Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:01:16
Page:  1 
Beds night time ramblings Started by: Bed on Nov 03, '07 18:35
Bed's nightime ramblings

*Emerges from a dark room down the hallway, you stand there looking startled, a bed is moving towards you with legs, you don't know whether to be afraid or overjoyed that your bed can now come to you*

Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Today has been a slow day, the slowest I have seen in a while which is very disappointing, people keep jumping inside me and just sleeping, when they should be out here keeping the interest ticking over. Now I realise this is somewhat hypocritical coming from someone who has hardly stuck any sort of poster up in this world, however I am not here to get into a slanging match with people, I am not looking to pick a fight.

All I want to know is, what would make you come to the streets? What makes you want to be heard? What makes you want to read something? Do you lean towards the comedy side of things and would rather see humourous posters about the place? Or would you rather get into a heated (if a little over zealous sometimes) debate on a subject you feel passionately about? What stops you coming here? Are you going to say "there's nothing to post in"?

I find it quite disheartening that the only thing that makes the streets come alive nowadays is a war or the death of a leader. I won't preach to you about the "good ol' days" and I realise that a lot of what could be said is viewed as recycled garbage. But there are a lot of VERY intelligent (but lazy) people here that could turn our world on its head and have people WANT to come to the streets. Surely if these people pulled their own weight we wouldn't have almost a FULL day of inactivity on the streets like today. I realise that I haven't been putting enough effort in myself, but after seeing the dull and dreary streets today, I promise I will from now on.

After all, if the streets die, so does the place a lot of you should call your second home. Plus, how are we going to keep the new visitors the Gods are bringing to our world?

An answer to any of the above questions (or all of them) would be brilliant. I await people's retorts with anticipation.

Respect, Bed.

*The gentleman pins up his poster, tips his hat at the onlookers and bids them adieu*
Report Post Tip
As she watches Bed lumber away, she ponders aloud:

I suppose we don't make the effort to come out into the streets anymore. Perhaps with the increased police presence, we're all afraid of being made.

She doubles over laughing at her own pun.

Oh God, "Being made"... Oh I kill myself.
Report Post Tip
ginsters awakes suddenly after taking a lazy nap under a tree. After realising that it isn't just kids blaring music, he heads over to the now gathering crowd to get a better listen. After some time, a slot appears and he takes his turn to speak.

Ahh, some interesting questions you have posed there Bed, now, where to begin.

Well, i must firstly agree with you 100% that war and death does bring so much activity the streets, sometimes with numerous new speakers having their opinion. I do however feel that this may be because when someone dies, it is new news so to speak. Nobody else has spoke about it before and by god i personally find it far more interesting than hearing an old, wise man tell me for the 50th time about just how precious and amazing the Cosa Nostra and other peoples Boss's are. I would be the first to admit i find these kind of speeches unbelievably monotonous.

I must however admit that I disagree to an extent with what you have said about needing the intelligent to lead discussions and indeed start them. If anything, i sometimes feel the intelligent push people away from the streets. I mean, as a first time speaker, theres nothing worse than having your opinion shot down in a million flames by a fellow Mafioso using words and power phrasing you have never heard of.

I also feel that to make the streets more interesting and less repetitive, we need new speakers, with new opinions and new ideas. Maybe the more experience speakers should take a step back and allow the more timid people to have a say. I believe the intelligent speakers have been pulling the streets from the pits of non-intelligence for too long and believe its time for a new direction, something to end this dreariness of the same continuing peoples opinions.

I have always firmly believed that being able to speak is a major factor in this land, but feel that many people are taking an easy ride through there life. Hell whilst i was on the way to this land, we stopped off at many places, but one place in particular that caught my eye was because they had a great system i thought.

Although it was slightly different, as one man controlled it all, basically that man had said that nobody could become Made, that illustrious rank, without having said something in the streets. Be it an opinion or a start a discussion. Now i feel, it something like this were to be implemented by the crewleaders, the streets would be soo much more active and much more varied. People would have to, need to and eventually want to speak in the streets so as to progress in this world.

ginsters, then meanders his way to the back of the crowd to give someone else a chance to speak.
Report Post Tip
Some good points made ginsters I can see you actually THOUGHT about your reply.

If anything, i sometimes feel the intelligent push people away from the streets. I mean, as a first time speaker, theres nothing worse than having your opinion shot down in a million flames by a fellow Mafioso using words and power phrasing you have never heard of.

Ah, you see. These are people who use big words and blind you with trickery about their real intelligence. These people are smart, but FAR from intelligent. They drive away people in their droves and don't even realise they're doing it so they can't be THAT intelligent, can they?

Hell whilst i was on the way to this land, we stopped off at many places, but one place in particular that caught my eye was because they had a great system i thought.

Although it was slightly different, as one man controlled it all, basically that man had said that nobody could become Made, that illustrious rank, without having said something in the streets.

I believe this was one of the ex leaders (SWYW) main rules on becoming Made. Nobody was allowed to get to Made under him unless they showed themselves in the streets. Unfortunately he is no longer with us, however maybe some of the current leaders use this way of making people, or if they have a different system? Only they can tell us.
Report Post Tip
There have been attempts in the past. Many of them. Some, as pointed out, are shot down quickly by the narrow-minded people of this world. Other attempts try to bring in entertainment from years past, but it seems as if, only those that participated during it's initial release years and years ago are able to participate in it now. Maybe that's just me.

I agree. I hate seeing dead streets. I know of a man. My cousin, in fact. Rock Lee. He tried to get the streets a little more alive. He took a lot of heat, but stood for what he believed in. We can debate all night if it was successful or not, the bottom line is that he did make an attempt. It was an attempt an a 100% original gathering, using multiple people from multiple families that shared one goal. That was it's initial purpose.

I don't think it requires the smart to lead people. Yes, there are many stupid people that roam these streets. But more than that, there are people who are smart, but just brush past us, not speaking a word. It's difficult to bring people together. If it's a heated argument, some people have a tendency to jump the gun, and assume the worst right off the bat. They, obviously, are the less intelligent people. But it's this mixture of bad people combined with the seemingly mutes that gives us this inactivity.

At the same time, it's hard for anyone to come to the streets with something interesting to say, begin a discussion, and see it through to it's end, without anyone getting upset, angry, or whatever other emotions you'd like to use.

Good points, Sir. In a way, this in of itself is the type of discussion we need.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Beds night time ramblings
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL