Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 20:29:30
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
How do you react Started by: Hoss210 on May 26, '09 21:52
When one of your charecters dies?

Do you get Mad, sad, or don't give a shit?
Report Post Tip
Well, it depends on the character. It depends on how much time you put into it, and how the character died.

If I spent 2 months on a character, and it was killed by a random-wacker... I'd be pissed.

If I spent 2 days on a character, and it was killed... I wouldn't care.

It all depends. :)
Report Post Tip
Its just a game, but I know there is some disappointment for me when a character you put a lot of work into gets killed for no good reason.
Report Post Tip
There's usually a sense of loss for me (unless it was a throwaway character), because you put so much time and effort into it and it's just... done. I don't think I've ever been mad, but I've certainly been less than happy. I usually have to spend some time away from the game before I return, and that's when I get mad--and only then it's because I can't jailbreak, I can't shoot, I can do felonies, etc.
Report Post Tip
I don't think I've ever randomly been killed. :P I only get killed if I deserve it!
Report Post Tip
What if you were Don, or GodFather?

I don't know about GF becuase you made it so.. But Don, you are just sooo close hahaha
Report Post Tip
i tend to just create a new character, so you could put me down for i don't give a shit.
Report Post Tip
You grieve the amount of time you put in, you take a small hiatus, you create a new character, you move on.

If you find that you have made a new character and you are still overly angry, upset or downright enraged over the fact that your character died- you didn't take a long enough break. Your feelings should die with your character, and if the feelings aren't dead yet, you should play a couple of non-serious characters before getting back into the swing of things.

That's how I roll, at least!

And:

Its just a game, but I know there is some disappointment for me when a character you put a lot of work into gets killed for no good reason.

I think that you can debate that every death is for "no good reason"... depending on what side of the line you are on, lol. Know what I mean?
Report Post Tip
depends if i was anything higher then made man and it was for no reason i would be pissed off.
Report Post Tip
On another side of the spectrum, you can act like this, but that usually doesn't get you too far on your next character. :/
Report Post Tip
Ahah Marietta ahhaha I was about to say that ahhaaha :P
Report Post Tip
Well that was the point of the whole thread so you ain't being that visionary are you?
Report Post Tip
See, I go the entirely opposite direction. Instead of turning life's frustrations toward the game, when I die here I grab a Maglite and go beat old people, children, puppies and bunny rabbits to greasy puddles on the sidewalk.

It does wonders for stress and helps control overpopulation. Plus, think of all the carbon footprints I'm erasing.

Go green, people.
Report Post Tip
I think i would prefer NBF's approach, keep crying about it for the next 3hrs untill i realise noones cares.
Report Post Tip
although from my account quite a lot of people cared. I had more fun in those 3 hours than I did in 3 months of normal chatting with you lot. cheers.
Report Post Tip
Pissed off.

But nonetheless, just to an extent. It is just a game.
Report Post Tip
Well when it happened to me i was pissed... because my fathers death was unecessary, but when i came back i was granted a second chance, this made up for the loss... now i see some friends up high and i am still here climbing ranks... so, yeah it sucks... but like we say... shit happens loll!
Report Post Tip
Well never got killed so I don't know but I don't think I would be trilled but I don't think i would throw a fit either.Shit happens ,you move on :)
Report Post Tip
i felt a bit pissed that my creation was now dead, but after all its just a game.
Report Post Tip
I call my mother and tell her all about it. Then she sends tiggy a mm.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: How do you react
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL