at the hopeful yet helpless man who was still on his knees, pleading as best he could. He really didn't want to die, nor his wife for that matter. He now clearly knew he had made a mistake and hoped he had given enough information to please the gun wielding intruders demands and rectify the error of his ways.

As Scarfo slowly lowered his arm, the revolver crept down to hang next to his thigh, away from the back of the women's head. He gave the lawman turned beggar a good hard stare before quickly raising the gun to the back of her head and squeezing the trigger. The bullet split the back of her skull wide open and the impact sent her body jolting forward. It lay motionless on the lounge room floor, blood pooling around her face and head.

Scarfo then positioned the gun squarely on the man who had quickly crawled to the now dead body of his wife, weeping and crying uncontrollably as he lifted her body and cradled her. Scarfo fired another shot with the gun pointed at the mans head. After the turncoat cops body dropped next to his wife's, Scarfo let off two more shots just to be sure; they ripped through the heart areas of the chest, one each.

It wasn't exactly the way Scarfo wanted it to go down, yet the women had seen his face and he couldn't just kill the officer and leave her knowing the identify of her husbands killer. He contemplated this after he had made his way out of the house. He made sure to stuff one thousand dollars in one hundred dollar bills into the man's mouth before venturing out the back door. This was to signify his greed had got the better of him, and to leave a clear message for others. 

Scarfo was now in his car, driving. Many thoughts crossed his mind as he headed back to Red Velvet to set the next link in the chain in motion.

Report Post Tip

Phantom was sitting in the central bar in Lux nightclub. Paulie who was the well established bar tender in Lux walked over. He held up a bottle of whiskey and pointed it in Phantoms direction as if to ask if he wanted another drink. Phantom nodded his head in agreement and Paulie poured him another glass.

Phantom was drinking so he could settle his nerves as he was expecting a big call from Scarfo, who had briefly informed him of the situation on hand. His body language showed it all, the nerves, the fear and he was tapping his foot against the bar stool impatiently. He hit the stool precisely every three seconds. That was his OCD kicking in. He stood up from the bar stool, stretched and stood up straight. He walked out of the bar to the narrow hallway, pulled out a cigarette and began to smoke it. He took several deep inhales before blowing the smoke out over the hallway. As several people squeezed past he pulled the cigarette in towards his stomach.

Suddenly the phone behind the bar counter rang. It echoed throughout the bar like a gunshot; the sound got fainter as it reached the hallway nevertheless Phantom heard it. His faced drained, becoming whiter than snow as he lost all emotion, leaning against the wall and staring blankly at the one opposite. Phantom re-entered the bar and as he did Paulie nodded to him, handing the black phone over, stretching the cord across the counter. Phantom's heart raced as Scarfo began to talk.

Scarfo explained the situation at hand in an exceedingly detailed account. Phantom's mind raced but deep down he sensed he would be fine. He had done something very similar before and he went over the same emotions and feelings before the kill. As Scarfo talked, Phantom continued to convince himself that it would be fine. After the names, an accurate description of their appearances and a location were given before the phone line suddenly went stone dead. Nothing but a never ending beep tone was heard. It was time! Phantom thought to himself, and his heart began to race as his nervousness spiraled out of control.

Phantom handed the phone back to Paulie and tossed him some money to pay for the drinks along with a tip, then strolled outside and got inside his black Cadillac V-16 Roadster. He drove off looking for the bar with the sign and despite the car being able to hit a top speed of 90 miles per hour, he stuck to a leisurely 35 and his nerves began to creep up on him again. His mind began to drift as he drove around. His attention wandered to the trees along the roadside, the branches waving in the wind. The scenery strangely soothed him.

Phantom watched the pavement accumulate. Children lined the street, playing with each other. He cast his mind back to when he was younger. He wondered how he got into this life of crime. Then again, how does anyone? One day you could be killing someone, the next you could be smoking cigars with the Don. The sign appeared abruptly, and he knew the bar was close by. His emotions rushed back to him.

Finally, the bar was spotted. It was a rundown shady building that looked as crooked as the people inside. He noticed two people outside having a conversation and smoking a cigarette. Phantom was positive that they were the guys he is looking for. He slowly breathed in and out to settle his nerves. He wished he had downed one more drink and the thought brought a faint smile to his face, defusing the anxiety that had dwelled over him for the last few hours.

Phantom caught a quick glimpse of himself in the reflection of the window. He stared momentarily, pausing in mid thought, then forced an encouraging smile and composed himself further. He made sure he had his gun tucked firmly inside his belt, then exited the vehicle, attempting to slam the door closed behind him. It backfired when the door hit his left leg. Phantom’s aim at intimidating the two shady looking characters failed miserably. He finally decided to take the mature and delicate approach to avoid any inconveniences.

“Excuse me, you two gentlemen. But would you please walk into this back alley with me. I have a few questions”

The two men began to chuckle.

“No, now go away” Answered one.

Phantom realized his approach wasn't working. Time for plan B, he thought. He raised his voice.

“I wasn't fucking asking. I was telling you!”

Phantom lifted up his blazer a bit, revealing the gun that was firmly lodged beside his belt and waist. The two guys began to panic. As one of mobsters was eyeing up an escape route, Phantom fired a warning shot in the direction he was looking. The two men, startled, complied and moved into the back alley to face their fate.

Phantom followed them into the dark secluded area and he put the gun down by his side and peered down to the bottom of gloomy alleyway to make sure no one else was here. The adrenaline rushed frantically through Phantoms body. The power, the control, the supremacy; it all rushed through his veins like a fast flowing river. Phantom aggressively ordered them to get down on the damp ground.

“Ok first person to tell me a lie gets shot. Now where is the truck?”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Screamed the guy on the right.

A bullet roared out from Phantoms gun hitting the man in the back of the head. The bullet killed him instantly.

“I wasn't lying, I don’t talk bullshit and I don’t expect others to feed me the same. So, do you want to survive?”

“OK! I’ll talk! It is down the road, keep travelling north until you see a giant warehouse. The truck will be guarded heavily. Please don’t shoot!”

The man gave a more detailed account of the warehouse then without warning a second and final shot rang out through the air. 'This shit is too easy', Phantom thought to himself. He figured he would need to leave the vicinity quickly before someone decided to inspect the loud sounds of the gun. He grabbed all the documents from the dead bodies he could find, hoping to find some useful information, then got back into his car.

Phantom pulled out a cigarette and began to smoke it. He smiled for the first time since he approached the men and was happy to go back to his daily business. All his negative emotion went away, his mind finally clear as he drove back to Lux.

Once he arrived he stood up straight, his posture boasted confidence, and walked behind the bar counter and picked up the phone. He dialed Aislin and while the phone was ringing he ordered one more drink. He felt he had earned it after a hard day’s work. The other side picked up.

“Aislin, The truck is a few miles north of the HQ. You should be able to see the warehouse from a few blocks away. It is extremely tall and is completely black with one giant roller door for the truck to get in and out. Be ready as there are most likely mobsters on guard. Good luck Aislin but I seriously doubt you need it.”

Report Post Tip

Aislin's stilettos click audibly on hardwood floor as she paces back and forth, not one to sit still for any length of time. She hears the phone ringing and motions for one of the lower members to take the call. After brief words are spoken, the call ends.

"Yeah? Out with it now." Aislin says in a husky demanding voice, trying her damnedest to mask the raspy tenor of it. She licks her cherry red lips noting the slight change in Kittens stance and demeanor.

Kitten explains in a rush what is to be expected. Aislin releases an audible sigh. Smiling at the opportunity, to be of service. She lovingly strokes Kittens hair, making the girl edge a little closer.  Aislin nods her head at Danny Chase whose sitting in a corner to her immediate left, near the door.

"I just received a phone call, its show time boys and girls."

She quickly explains the deets and strokes Kittens hair one last time, righting a fly away strand. On her way out, she pulls DC's tie in to the proper position,  a real stickler for perfection. She walks out the room, leaving Kitten and DC to trail behind.

DC opts to drive as Aislin and Kitten sit in the back. Aislin is calm, deadly so. She isn't the nervous sort, nothing ever seems to rattle her.

She smiles down at Kitten and nods, well, hardly ever. DC parks a ways back and opens the door for her, but before leaving, she places a gun in Kittens hand...

"Stay here and keep a look out, alert us if there's trouble. Got it?" Kitten hurriedly agrees.

Aislin and DC, stealth there way over to the warehouse. Trapped between a wall and fence, she notes that there are only two guards. One guarding the truck and another at the main entrance. This is going to be like taking candy from a baby she thinks.

DC plasters himself to a wall, managing to blend in with the concrete. He has a particular way about himself, he can be blend in anywhere and at any time, seemingly becoming one with his surroundings.

Aislin slows her breathing, taps DC's arm twice and nods to the man guarding the truck. She then taps her neck, letting DC know that this will be a silent kill. She slowly counts 1...2.. and on the third she moves quickly and quietly to her man, the top gun, as DC does the same to his. She takes out her knife.

Some people like to shoot, she thinks to her self and then there's me. She quietly and efficiently does away with the top gun and walks over to DC, noting that he managed to get a speck of blood on the collar of his pristine white suit.

Aislin gets in the drivers seat of the truck, with DC riding shotgun. There must be something pretty damn valuable in this truck Aislin thinks.

They pull up beside Kitten and DC yells out of the passenger side window...

"Follow behind us gorgeous!" DC excitably yells, the adrenaline rush of killing tends to do that to him.

They head over to the LUX nightclub and pull in the back.

Report Post Tip

Scream paced while awaiting word. What was supposed to be a nice relaxing night out with the boss had turned into anything but. She knew their people would take care of the situation but waiting was always the hardest.

Finally her phone rang. She sprinted to answer the call. "Yes. Okay. Good. Well done! I'll be down shortly". Everything had been taken care of just as she knew it would be. Scream called to her driver, it was time to go back to LUX and meet up with everyone. Hopefully Latin would still be there when she got back. It would be nice to get that drink with the boss after all and maybe finally relax.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Phoenix Rising: Officer McGreedy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL