Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 15:13:37
Page:  1 
Corktown Carnival Started by: Penny on Mar 05, '15 01:55

Penny was glancing out the window of her apartment she noticed just a couple streets down there was a big empty lot, on the lot it looked like there were a few small stands and what looked like to be a deflated tent. Curious she put her shoes on and went over to investigate. She hooked the corner and there it was, it was all fenced in the sign on the chain linked gate was all tattered and hanging down dangling by one hook. Penny tilted her head sideways to read it properly "Corktown Carnival"

She thought puzzled for a moment then peered through the chain links taking a glance at all stands and in the distance the deflated tent. After a couple minutes of standing out in the cold she headed back to apartment. The entire walk back she kept on repeating Carnival in her head until it hit her. She had been looking to get into a business of sorts and this seemed like a prime opportunity. She didn't know much about carnivals but her crew was an odd bunch at times she was sure they would come in quite handy.

The next morning as soon as Penny woke up she started making some phones calls. It didn't take long for her to find out what happened to the last carnival, it was now in the possession of the local FED's. Without hesitation a bright idea sparked Penny, she remembered Nyxie talking about knowing a couple of contacts whom didn't want to be named of course that worked with the department. It only took one more phone call to Nxy and the deal was set up the deed was soon to be hers. Nxyie had to be the one to handle the transfer though so Penny gathered whatever money she could put it in a suitcase and gave it to Nxy. Within an hour Nxyie came strolling back the paper deed in her hand she handed it to Penny. Penny opened up the folded part 15600 Trumbull Street the deed said. Before you leave Nxy what do you think about partnering up with me on this, shocked Nyx emphatically agreed. It only took the girls about a month to get the place up and running. They looked over the list of games available:

- FISH BOWL TOSS -

No fish were harmed in the making of this game. We take glass fish bowls and line them up on a table.  The object is to make your ping pong ball into the waiting bowl.

- TIC TAC TOE -

The object is to toss wiffle balls into the squares making three in a row.

- BALLOON DARTS -

A carnival classic where the player attempts to burst two out of three balloons

- SPILL THE MILK -

You attempt to knock down three wooden bottles of milk with two hard balls

- RING TOSS -

The object is to toss a wooden ring around the neck of an object on a table.

- GO FISHIN’ -

This game is reserved for younger players.  We take a game booth and cover it with drapes. the child places his “fishing pole” into the opening and comes out with a small prize.

- BASKETBALL TOSS –

A challenging game of hoops. Make two out of three baskets and win a prize.

- TIP THE CAT –

The object of this game is to knock down two out of three fuzzy cats with your bean bags. 

- CROSS BOWS –

Targets placed in a plexiglass box are knock down by your guests with a cross bow and safety darts.

- WOODEN PENNY TOSS –

The object is to toss a wooden nickel onto a table layout with winner’s rings painted on the board.

- CAN CAN -

Player tosses bean bags at 5 cans in an attempt to knock all down in one shot.

- MINIATURE GOLF -

Hole in one wins.

- MONEY WHEEL-

Player spins a point’s wheel in an attempt to land on the number they choose.

Satisfied with the selection of games Penny and Nxy look over the rides:

- ROLLER COASTER -

No explanation needed

- HAUNTED HOUSE -

Not for the faint of heart

- MERRY GO ROUND -

For all the kids, or anyone who can't handle the Roller Coaster

- MIRROR FUN MAZE -

Not suggested for the patrons who have had a little too much to drink cause traveling this maze on 2 stable legs is hard enough

- FERRIS WHEEL -

Enjoy a relaxing ride and scenic view of wonderful Corktown

- BUMPER CARS -

Yeah thats right we have bumper cars

The girls happy with their selections, knew this carnival will bring lots of memories to the residents of Detroit and the thousands of visitors the grace these streets daily. There was one last thing though they needed to go over the list of concessions cause the food and drinks are part of all the fun. Penny flips through her papers "Concessions" ah there is it.

CornDogs $3.00

Funnel Cake $2.00

Cotton Candy $2.00

Smoke Turkey Legs $4.00

Deep Fried Oreos $3.00

Deep Fried Pickles $2.00

Caramel Popcorn $3.00

French Fries $1.50

SnowCones $1.00

Soda Pop $1.00

Ales and Spirits Ask your Attendant for Prices

Penny looks over at Nxyie both girls smile, I think it is time we are ready to open the gates.

Upon arriving to the gates the sounds of the carnival echoes down the streets there is a lone ticket booth sitting up front. The sign on the booth reads:

Welcome To The CorkTown Carnival

$10.00 to enter, with entrance fee all rides are included.

If you aren't tall enough to ride the rides.. wear platform shoes.

Games are $1.00 per turn win the game win a prize

ENJOY

Report Post Tip

Approaching 15600 Trumbull Street, the smell of popcorn and fresh cotton candy filled the air. Children laughing and the indistinguishable sound of happy couples and mobsters making rounds on the Ferris Wheel is the soundtrack of this moment. 

As Vandlgat walks through the labyrinth of tents and rides enjoying the peace that is afforded to him, he spots a perfect challenge to assure himself he hasn't lost his aim. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out some money and hands the Balloon Dart attendant $10 for a shot at the prize.

The attendant states,"Alright! You gotta hit 2 out of the 3 balloons you see here...." He points at the 3 red balloons across the dirt, 15ft away,"if you hit your mark, you get to pick out any stuffed animal I have and take it home. Go when you're ready, sir."

Vandlgat collects himself for this monumental moment. He isn't thinking about stuffed animals. He wants to gauge his ability, his manhood.

He takes his first shot...

Miss!

The Balloon Dart attendant laughs with a sinister feel.

He takes his second shot...

Hit!

"Wow! One more and you're a winner!" the attendant eagerly explained.

Vandlgat takes a moment to think. He closes his eyes, envisioning the perfect throw. He sees it in his mind as if it were the only thing in his life. With patience, Vandlgat opens his eyes and cocks his arm back to fire.

He takes his final shot....

Miss!

The Balloon Dart attendant pats Vandlgats shoulder saying,"Aaahhh you cant hit'em all. Come back and try again when you're feeling more accurate, haha." The attendant places another set of balloon across from the counter and dirt.

Vandlgat walks away displeased with his dart game."I'll be back," he says to himself as moves with the scent of cotton candy around him.

Report Post Tip

Nyx walked aroun Her and Penny's creation, it pleased Nyx to see just how much it was going good to far. She wasnt worried about that tho, Penny was a charmer and ppl just seemed to flock to her. Hand buried in popcorn bag as she weaved in and out of the different games, she seen Vandlgat stalk off from a dart booth, a look that said, he would be back to pop every damn balloon there was. Nyx chuckled and knew he would.

Nyx continued to walk along, stopping here and there, asking how each booth worker was doing and such. Nyx glanced at the roller coaster and pondered if she dared, it had been ages since shes ridden one. So with that thought, she tossed uneaten popcorn in the trash and came up to wait in line for the coaster.

In no time at all, Nyx was next in line. "Ohhhh hell yeah, I call front!" Nyx yelled and dashed to claim the front. Making sure she was locked in the worker winked at her and asked, "No weapons on you?". Nyx smiled ever so sweetly and shook her head, "Nope, not this time", the worker looked at her with a arched brow, shrugged and left to check the rest of the riders.

Nyx glanced over her shoulder just as the guy went to pull the switch to start the ride, arms shot up and Nyx began to giggle as the thrill of the ride was about to hit her..

Report Post Tip

LordBlackwod was in Detroit, walking around Corktown....when he heard there was a carnival in town. This was the perfect place to blend into a crowd and be able to meet people without being noticed so much. Blackwod had called someone he needed to speak to over there as well. As he was walking by the stalls, he notices a familiar face!!!

What are you doing here?!?! This your stall Penny?!?!

Blackwod goes around the side and gives her a hug and a kiss on the cheek! 

Its been a while since I have seen you, how are you? I love this thing you got going on here though! 

Penny hands Blackwod a ball "Try it". Blackwod smiles and reaches in his pocket, gives Penny a stack of cash. She nods her head and refuses. 

This isn't for me. Its for the kids!!! 

Blackwod looks around at all the munchkins running around. 

Put it on my tab let these kids have a ball...this should pay for them. As for me!!! Lets get together in a bar or something for a drink later? You can pick where. I am sure I am bound to see you around here somewhere!!! 

Blackwod gives her a kiss and continues to walk deeper into the carnival conducting his business in the mob of people. The perfect cover!!!

Report Post Tip

Penny strolled through her creation, she watched the kids running around the giggles the laughter it made her day. There were lots of adults as well hard mobsters enjoying the day with their families and groups of guys all over trying to impress the girls with stuffed animal wins. She walks down by the games noticing Vandlgat hand the attendant a $10 for the Balloon Darts, so she decided to sit back and watch. Miss... Hit.... Miss, she could see the frustration in his face as he began to walk away. 

"Vandlgat, where you going. You gave him $10, its only $1 per game you still have 9 more games to go... now get back there and go pop those balloons"

Penny chuckled and continued on throughout the carnival, she saw Nyxie in the distance she was butting in line to get on the Roller Coaster. So Penny walked up to the coaster leaned up against the gate and watched as Nyxie threw her hands up in the air screaming like she was 13 all over again. An attendant approached Penny he was in dire need of a break and couldn't find the manager on duty. 

"I will watch your booth go take your break but hurry your ass back, I don't have all day"

While manning the booth she heard a familiar voice "What are you doing here" She turned to see LordBlackwod, I didn't know you were in Detroit you should have told me. The two conversed back and fourth for just a moment and decided to meet up at the Halcyon Lounge later for some drinks and to catch up.

Report Post Tip

SamUnderwood has been seeing flyers all around the cities about the Grand Opening of Corktown Carnival at 15600 Trumbull Street on March 5th, 2015.  I decided to check it out since it has been awhile since I had been to a carnival.  Missing the young days going to the carnival to go on the rides, play all the games they have, and even the food. I wonder if they have the basketball hoop game, and knocking down the cans.  He goes into his bedroom and looks at the calendar to check if he had any plans today.  "Great.  I have nothing scheduled for today.  The ladies are taking care of the store today.  I'll probably check out the Carnival today and hopefully I'll come back with a few friends next time."  He goes into his closet and grab his fleece jacket and gym shoes and walks out the door.  The carnival was about twenty minutes away from my apartment.  He puts on gloves as he felt the cold wind hit him as he got outside.  

Twenty minutes later, he arrived at the Carnival.  He looked up and saw the big Corktown Carnival sign.  You could hear the sound of laughter, screaming, and bells as I walked closer towards the ticket booth.  The sign said $10.00 to enter.  "Not to bad of a price.  That's cheap compared to other places.  This price includes the ride fees!  Can't wait to ride everything.  Hope the lines aren't to long."  I walked up towards the booth and I saw a older lady who was in charge.  "Ten Dollars."  I grabbed a ten dollar bill from my wallet and handed it to her.  "Give me your hand, I gotta stamp something on it."  I gave her my hand and she stamped it and I looked at my hand it said Carnival 3/6/15.  "Haha,  that's interesting.  I guess everybody who came today has the same stamp to show that they paid."    

As I walked past the entrance,  I saw all the concession stands around and games.  I walked straight and started seeing a few rides.  On the right side, I saw the bumper cars and the Ferris wheel behind it. I walked up a bit more, and started seeing parts of the roller coaster.  "This roller coaster looks like a big one.  I wonder how long it is."   I looked up and saw the ride had three loops  after a giant drop from up top.  I could feel my heart starting to beat fast thinking about the high drop. I walked towards the ride entrance and realized the line wasn't to long, but notice a few people started to line up behind me.  "Phew.  Glad I got here before the line started to get longer." I got off the ride, and tried to catch my breathe.  "WOW!  Wasn't expecting it to be that intense.  I would totally do that again!"  I started walking towards the concession stands.  "Can I have a soda pop?  A dollar please."  I handed the girl a dollar and grabbed my drink and sat down and enjoying my drink.  "Maybe that's enjoy for today.  I better go back to the shop and help the ladies out."  I finished my drink and tossed it into the trash can, and walked towards the exit.  "Thank You for visiting Corktown's Carnival.  See you again, sir!" 

Report Post Tip

After handing the Cotton Candy lady $2 for a Blueberry ball of delicious sugary delight, he hears Penny's voice coming from the direction of games,"Vandlgat, where you going. You gave him $10, its only $1 per game you still have 9 more games to go... now get back there and go pop those balloons!" and Penny continues to walk through her creation. 

Paranoid and slightly embarrassed that an attractive woman witnessed his failure, Vandlgat grabs his cotton candy and proceeds back to the Balloon Dart tent, attempting to bite into the warm sculpture of sugar strings as it melts on contact.

"Back so quick? I take it that the first try was a warm up." the Balloon Dart attendant says playfully as Vandlgat brings himself closer to his spot to once again test his ability.

Vandlgat tries to sound out the words,"I wanna go again," through his stuffed mouth.

The Balloon Dart attendant hands Vandlgat 3 darts,"You know the rules, sir. Give it a try when you're ready."

"Hold my candy." Vandlgat hands the cotton candy to the Balloon Dart attendant the hold.

He prepares himself, drawing back to fire.....

Hit!

"That's the way to do it!" the Balloon Dart attendant says in support,"One more and you're a winner!"

Vandlgat gives the attendant a smirky grin and mumbles,"I got this, buddy." He draws back to fire.....

Hit!

Vandlgat exhales a sigh of relief.

the Balloon Dart attendant hands the cotton candy back to Vandlgat, claps, and says,"You're a winner! Which stuffed animal would you like?"

Vandlgat points to the giraffe while taking bites from the cotton candy. He takes the stuffed animal he won as prize."Keep the change," he says to the Balloon Dart attendant and continues toward the rides. Vandlgat is now pleased with is dart game.

Report Post Tip

Adorkable comes across the Corktown Carnival and decides to stop in. She pays the ten dollar fee to enter in the carnical. She wanders around a bit before she spots a booth selling deep fried oreoes. She has always wanted to try one of these. She walks up and purchase an order. Once she gets it, she takes a bite and instantly falls in love. She decides not to get a second order just to help keep her figure. She walks over to the carnival games and decides to makes some kids days. She walks over to all the kids and hands each of them a twenty dollar bill to have fun and play games with. Once she hands out money to all of the kids at the carnival. She changes her mind and decides to get another order of fried oreos before she leaves to go conduct her usual shenanigans around town.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Corktown Carnival
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL