Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:25:31
Page:  1 
Jail Etiquette Started by: Smasher on May 23, '09 14:28
It's a cold evening, quiet and calm. The excitement of knocking over 7-11's and stealing old ladies purses came and went early along in your criminal career. Finding bums to shoot are damn near impossible as nobody seems to immigrate to this world, despite the fact that the economy seems to be booming, and you are wrestling with boredom.

As you stroll through the streets, you ignore the repetitive, half-witted speeches being uttered on the corners, meander past the dilapidated bars, and make your way downtown. What to do? What to do?

Lost in thought you pass near the city jail without taking much of it in, until...Wait! What's that? You double back a ways. It looks like a couple goons are breaking some of their comrades out of that jail! This could be fun!

You hurry quickly towards the scene, noticing that some of the goons attempting to break their well guarded friends from the big top, are getting nabbed by some of the cops and getting thrown in themselves.

Without pausing you...

A)Rush forward to break out the man that was just thrown in that had been attempting to break out his highly guarded friend.

OR

B)Rush forward to break out the highly guarded man that the previous man had failed to break.

Success! You just sprung someone from the slammer! This is much more interesting than your ordinary petty crime! It's been a few seconds and you're feeling quite proud about your latest success. Why not do another?

Springing forward you...

A)Head straight for the cell of another mafioso that had just been thrown in.

OR

B)Head straight for the cell of the guy with the most guards surrounding him.

Wow! This isn't too difficult. Who knew crime could be so enjoyable?

So...Which mobster are you? Are you Mobster A or Mobster B?

The fact of the matter is we live in a world where the almighty dollar is needed in order to spring our friends from the jails. Lots of cash goes into organizing these jailbreaks.

Now, with that being said, there is hardly anything more infuriating to me, than Mobster B. He hasn't contributed to this jailbreaking cause. He is nothing more than a vulture looking out for numero uno...which is ok to an extent. However, in our line of work, we must live by a code...a code of respect (or so I've been told many, many, many times in these here streets). The respectful thing is not to let those that spent their hard earned cash to organize this jailbreak rot, while you enjoy training your skill by busting out high ranked prisoners. Some respectful things to do are to:

A)Break those that get thrown in.

B)Break those with fewer guards and leave the others for those that contributed to the crackdown.

C)Politely ask one of those that has started said crackdown (It's not hard to find out who...look for those that have been thrown in the slammer, break them, then message them asking if they started the crackdown or if they know who did.) if you can partake in the breaking of higher guarded members.

As is, I am quite tired of watching my hard earned dough being spent on organizing a crackdown, failing on an attempt, and when I am finally broken out of jail, all the high guarded members have been busted. These three suggestions (above) aren't too difficult to follow through on, and while I realize this isn't a situation that ever will or (honestly) can be policed, I hope that this plea will resonate with some.
Report Post Tip
Just because of what you said in the end, since no matter what we agree on, it will be very difficult to police, jailbreaking should be done in teams.

Whenever you are about to throw a crackdown, give a more experienced jailbreaker a heads up to look out for you and you will never rot in jail for more than 19 seconds at a time.
Report Post Tip
I disagree with leaving the high guards in for others. This is the mafia.

Survival of the fittest, we are here to rise above for the good of our family, what good does it do for our family if we are letting others rise above ourselves?

I don't see a problem with helping those out of jail that have been recently thrown in, but don't hurt your own future for someone that you have no connections with, they should have come more prepared.
Report Post Tip
I agree with Advantage. If you see someone fresh in the joint, you know they are trying to bust people out. So, as I see it, I should leave them in to reduce the competition for me. If I know someone who has a long time left on their sentence, I'l help them out, but only because I know them.

I don't think there is an etiquette when it comes to the jail. You throw a crackdown, you gotta hope noone else notices. You happen to stumble upon a full up jail, bust to your hearts content.
Report Post Tip
I agree. Using IRC to organize a CD is very useful that way if you get busted you always have someone to say "BMOP"
Report Post Tip
I would usually be Mobster B although if i see someone in need i will always lend a hand.

Partially because i have been training my jailbreaking and busting out the highest i can so that i can become better, once i have trained fully and successfully i will then just aim to help others.
Report Post Tip
In my own personal experience I find that you get back what you give. I'll never let a fellow mafiosa or mafioso rot in a cell, and not surprisingly more often than not I find that if I have the misfortune to be tossed deep into the 'ol stony lonesome I won't sit in stir for long at all.

Whether railroaded on some trumped up trafficking rap, or nicked trying to drag a friend out, It's been rare that I've served a full sentence.

All you elite jail breaking machines that have sprung me are heroes. Thank you all.
Report Post Tip
I seem to remember I certain medical practitioner bringing up this very same subject almost one year ago.

Looking back now it seems things have not changed...The people who just breakout the person with the highest guards is no better then the local junkie. Trying to abuse hardworkers for all they can take. It's a shame we can't do more. But all there really is to do is to leave them to their full sentence. And then we would be hypocrites....such is life.
Report Post Tip
It is not being the junkie, the one who takes what he can with nothing to be given in return. It is a situation of being the best, climbing your way to the top. What good does it do yourself or your family if you keep busting out people that you have no relationship with, business or personal? Why would you waste your time taking out the little guards while others eat up the larger guards? There is a missed opportunity to grow yourself.

Im not saying to leave them in full sentences every time, but be sure to grab your piece of the pie, worry about your and your family's needs before you worry about the needs of others.
Report Post Tip
To grab yourself a piece of the pie, I agree. But often times I see people leaving in their own so THEY can rank leaving their family behind. For me that is a junkie. He is giving nothing back to his family, he is only there helping himself leaving everyone else behind.
Report Post Tip
For conversation's sake, I am not that medical practitioner. However, I've participated in many a jailbreak. I am a mobster of opportunity which means I break out those I think I have the most success at breaking out (meaning fewer guards). I apologize to anyone I may have offended by breaking people out, however, a jail break is a public affair. One must realize that a jail breaking party is just that - a "party." As with all parties, people show up who weren't necessarily invited. Perhaps they are like ants at a pic-nic. They can't be helped.
Report Post Tip
Birday, Then I guess we are on the same page here, I do not agree with leaving your family behind. The second you see family in, get them out. I'm just not so much worried about those in other families.
Report Post Tip
I'd break out the High Guarded Folks.

Why?

Because there's a 75% chance that that CD came out of my pocket, and I think its a more civilized then shooting the prick that busted all my 20's out, maximizing his ranking while I, "try to do the right thing" breaking out nobodies and end up getting it right up the tail pipe for it.
Report Post Tip
Odd is extremely correct. But my answer would be breaking out the 7 or 8 guarders, because that would be my there abouts if ever I was jailed in. I would respect whoever brought up the Crackdown and leave the 20 guarders to them. I never buy CDs myself, so I would want to respect those who bought them, after all I am just joining in.

But that doesn't mean I've never JBed a 20 guard individual. I do, rarely JB a 20 guarder when nobody would touch them, when they are stuck in the jail, rotting, 5 at a time, then I go for them.
Report Post Tip
/me runs around jabbing people with OOC-itis vaccinations.

I have some strong opinions on this subject; but this is not the correct place to be discussing them.

Do you really mean to tell me, here, in the middle of the street, with everybody listening, that you pay off cops to have people thrown in jail? Sounds like a bit of a rat bastard thing to do if you ask me. Whatever happened to Omerta?
Report Post Tip
I believe Omerta occurs amongst family, and those who get locked up, are just collateral.

Correct me if I am wrong.
Report Post Tip
Whether or not a person got thrown in trying to file the bars off of a minimum security cell or they are caught wiring dynamite to a maximum security solitary confinement pit shouldn't be the issue.

If someone is caught by the man, you should be busting them out. And Unless you have been granted psychic powers, or you were the person who slipped the cops the white envelope, you don't know who got all these guys tossed in jail. Therefore, assuming anyone who is sitting in a cell for a longer sentence is some schlub who was only breaking out people with more guards, is presumptuous.

I break out people who need to be broken out, end of story.
Report Post Tip
Ezio listens to the comments of everyone on this commonly touched topic. He lights a cigarette and takes a deep breath.

Not to be rude, but how many times is this topic going to be brought up in our fair streets. It has been brought up many times, and the same thoughts expressed. Has it ever changed? No. Most people will always look out for number one, and that's not going to change. In our lifetimes at least.

But, since it's not a question on how many times the topic is spoken of, I guess I can give my opinion. This is another instance where "Family First" should come into play. We're all supposed to be looking out for our own, and not just ourselves. Share the splendors of breaking our fellow mafiosi out by breaking out the people awake in each jail cell, instead of the people in a deep slumber just because they have more guards at their door. If you have a family member rotting in a jail, you should break them out before anyone seeing as you are supposed to put your family before anything else.

Well that was my tangent for the day, good evening.

Ezio takes a long drag off his cigarette as he turns his back to the crowd and makes his exit.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Jail Etiquette
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL