Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:01
Page:  1 
The Hit List Started by: Dice on May 26, '09 15:41
I take to the streets, with a little confusion one of the tools available to mafisos in this life.

"The Hit List. In my experience i have never seen a single hit posted to this list. It's available for any of us to view and use, and the idea of getting paid to kill someone should be comfortable with almost all of us"

I look down at my blood soaked shirt. In truth, i didn't actually kill the guy. Instead i beat him until he wished i had, then let a thug finish the job off.

"So why do we not use the hit list? Now i can see some reasons, why pay someone when you can do the job yourself, or get a family member to do it for you.

But is there really no situation where the hit list could be appropriate? Or do we forget about the hit list because it is so seldom used?

I'm curious to know if this tool available to us, has been put to use at some point, and perhaps i simply failed to notice."
Report Post Tip
Used to be that if you wanted to kill someone that wasn't wanderin' around in plain sight, you had to hitlist 'em. Made it pretty interesting 'cause you got to see who all the shooters were from each family. That was back before someone witnessed every little thing, so it was useful. Not sure what's changed if anything, but I'd be interested to find out.

And I don't think it's completely unused. Pretty sure I saw somethin' on it the other day.
Report Post Tip
The hitlist can be a handy thing, but the one problem with it is that family heads have access to large amounts of cash when they need it, so anytime a hit is posted it gets bought off rather quickly. Also not many are willing to put their neck on the line and admit to posting a hit, then again there are many among us who don't need to use the hitlist, they have the means to deal with someone themselves, or they get someone else to do it for them behind closed doors.

It's something that used to inspire fear and wonder, but now sadly it's just another avenue that's not used.
Report Post Tip
Family heads obviously don't appreciate their own being hitlisted, so its use will obviously be limited somewhat. On the other hand, I've heard of some creative uses of the hitlist when a family head has recently fallen, to ensure that a particularly unloved individual gets a bullet instead of an invite when only limited protection was offered to the crewless.
Report Post Tip
"Pyro, i would argue that your example isn't a creative use of the hitlist. But rather, exactly what it's there for. Though i'm glad to hear that it does get used, even if it is limited."
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Hit List
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL