Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:39:06
Page:  1 
The Curious Case of SalvatoreGato Started by: Marietta on May 30, '09 00:15
As many of you may have heard, through the grapevines across the country's underworld I have removed my long standing Captain, SalvatoreGato, from This Thing of Ours. Yes, many of you noticed he was missing for quite some time. Well after a painful week and almost thirteen million dollars in moving expenses, I finally managed to transfer most of of his remaining family to new headquarter premises, where they have already begun to work for other Detroit Captains.

All of that should be well and good enough for me to say today in public. Yet, while you should not have any explanation at all, since this is most definitely Detroit's business, the overwhelming amount of mobmails and private coffee shop conversations over the past few weeks have led me to this point today. I am about to explain, as briefly as is possible for someone as chatty as myself, the thought process that aided in my decision making.

A long time ago, when SalvatoreGato first appealed to me to take over for the Gato Regime from then Don LouisGato, it only made sense as he was the Right Hand to that faction. He had devoted much of his time and effort into the family, and the family truly banded around him and loved working for him. At first, things went quite well, if I do say so myself. Those original members of Salvatore's family worked hard, kicked ass, ranked and were happy.

Then Salvatore, unfortunately, had an accident in his other life, one that affected him deeply and left him visibly shaken. Understandably, as I'm sure you would all agree, he needed some time to recover. I was patient with him during his rehabilitation; he was only able to muster up enough energy to be active every few days or so, but his Right Hand was doing well and the family continued to work hard, so we couldn't very well say much.

One day Salvatore mailed me, telling me that he had made a full recovery, which we celebrated. He was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, and pushing up his sleeves and getting all the work that needed to be done complete.

And then, without warning, he disappeared for a little longer than a week. The family was shaken, I could tell, and a few of them reached out to me for help and sympathy. I debated about what to do, for this was a unique situation that I had never been in before. Usually when a Captain went IA, they at least told me beforehand. Then as suddenly as he had disappeared, he was back, apologizing profusely. Asking for my forgiveness, which I then gave to him for he was a good Captain.

Thus began the yo-yo pattern that was our business relationship with the head of the Gato Regime. He would come, leaving behind a string of corrupt, stubborn and ineffective people in his director's chair, only to bounce back again and again, spinning and apologizing for what had transpired in his absence.

It was my fault that the decision to replace the Gato Regime came too late. Never before did I think it would be a problem to delay a little longer on setting up a new Captain, or delay a little longer on removing the family from it's headquarters.

Had I known, however, the amount of humiliation and devastation these men and women would have suffered from the public, I would have moved much more quickly. Many of the Gato Regime died because of cocky mobsters from other cities who were joking at that crew's expense. Many of them faced ridicule about their family, and for that I want to apologize to each and every one of them for having gone through that situation at all. My only hope now is that they will move on, and live their lives to the fullest as better mobsters under better leadership. The dark times are over, and I am happy to celebrate with them as they begin their new paths in a new family.

As for me... I have what they call the memory of an elephant. So while they, the men and women of the Gato Regime, can move on, I cannot. For I will dwell upon every act against them- against my city- during their time of despair. I will dwell and I will be furious over what occurred...

For I have heard the stories about the 'behind closed door' whisperings over this situation. I know who is responsible for having said things against me and my city, those who are behind the shots that have been taken at Mister Gato's body guards and family members. All I can say is that after the amount of respect, reprieves and second-chances I have granted to many of the cities and leaders out there, the amount of disrespect I and my soldatos were shown during this fiasco is sickening to me.

As I said, I know who is responsible for the words of discontent and the casual, flippant actions, and I warn you here now:

In the future, I will not be so understanding towards you and your families, as you did not show me the same courtesy in return. Whatever the situation that arrives, you best hope and pray that you are not on the opposite side of that fence from me.

Good day.
Report Post Tip
Well said and you did the right thing Marrietta. An nactive family is never a good thing
Report Post Tip
We in New York Support Marietta and Detoit in this time.

She had ahard choice to make, but made it because it was her job and duty as a crew leader.

For all thoes that stood in the shadows, shouting sly remarks and comments about Detroit, your disrespect

is appauling, some of you have already been dealt with im sure, but trust i gurntee Marietta knows everything.

Maybe you can make things right by apgolizing or maybe you can't.

For all the things Marietta has done for our lives, id expect people to show quite a bit more respect.

Shakes his head in shame
Report Post Tip
I know this was a hard choice Godmother but it was the only thing you could do. Mr Gato was a friend of mine and its sad to see him go but things happen it's part of our world. I respect your decision and wish you and det the best of luck.

RIP Mr. Gato
Report Post Tip
caius stepped up and inhaled deeply on the cowboy killer he was nursing like a baby... trying to find words...

Godmother, you have made a choice I don't think any of us could've made. I commend you on it, it merely shows that you belong right where you are.

As for the individuals... who enjoy creeping in the shadows and disrespecting my favorite Godmother... well :) run and hide.

caius pats his pistol... and walks off, lighting another smoke as he thinks about his past life
Report Post Tip
It's always hard to make a tough decision like the one you just made. I know you were trying to give Gato the benefit of the doubt especially when he said he was back and ready to work even harder than before. To have him disappear again was a very unfortunate thing.

What the certain others in neighboring cities need to realize is that this was a Detroit issue, not a Seven Cities issue. Gato being inactive wasn't hurting anyone else. Why should anyone else care when we were going to come to a decision about Gato. They have no idea what was going on with him. I believe you made the best decision possible and waited as long as you could before just wiping out his entire family and said "oh well". What kind of leader would that make you look then? Only a heartless tyrant would do such a thing in haste.

Giving him more than enough time to return only shows that Detroit does look out for it's own.
Report Post Tip
I thought something might happen with him being In Active and all..

Shame he did and it had to come to this but as BlackHand said..

"An nactive family is never a good thing"
Report Post Tip
Leans against his favorite Oil Lamp Post

Seems you put a lot of thought and patience behind this. Something in our world that tends to be forgotten I fear, patience that is. It is a shame people took advantage of the situation on both sides, openly mocking a family as well as that leader not handling business in the most prof. manner.

I wish not to debate publicly the situation at hand or even everyones comments but Aurora you say this:

Gato being inactive wasn't hurting anyone else. Why should anyone else care when we were going to come to a decision about Gato.

If you would a differing view on that privately we can discuss in more general terms.

Marietta if anything is needed, let me be the first to put my hand out in letting you know Fort Izzel will do as it can to help.
Report Post Tip
As a fellow Captain in Detroit I know what its like to make hard desicions. I have had to make maybe 1 or 2 myself but not as heavy as this.

Putting The Gato Regime was the last thing Godmother Marietta wanted to do but it had to be done as it wasn't fair on the other family members sitting in a HQ with no idea whats going on and no RHM or LHM to guide them along aswell.

I respect Marietta to the highest point possible on here. She is my mentor and I look up to her and learn from her. I know this would of been an extremely hard desicion to be made. Marietta you are one Godmother I will tell you, You make such hard decisions and still continue on and remain to lead your great city along. There are three words I can some up to describe my Godmother and her decisions those three words are..

One Remarkable Woman.

Marietta you know Im always here as your Captain, Son and Best Friend that I will help you through tough times and tough decisions.

As your your decision today is such a hard one to make I salute you.

Stands to attention and salutes his Godmother/Mom/Best Friend
Report Post Tip
I am guessing that this marrietta is an important woman so I will be saying that your decision about the unfortunate mister gato had been a neccessary one and I am sorry that it has been hurting you in this way.
Report Post Tip
Marietta,

I know the decision was hard. I hoped that you wouldn't have to go through something like this, but, what can I do? Sal gave a lot of those in Detroit a home, including me. I'll never forget that. You're a strong person to make the choice you have today, and I respect you for that. I respect Sal and Louis for everything they've done for The Gato Regime and Detroit.
Report Post Tip
The decision was your to make Marietta, I'm sure many who now know about this situation believe you did the right thing. I believe that you did it better than anyone else could have, you have the experience needed to know what to do in that kind of a situation. You shouldn't beat yourself up about it, everyone makes mistakes, even God himself.
Report Post Tip
My mom was part of the Gato Regime. And though Sal was a good friend of the family, I can see where you're comin' from, Godmother Rossi. It's truly a shame that he's not been able to recover well enough from his other worldly accident in order to completely rejoin our way of life, as he was a great Mafioso once. I know my mom loved every minute of workin' with him up until the accident.

It's good to see these other guys gettin' a chance to move on. I remember hangin' out at the Gato HQ as a kid and I know a lot of 'em have got some real potential. They deserve this chance.

I'm not so sure I'd've been so lenient with the people that've taken advantage of this situation, but that's clearly your decision. You are a much kinder and much more forgiving person than me. It's fuckin' disgusting to know that people think it's okay to just take pop shots at someone workin' for you or their bodyguards. Such disrespect is intolerable.
Report Post Tip
I have to standby and respect Marietta's decision here even though seeing SalG fo out this way has pained me. I had a good relationship with Sal as RH/LH for LouisGato, we respected eachotheer and both gained auth at the same time, which made it even more special.

Those people who have shown any dis-respect to SalG and his family should be ashamed. I personally was involved in arguement with a certain crewleader in the coffee shops who started throwing accusations which in future will not be toleratd as Marietta ahs stated.

Sal, ou were likee my brother and i will miss you dearly. RIP bud.
Report Post Tip
I respect you Godmother because even when things get tough and decisions have to made. You still put business b4 friendship. THat's the mark of great leadership. You are a great leader.
Report Post Tip
The actions that were took against Gato, as much as it pains us, were well implace because a just a noble person placed those actions on him. Through showing the sacrifice of a good friend, Marietta was merely looking out for the city she protects better than anyone I know. I say to the people that were laughing and committing unjust offences against Detroit then, we are not ashamed to have a godmother that will put her cities needs infront of her own feelings. I am ashamed that when a fellow mobster falls, his brother will look on him and laugh, without helping him up. I hope to see better times unfold and people learn that peace cannot be achieved through rivalry.

Whatever action you took Marietta, I would have supported all the way.
Report Post Tip
Raghnall, let me clarify those two sentences if you will.

What I meant by your quoting my words was, Gato wasn't hurting other cities. Obviously the active members of his family were hurting in the sense that they had no mentor. They had no one to look up to and go to for guidance. They had no structure, or any sense of the word 'family'. They were the ones hurt by Gato being inactive. I'm sorry, I didn't state that in my original response to you all.

What I was trying to get at was, Gato wasn't hurting the other leaders in other cities.

If you still want to discuss this further, you're more than welcome to meet me in private or send me a letter.
Report Post Tip
I had the pleasure of serving the Gato Regime briefly and of course am sad to see Sal's departure. The truth of the matter is simple though with no rhm in place and no leader around people are limited in times of trouble or when needing motivation. Many people dream of one day serving as a captain or family head just be warned the jobs harder then you think and all eyes are on you as shown by the jibes passed detroit way.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Curious Case of SalvatoreGato
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL