Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 21:47:13
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
New Rank Started by: Fever on May 21, '09 22:19
Before I begin my suggestion, I must rant a little. I must speak in OOC to do this.

Back in the thirties-twenties, when this game is set, there was a council of the most powerful Godfathers in the world. They would meet and decide on decisions to the mafioso, and wether to change the ten commandments of mafia or not.

Now, that leads to my rank. I believe that a rank should be added after Godfather called 'Commisionner' or 'Counsilor'. This is an elite group of mafioso who can change the rules through a democratic process.
Report Post Tip
There were no "Godfathers" really. There were dons and then there was the Capo tutti Capa (sp?) Which is "Boss of Bosses". Who acted merely as the head of any meetings that took place.

I don't think a rank such as that would need to be hardcoded. It could be RPed just as well.
Report Post Tip
Indeed, Mario Puzo came up with the name "Godfather" and it circulated from there. The Capo di tutti Capis was considered the over lord of mafia, and respected by all,no matter which family they were from.

As far as I'm aware, anyway =/
Report Post Tip
The Godfather was often a term used in the Mafia before Puzo. Most Italians/Sicilians being Roman Catholic, a lot of mafia members were Godfathers in the religious sense - and those who weren't were often still referred to as a 'Godfather' if they were looking after a younger or newer member of the organisation. It was Puzo who elevated it to being such a high position though.

In fact, even the name Don wasn't really used in the time frame we're talking about. Ever hear Capone getting called Don Al? How about Don Luciano? In those days, they were generally known just by their nicknames or as 'Boss' 'The Big Guy' all that sort of guff.

However, none of this is really relevant. What I would say is that the Godfather rank is largely misunderstood on this game. As FP mentioned in the streets, a Godfather or Capo di Tutti Capi is someone who mediates inter city debates, rather than being the 'CL of the city'. In terms of the actual Mafia Commission, there was no Leader or superior member in the commission. Obviously, people like Torrio for began the Commission and the likes of Capone and Luciano for their power wielded a lot of respect, but on paper they weren't above any other Bosses.

Therefore, I think it's an unnecessary rank - as a similar sort of thing I presume exists here anyway. Even then, it's not too difficult for the Godfathers to appoint a neutral commissioner/counsellor to mediate disputes if they wanted to go down that route.

Salut!
Report Post Tip
While this is a novel idea, most of the Godfathers already work together as a sort of "council" when decisions need to be made. We do just fine RPing this, so it doesn't really need to be coded in! :)
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: New Rank
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL