Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 18:01:40
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Locals online notifier Started by: BreakingBen on May 29, '09 11:51
I think it could help out tremendously if we were able to go to the Locals section and see who was online and in your own city, as oppossed to looking down below and then trying to find their name and then scrolling back up and then move page from page.

It would be a lot easier to ask someone to trade pick pockets if we didnt have to continuously scroll up and down.

What do you guys think?
Report Post Tip
I agree with the locals section, a fast and easy way to find people or maybe a find option, where you can narrow down search results to find a particular mobster or rank etc. I like the idea.
Report Post Tip
It removes the challenge of finding your targets during the war and pretty much negates the info skill.
Report Post Tip
I'd have to agree with Gravol on this, otherwise as she said, we'd have no challenge with whacking and wars.
Report Post Tip
sounds good to me
Report Post Tip
For once, I'm not sure I agree with our darling Gravol.

The suggestion, as I understand it, is to include an indication of who is online (be in in the form of an additional column giving the last active time or some sort of marker to identify them as being online).

I don't see this having much impact on wars (any war general that doesn't spot online enemies is already struggling to manage the war, they shouldn't need a highlighted local list to do this) (also, if a shot is to be taken, most will try to shoot first, then hitlist if required and shoot again in any event... so again, no big change).

This change could be done in conjunction with the existing info skill (e.g. you only see the active time if you already see them in the local list the way it currently stands), so again, no huge change there.

My issue with this is, it rewards the lazier players not the hard working ones. If I want to find an active pp target (or an active member for a muc, or any other reason), I'll put a little work in to find them. This change isn't "required", it just helps speed up certain things. I'm not hugely against it (it does make life easier), but I also don't believe it's "needed" (do a little work, and the information this would provide is already there).
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Locals online notifier
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL