Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:08:32
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
An Extenuating Circumstance Started by: Odd on May 25, '09 22:47
I have a strong opinion.

And that is, under NO circumstance should you EVER offer a place in your family to anyone.

I am all for helping out the new folks, send them a note, tell them what they should be doing, tell them to get a family..just don't tell them to join yours. its unethical. Period. This isn't the Army...we dont recruit people here. We hire people that are looking for work and Those people will approach you.

"but they are new and don't know better" all the more reason to not whore them into your family, learn to swim by jumping in the water. Instruct them generally what to do then let them make their own decisions.
Report Post Tip
I actually have the same view, Don Odd. None of my ancestors have ever recruited people into the family. It's about quality really. Of course the people that're new to these shores aren't gonna know exactly what to do, but if they're too stupid to figure it out given time, then they're not good enough.

Yeah, give 'em some help, but don't give 'em an invite for fuck's sake unless they've requested one.
Report Post Tip
Sir Odd, i agree with you really... about the hiring, like i said before... i quoted the word "recruiting" because it's the one used the most around here. But i find the word hire more appropriate. And also, i dont agree with simply sending out an invite to somebody without even knowing him. This is not appropriate. I cannot agree more, but i also think that some leaders should choose their assistants more carefully. Like i said... friends are friends and leaders are leaders. More than one mistake has been made here. I just hope everyone learned from these mistakes. Well, it's all i can say about this issue. Thankyou Odd, for sharing your thoughts on this subject. Because everything is to be gained by it.

-The Sneak!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Extenuating Circumstance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL