Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:44:02
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
The Debate Concerning DorkRourke's Untaggeds Started by: ThomasRourke on May 24, '09 03:38
Yep but you can't see feelings, loyalty and the family that was beind you from your profile - you can see a tag. Not saying that Thomas Rourke has not proven himself perfectly capable of protecting unsponsored family members but having a tag does make things easy for wack-happy crazies who can't read good in the streets.
Report Post Tip
Well GF Brick, we will all view this differently and I can agree to disagree, but with some of the things people take the time to put on their jacket, I don't see why they don't.

I still think it all leads back to RESPECT for your leader. Whether you're told too or not, just plain RESPECT.

Not wearing tags includes some kind of hidden agenda.

Having said that, I will no longer be communicating with those "WITHOUT FAMILY TAGS"!

This goes for all ranks!

And to those of you that contact me often and don't received responses. YES I do recieve them and YES you actually don't mean shit to me! Therefore, NO I won't respond!

Phase 1 of "BIG BALL SYNDROME" ----> WiseGuy and under, don't fear'em don't hear'em

Phase 2 of "BIG BALL SYNDROME" ----> Tagless mobsters

Can't see of hear none of them!
Report Post Tip
You talk of respect, yet ignore people who address you? Interesting view of respect, to be sure.
Report Post Tip
"Mississippi Floyd, you asked for opinions so i'll offer an alternative. You seem to say that being an individual is a bad thing, and imply that one can not be both an individual, and a family member.

A family is made up of indivuals, we each have our own skills and traits, which can be combined to out mutual benefit. Some mafiosos are silver tongued, others are as subtle as a sledgehammer, and it's these differences which makes a family successful. It means we ensure we've always got the right guy for the job.

So if not wearing a tag makes you an individual, perhaps it's better we don't. Because if were all the same, we would be limited in our abilities as a family."
Report Post Tip
I think if a family was made up of 50 clones of me it would still be pretty good.
Report Post Tip
*steps over two small wods of something resembling dog shit to get to NewBestFriend*

I love to be the leader of that crew! 50 people that think b4 they speak and show RESPECT too!?!

What a HQ!
Report Post Tip
I would have you as leader if I could but its NBFs only I'm afraid.
Report Post Tip
Damn-it! Damn you NBF. I knew that crew was too good to be true anyway.

*throws a finger sign at NBF*

*swigs the Moonshine and heads to the local seamstress to have his leaders tag enlarged on his jacket*
Report Post Tip
Mississippi-Floyd

It doesn't matter whether or not you think Tags mean anything or not. Quite frankly your CL doesn't believe in the use of them to deem yourself "Loyal" to the family. You wouldn't want to disrespect your CL by publicly disagreeing with him would you?

Oh my... Completely disagreeing with your CL... In the middle of the streets... For all to hear

Not very respectful is it. Not very Loyal. Should you not be backing up what your CL believes?
Report Post Tip
I dunno, I've sometimes disagreed with premiers thoughts in the streets because I know we're all friends so an opposing view is welcome occasionally. Its obvious that we agree on the fundamentals otherwise I wouldn't be in his crew. I wouldn't say that playing the devils advocate at times is necessarily being disrespectful - its just a way of clarifying things rather than being an eternal yesman.
Report Post Tip
Playing the Devil's Advocate to the extreme that Mississippi is taking it is quite disrespectful. Its as if he is laying the law down as he says it is, not really in a place to be doing that, just saying.

As for playing the Devil's Advocate as a whole, you should never disagree with your CL in the streets, almost like trying to play your boss down a notch so that you look more powerful. You should be there by his side, whether you disagree or not to help him get his point across. You should want your boss to be strong.

If you have disagreements with your CL, you should take them up behind closed doors.
Report Post Tip
*looks at NBF*

Yeah I disagree with alot of what people say around here, but I try to do it respectfully.

I've never been a YES man and I'll never be. So if I have to die over and over again for that, let the funerals begin.

My views are what they say, my views and if I had my way around here alot of these low-life low-rank(& some high rank) mobsters would be dead tag or no tag, but hey that's just the "BIG BALL" in me.

I'm sure leaders don't want YES men or they'd be lost in the cold when it came time to make the toughest decisions. Decisions that are better using 2 heads than 1, if you know what I mean.
Report Post Tip
Im sure they dont want yes men, and I know they want someone that is willing to back them up no matter the situation. You are a family, you stick together. You are stronger when you work together rather than separated, trying to fight your own battle.
Report Post Tip
Personally i think that having tags in our quotes may give us a little more protection if tragically, one of our CL's were to die..

but the only real reason i can think of is out of respect for the family..
Report Post Tip
Floyd in at least your last three additions to this debate you have used the word respect in one form or another. But yet you refer to two people as

two small wods of something resembling dog shit

I do understand that in your mind neither deserve your respect because of tags and/or rank. However there is a big different between respect, not showing respect (in the form of ignoring their very existence) and showing blatant disrespect. As with any word or term in this language there is always a spectrum of interpretation and your reference to a made man, as well as a fellow member of the same crew as yourself, as canine excrement would be at the very farthest end of the spectrum from respect I know.
Report Post Tip
Well M-Floyd I will respond to this statement with a few reasons...

PS

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR SOME OF THE REASONS NOT TO WEAR A TAG, BUT NO WILL RESPOND TO THAT.

1) My Boss doesn't require it or even ask us to do it.

2) I will prove my loyalty over time and to everyone NOT just Brick.

3) I fully expect to die when my Boss does so no point in wearing it for protection

4) I will continue to fight regardless of odds or rank when he dies.

5) Although in his own world he believes he is a Hansom MoFo we all know he is just a MoFo

6) There are serious (RP) flaws in putting all sorts of tags on your suit. I mean really we are Mafioso not Flare wearing TGIF waiters.

I also, at my lowly rank of gangster found your all caps yelling a bit disrespectful. It was grossly assumptive to believe you were so beyond reproach that NO ONE would respond to that.
Report Post Tip
*smiles*

*takes a shot and lites a cig*

To each his own.

*walks off through the alley heading to another street corner*
Report Post Tip
This is one thing I don't get about people who are leaders and would say that untagged members should be fair game. I've been around a long time, have seen a lot of requests from dying leaders and the most common one is, "Please spare my members" or "If you can, protect my crew" in those moments the selflessness of leaders usually comes through and regardless of their thoughts on untagged members they don't discriminate. They want their whole crew saved as efficiently as possible, and I am in a position to offer that. It's when members do die following their fall of the leader that there are utterances such as, "Well he was untagged." I don't understand that.

The reason that gets me is this... If these leaders are pro-death for members without identification then why are they not taking care of the problem while the people are still in the families? Why does it become a problem when they become unsponsored and there are people protecting them? If you don't like it, take care of it, why does the burden fall on everyone else afterwards? I provided more than enough people in that list of names earlier without tags, why not just kill them now? Either way they'd have a cloud hanging over their head that sentences them to death.
Report Post Tip
I agree with GF Thomas about protection to all tagged or untagged member of DorkRourke. because it's already post on the street with the name list. so there is no excuse for "Well he was untagged" answer.

but in the great war, usually most leader will more focus on the war situation, so they don't have time to write down some protecting list name. in that case, wearing a family name will be helpful, specially for the gangster rank with low number of posting and massage, so they can easily identify as non IA's for the neutral side.

so wearing a family member is still useful.
Report Post Tip
Scipita, I think you misunderstand me my friend, but it's all good, debating it further is a waste of both our time.

I do have a general question though to anyone interested, does being a Godfather make you Godfather of just THAT CITY? Or does it mean you have control and influence over this whole world of ours? I mean, I understand how this would give you respect and a certain influence across all cities, but does it actually give you control to enforce laws in other cities?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Debate Concerning DorkRourke's Untaggeds
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL