Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:44:49
Page:  1 
N.O. Made, N.O. Shoot Started by: Brick_Pollitt on May 26, '09 13:31
You sit down to read the piece of paper that has been hand delivered to you, posted in your HQ, and on every street corner visible in the cities. The top of the piece of paper says the following: Memo from the desk of Brick_Pollitt, Godfather of New Orleans. Underneath it is a neatly hand-written memorandum, written clearly so there are no mistakes. It reads:

Welcome one and all to the city of New Orleans, I trust you've all had a wonderful trip and will enjoy your time in our city. In order to make the streets a little safer, I am directing that you all please read the following.

I am submitting this memo to all those who plan to travel to the city of New Orleans with their guns. Please be advised that if you are under the rank of Made Man (and not a resident of the city of New Orleans) you are no longer permitted to shoot within the city limits. That's right: if you are a Wise Guy or below, you are not permitted to carry your gun when traveling to New Orleans. You cannot shoot the bums that dirty up my streets, you cannot shoot your crew's members who have given you permission. You simply cannot shoot in New Orleans.

Frankly, I am tired of cleaning up messes left by those who don't really know how to use their guns. All you gangsters might think you do, but you're not going to get your practice in New Orleans. I prefer to have only experienced gunmen cleaning my city streets. And while I'd truly prefer that only New Orleans residents clean our streets, I'm willing to make an exception for those who have earned the respect of their families and the rank of Made Man.

Some of you "young guns" might be courageous (read stupid) enough to disregard this directive and try your hand anyway. Maybe you're hoping that somebody from New Orleans won't witness the shot and deliver the news to me. To you I say good luck.

If, however, I do receive word in the form of a statement from the witness, (regardless of whether you actually hit or missed your target) I will take it as a slap to my face and an intention to completely disrespect me and my directives. You will be shot and your remains sent neatly to your home city.

So, as you enter New Orleans, remember: If you are a Wise Guy or below and shoot your gun within the city of New Orleans, you will be caught and you will be shot.

And by the way - just to help you make that decision - I will let you know that I will pay handsomely for any witness statements that indicate shots were fired by a Wise Guy or below within New Orleans.

Thank you for your time.

the memorandum was signed neatly by Brick_Pollitt before hundreds of copies were printed and delivered throughout the cities.
Report Post Tip
I think this is a brilliant idea.

Thank You. Godfather Pollitt
Report Post Tip
Pyro primps her hair and applies flaming red-orange lipstick before stepping out into public. Walking to the street corner, she sees a trash bin set aflame with a bunch of homeless, inactive bums huddled around it. Caught off guard by the sparkling luminescence, she pauses transfixed for a few minutes. A few minutes too long, in fact, since right as she was setting a timed explosive to go off just behind the group of refuse, some young punk gangster runs by waving his gun around like the ten-inch penis he wished he had, managing the difficult task of driving the bums into hiding for four hours rather than killing them. Sighing to herself, Pyro wishes the event had happened in her home city; at least then she could teach the youngster a proper lesson in gun control. That thought reminds her of the original purpose of her excursion, and she steps up to the street corner where a crowd is growing.

I love this idea, Godfather. For too long the men and women of these cities have done nothing while young punks draw attention to the more nefarious activities of the underworld, drawing the attention of the fuzz and putting pressure on our families to stay less visible than we otherwise would -- earning less money than we otherwise would. If someone wants to commit unseemly actions towards the bums of the world, they should at least be competent enough at their craft that they do not draw unwanted eyes in the process.

At this point the flickering of a lighter to her right draws Pyro's attention away. She steps back from the street corner to listen, and perhaps bum a cigarette off a well-endowed man.
Report Post Tip
Fisk takes this in, thinks for a second, then speaks up.

Please, do not see this as me questioning his request or judging his motives, but I am interested as to how the City of New Orleans would benefit or even notice a difference by employing this practice that has have put to us all today. It is very pleasing, you must know, to see Leaders actively thinking about changes and restrictions that they can enforce, within their power to do so, it is just this one leaves me a little confused.

Finishes his smoke and stretches slightly.

Just what difference will be noticed by those within the N.O walls that has left them with the desire to enforce this new rule? If it is an effort to reduce the amount of death on her streets, or simply an image thing, I can understand, but there are a lot simpler and common ways of going about this.

Anyone who does not know how to use their gun, could fall under any rank. Granted, there is a slightly higher chance of a new member of the community getting bored/curious and taking a few random shots, but the risk from one of these shots are minimal. Where as those with some power behind their weapons can do a considerable amount more damage, and would not let this restriction stop them if it was their goal to 'shoot shit up'

And finally, all this would do is stall those who are born with the mindset and knowledge of training their gun, for a couple of weeks before they attain the rank anyway.

Of course, despite my monologuing, if it is nothing to do with me, I can accept that also.

Fisk gives a confident smile and lights up another smoke.

With that said, I must add it is always a good pleasure to see Godfather Pollitt, I admire how the man goes about his business, and what he has to say very much. this is in not to be seen as me poking the beast with a stick.

Though, I may pay for calling him a beast.
Report Post Tip
I'm replying to this for a couple of reasons. One, while I don't feel the need to justify the reasons for implementing this rule in the city of New Orleans, I would like to respond to some very valid points that were made.

I appreciate you taking the time to review the memo, Fisk. It appears as though there are some that have yet to read the memo and continue to violate my directive in the city of New Orleans. Perhaps I should give people the benefit of the doubt and assume they just haven't taken the time to read what I've written.

So - let me repeat it: If you are a Wise Guy or below, and are not in one of the New Orleans families, you are not permitted to shoot ANYTHING within the city of New orleans.

I certainly hope that is clear. If it's not, please let me know.

Any time for leeway on this rule is over.

So, Fisk - thank you for your reply. I have several reasons for implementing this rule. Not the least of which is to make clear the distinction between Made Man and those below the rank of Made Man. I feel like the status of Made Man has lost some of its, how shall we say, luster over the last few months and part of my purpose shall be to bring back that luster and to help this community understand the rights and responsibilities that you accept when becoming a Made Man.

And obviously, the second reason to reply is to make sure no other posters are covering this one, so there are no questions when you end up with a bullet in your head.

Thank you.
Report Post Tip
ducks behind Pyro

Sorry big guy for not responding sooner, I for one like this distinction. We are not asking for a tax or payment, we are not asking people to stop coming to New Orleans. We are simply stating that there is a reward for being Made or above in New Orleans. I am sure this is just the first of many changes and challenges ahead for our great city.

climbs on Pyro's shoulders

Chicken anyone ?
Report Post Tip
A very noble endeavour, Godfather Pollitt. It is good to know that our leaders are seperating the gap between Made Man and Wise Guy, as it should be. I see the rank as my ultimate goal, and can only be honoured by it and the rewards it brings.

Grazie, Don Pollitt, I appreciate the time taken to reply.
Report Post Tip
Nice Idea I guess Brick. Its nice to see you laying down some rules in your city I knew this would come sooner or later.

Once again Nice Idea, the only thing I can ask is that if your going to shoot that WiseGuy or Below from a diffrent family are you going to mail their leader to inform them that you have shot them and with the evidence that they have done that crime ???

So us leaders dont have to go looking around for who killed our Wise Guy or below and then start accusing the wrong City/People/Person ??
Report Post Tip
I think it is a wonderful idea. Anything that can help bring the honour back to being made is amazing in my book as I also feel that it has lost its value over time.

It is something that I personally also am an advocate for. Being made is not just another step in the chain. It is the leap in which you are part of the elite of this thing of ours. Well done Godfather.
Report Post Tip
I like this. Anything that helps us understand what a privilege it is to be Made and really become part of a family, is to be applauded. Putting aside calls for City Hall to actually provide more means of differentiation, there is absolutely nothing to stop our current leaders doing more along these lines in cosa nostra. Good move.
Report Post Tip
Don't like it, but a Goombas opinion doesn't hold weight against a Godfathers order.

Maybe I'll appreciate it more when I'm of higher status.

Can't argue with it though. It's a good call to benefit you and your city. Plus imagine the extra kills you'll get from rule breakers.

pulls a joint from behind his ear and lites it, kicks a rock, and calls his travel agent to cancel flights
Report Post Tip
Got it.
Report Post Tip
Got it.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: N.O. Made, N.O. Shoot
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL