Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:52:28
Page:  1 
Mississippi Rogue?????? Started by: Mississippi-Floyd on May 21, '09 12:29
*yelling out on the street corner, "Mississippi Rogue, Mississippi Rogue"*

*Ole Floyd notices how quickly he grabbed everyones attention*

*quickly ducks to dodge any stray bullets that may fly because of this yelling action*

My follow mobsters! Yep I said it, "Rogue", that's such a nasty word around these parts. Hell when I was back home in Mississippi we had rogue street gangs, but that's a backroad thing.

Anyhow, I come here today to discuss the topic of "Rogue"!!!!

Walking around the streets, considering that I can't see low life scum-bags who crowd our sidewalks, I step on them one by one making a stairway to my street corner. And what I've been noticing is that they're alot of Rich MadeMan, Capos, and so on.

This brought me to ask myself this question, why aren't there as many rogues as you'd think there should be?

Evidently, they're not donating as they should or they wouldn't have such long status finacially, just my personal opinion though.

What are they saving the money for?

Me personally, without the leadership of my Don and the embrace I received from this family after some of the stupid comments made by my forefather, I could never betray the people that trust me.

On the other hand, I also see some walk around as if they don't give a damn and have noticed the eagerness to jump families when their leader receives a leg wound from a 22 special.

With the lack of respect, with some, and the I just put your name on my suit so that I don't get shot mentality, I ask again:

1) Why aren't there as many rogues as you'd think there should be?

2) And if Rogue is not a option for some, like me, what is the purpose for obtaining so much money and not donating?
Report Post Tip
Rourkey casually saunters over to Mr. Floyd and puts his hand on Floyd's shoulder.

Friend, I can't help but overhear your speech on the streets here. In my opinion, it sounds like you are encouraging some of the folks in this lovely world of ours to buy out of their HQ's and attempt to start murderous sprees across the country. I would advise you to choose your next words carefully here as many of us are not too happy with "rogue supporters" these days.

Rourkey politely tips his cap and departs.
Report Post Tip
*looks at his follower drunken partner*

No indeed Don Rourkey!

What I'm truly asking is what is the purpose of holding so much money with no intents for it. Obviously, they aren't making extremely large donations, such as myself. So I wonder, what is all the money for if some day you may lose it anyway if something tragic happens to your leader?

*hopes that Don Rourkey understands his view point and the direction he's going in*
Report Post Tip
And Don Rourkey I meant "Fellow Drunken Partner", I know that you would never follow the like of this ole country black-eyed peas eating, cow titty gripping back-road boy.
Report Post Tip
But you only see that they're rich Mississippi. Its likely that they're keeping a base level amount of money, say 1.5 million and donating whenever they get more money. Having a certain amount in a savings account is useful for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances. It doesn't mean we rich capos are donating any less it just means that we keep an amount that we won't touch.
Report Post Tip
Understood NewBestFriend, but what I want to better understand is what "ARE THOSE" emergencies and unforseen circumstances. That is what I'm searching to find out.

Can you help me or is there someone else who can better explain it for me?
Report Post Tip
High stakes poker matches, private flights, suddenly authed so you need to buy a HQ, death of crew leader - off the top of my head. Also you might wanna buy one bg so you look tough.
Report Post Tip
Are those not selfish?

And I don't think there would ever be sudden authed, useless you're going rogue. ANy other time I think mobsters would know well before hand if they're getting authed.

This way they have to time to get their finances in order, other than that the others sound personal and not related to the family, which I feel is most important.
Report Post Tip
Nods

This way they have to time to get their finances in order, other than that the others sound personal and not related to the family, which I feel is most important.

Miss, it depends on how you look at it...

Personally I have donated a fair share to my boss, how ever I am going to start holding back slightly with each donation because I will start to invest in my own safety ie BG's. By doing so, I will increase my worth to my Boss because I will have hopefully better defense WHICH means in a tough situation I will laster longer being able to be more of a help to my family. BG's are both Selfish and Unselfish depending on how you spin it.

The other part is this, the boss's take a given amount of the top of everything we do as they should. BUT anything on top of that I give is just that a gift. What I do with my money is my business as long as I am meeting my Boss's standards.
Report Post Tip
Enough time to get together money for a HQ? it would take at least two days for me to make that amount, maybe more. Pokers not selfish if you share your winnings with the crew leader. Iv only played in 2 matches, won both and gave it all to premier. And you need to strike a balance between working for your crew and working for yourself, otherwise CLs might as well just put their taxes at 95 percent.
Report Post Tip
Personally i am just glad rogue was spelled right.

We cannot be having those RED fookers running amuck now, can we?
Report Post Tip
The intentions and ambitions of crew leaders are very infrequently on display, the reasons they horde cash and stock pile of bodyguards could come for numerous reasons. If a rogue does grant him/herself an audience with the Godfathers of our country, well that is up to their own individual intentions and ambitions.

Bodyguards are provided to those in the family who require them, i.e, who can shoot the most and knows how to. If you are blessed with bodyguards by your CL, then hooray for you, you are considered an asset.
Report Post Tip
I've been listening very closely to what you've all been saying. It seems rather odd that it's even being discussed.

Mr. Floyd, what business do you have with other family's members? Every family has its own agenda, its own structure. You have no idea how the person in question is going to spend their money, no matter how much money it is. It is not your problem.

If you had a problem with people within your own family, take it up with your boss, in your HQ. Somewhat sad that we have people whining about other people not donating enough, in the middle of the street. Not your place, Mr. Floyd.
Report Post Tip
Just wondering what was in the heads of some people Prophet. Nothing personal. Those who wanted to respond, responded. I learned tips on how, "to strike a balance between working for your crew and working for yourself" from NewBestFriend and

"We cannot be having those RED fookers running amuck now, can we?" from Deano.

I thought you might have some as while Prophet! I'll take that as constructive critizism.

But on the other hand "MY PLACE" is where I choose to be, not you!

I finally notice you and this the treatment I get!

*shakes his head*

Ow well, thanks for the input people!

See ya sonny boy's!

*heads down the alley*
Report Post Tip
To keep this short and simple.

Greed.

People want the badge associated with having millions on hand. I am personally against this completely personal greed should always end in a nice fishing trip. Sad to see some people are like this but no one got into this business for the health plan.
Report Post Tip
I wouldn't say its greed. Keeping a million to yourself is about 2 or 3 days of not donating out of about a month. Thats only a tiny fraction of your time spent working purely for yourself to make sure you have some money in your pocket if you find something interesting to spend it on. I'm still one of the top donators and so I don't think you can call everybody who has 'rich' on their profile greedy.
Report Post Tip
A CL takes you in, makes sure you have work, puts a roof over your head, and offers you protection. You owe this man or woman your life.

Your very existence.

In essence, the opportunity extended to you must be repaid in kind. You do not work to fill your own bank account. You work to repay this debt out of honor. The money you make belongs to your Boss. Plain and simple. Keeping millions in your own personal account is essentially robbing the man or woman who took you in. When the time comes when they feel it unnecessary for you to contribute so much they will let you know. If they think it wise that you should at some point seek personal protection via attaining body guards of your own, again, they will let you know.

Until that point in time, thinking that the money accrued through ventures in the rackets your Boss has established is your own to do with as you wish is misguided. After all, it is he or she who greases the palms down at city hall so that you can run that string of girls out on the corner. The cops tend to look the other way because of the generous donations paid by your Boss to their "retirement" funds. You can continue to shake down the mom-n-pop's only because of the amount of money given by your Boss to those Senator's reelection campaigns. They keep lawyers on retainer to get your ass out of the 'ol stony lonesome when you screw up. You owe them.

Pony up. Do the right thing.
Report Post Tip
Thats why I pay taxes and make donations. As I have explained I'm not hording money. I'm not adding more and more to my savings. It stays at the same amount because it is useful to have your own money for crackdowns, flights, poker money etc. All of which usually benefit the family anyway. Im donating as often and as much as other people in the family but I also have my own capital and Its not something to be guilty about. No one joined the mafia to stay poor and you are not expected to give everything you have to the crew. Otherwise as stated earlier, taxes would be at 95 percent and there would be no tax free weeks. What matters a lot more is how much you contribute, not how much of what you've got do you contribute.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mississippi Rogue??????
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL