Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:15
Page:  1 
Don't Believe Everything Started by: Brick_Pollitt on May 30, '09 19:54
...you see or hear.

Brick, not at all happy about having to venture out to the streets this particular day. He did, after all, leave business affairs in the hands of Jonizzel and duke5078. Unfortunately, after having been approached by several members of the community, he felt compelled to make his way to the streets and teach one more lesson.

Sigh.

Okay, ladies and gentlemen...this shall begin your lesson for the day. I have titled this lesson "Don't believe everything you see or hear."

Maybe I should have titled this lesson "I shall believe what every noob tells me because they ALWAYS tell the truth."

Brick looked through the crowd to make sure the crowd had assembled, and could hear his every word.

Sometimes, people lie. I know, it's shocking. People don't always tell the truth? No, people don't always tell the truth. Not even disrespectful little gangsters who ask for money and are turned down by over half the crewleaders in these cities. NO, not even they tell the truth all the time.

But I realize that when they (the disrespectful gangster) come to you with a story about how a crewleader threatened to kill them if they didn't join that particular crewleader's crew, you are going to take their word for it and assume that particular crewleader engages in ridiculous recruitment practices. Because why would that disrespectful gangster lie?

Well, I'm here to tell you that you can't believe everything you hear or see. And I'm also here to tell you that yes, even stupid gangsters (and no, I'm not saying that all gangsters are stupid) can falsify conversations. So, before you rush to judgment about a member of this community who has gained the respect of his city's Godfather, perhaps you should inquire as to whether that particular RESPECTED member of a city actually engages in the practices he's accused of.

And that, my friends, is your lesson for the day.

And for the cheap seats - New Orleans does not engage in stupid recruitment practices. None of the families in New Orleans threaten to kill you if you don't join our families. All the families in New Orleans have and will continue to seek intelligent requests before we will send you an invite.

So, class is just about over. This is what drives me crazy about this community sometimes. We don't know the difference between a disrespectful GANGSTER and somebody who is Made and a CREWLEADER wtihin these cities. Which one of those deserves the benefit of the doubt? You decide.
Report Post Tip
Mr Pollitt, I can asure you that I barely belive what some of these noobs have to say when it comes to talking about the higher ranked mobsters as simply because what I put some of it down to is jealousy. So noob doesn't like that someone is better then him/her and he/she wants to try and stop them.

I always listen to them and read what they put of course but if it involves disrespect towards a fellow leader then I dont always belive it unless I know it is true myself. I belive you that New Orleans is not threatening city when it comes to invites as that would be pointless, its just yet another noob who doesn't like what he/she see's and they want to put a stop to it.

I always knew not to belive everything I saw or heard. I have learnt that over the years of my life. People lie, People chat aload of bullcrap sometimes aswell. I belive in what I know myself. Unless I know something then I wont always belive it and thats what many people should do, as you never know even your best/close friend could stab you in the back anytime soon. I witnessed that about a week ago, as some of you may know.

Thank you Mr Pollitt for this lesson today. I have taken few things on board and Im 100% sure that New Orleans is a great place to be and send your invite requests to, dont always belive what some new guy to the game has to say.

Dk Shakes Mr Pollitt's hand "Nice speach sir"
Report Post Tip
Your right, people tend to twist things when they don't get there own way. I'm 100% with you on this one Brick, I can't believe why you or any other crewleader would threaten a young gangster to join your crew...Thats just not what happens, your better off without the sort of gangster who is going to go and tell his mommy that you forced him to do something. The only gangsters worth forcing to do something are the ones that are in your family already, they are the ones who can't say no. ;)
Report Post Tip
I find shocking that enough people came to you that you fell the need to come out to the streets. I believe I know who was the little gangster that generated this issue and I of course did not believe a word of it and just forwarded the conversation to Jonizzel so he could deal with the traitor.
Report Post Tip
I have to come in and offer my apologies as the catalyst to this and my poster was my invite.

He and I went back and forth for a long time, he was very rough around the edges and rather abrupt in my initial conversations. I at the beginning flat out told him he was not Fort Izzel or New Orleans material. Once that was said his attitude changed a little, even messaging Brick Pollitt himself to introduce himself in a respectful manner. I decided to give him a second chance and explain a ZERO tolerance policy etc. He was full of questions all were answered. He was even given enough money to help him on his way to running a lucrative Drug Running business. I thought things were starting to turn around for him when just last night he started sending tributes and thanked me for his chance.

Then I came back from a nice day at the resort (on Jono's dime of course) to find all of the notice's of his pure and utter disrespect. He not only lied about how he was invited, but asked other well respected leaders for money and even harassed a poor gentleman in yet another family to drop and join the Fort. As I stated in my poster, we have the highest standards and expectations. Perhaps a second chance was given when it should not have been. BUT I took full responsibility at first notice and took care of the situation then personally contacted anyone whom I saw notice from to say sorry.

What I am most frustrated with and embarrassed about, is that Brick had to be bothered by others regarding this gentleman. Please give my speech a view, I am sure you will feel comfortable leaving Fort Izzel business in the capable hands of Jono and myself.
Report Post Tip
Its commonplace for someone to see something, and rashly act on it without even trying to hear the other side of the story. Im sure it was dealt with in a professional fashion and the people that came to address the problem merely had good intentions but utilized them in a poor way. Its a shame that someone like that managed to get so close to staining your families name but since its been adressed and sorted out people will now look at speeches like this an learn from them for the future. I also totally agree with you when you say if someone earns the respect of his/her godfather then thats usually enough convincing that they wouldnt commit the actions that has been accused of them.

I respect you and your family as I ever have done and hope it has not troubled you too much that this has occured and your honour has been questioned.
Report Post Tip
You spending my money again, Raghnall?

I'm gonna have to cap your spending one day. Need to make a profit you know!

Anyway, on to the topic at hand.

If you believed everything you hear then you would beleive pigs can fly, chickens cross roads and Raghnall is sexy. You gonna tell me you believe all that?

Here at Fort Izzel I like to believe we are very selective on who we let in through the doors. Still don't know how Raghnall got in through. Some say Godfather Pollitt snuck him in one day. At the moment, we only have 11 members, of whom the majoirty are old collegues of Elegido. I think that is proof enough we are trying desperately not to let the riff raff in (again, Raghnall). Sometimes, as in any old building... the rats sneak in. I just consider myself lucky I have extermination controls in place. That's what they're for, right?

Hmmm, I like that. I've talked about selective recruiting while insulting Raghnall.

Good days work I think.
Report Post Tip
I don't think that a crewleader would threaten someone to join thier family because they would'nt know if they could trust them.
Report Post Tip
I'm not surprised by these events. Fact is, lying's part of our way of life. I can't even count how many times someone's been killed on account've something someone's fabricated. I wouldn't listen to a damn thing a gangster says.

It's not really the gangster's business to be contactin' leaders with their grievances directly anyway. If a gangster's got a problem, he should tell his boss about it so the boss can talk to the other leader involved. But first, that gangster's boss should get to the bottom of it and figure out what's what. That'll reduce the slingin' of fictitious accusations since it's usually not hard to figure out when someone's making shit up.
Report Post Tip
Unfortunately we live in a world where idiots sometimes slip through the net and our kindness in seen as weakness to them. It's sad to see but sadly some people will never be worthy material for any city
Report Post Tip
Sir, you bring up a very important topic in today's world. One that I had hoped would never be, bus has shown it's ugly head in the middle of our incredibly profitable era. Substance.

Gangsters, Thugs, Petty Thieves, hell, even civilians will approach one or more of our current leaders, wanting to 'join the mafia'. These people normally have no experience, or they're trying their best off their parents' notes. But in most cases, our newest associates start off poor, with no real physical worth to them. No personality. Nothing to judge them by. Merely a name, at best. Obviously, if someone enters our world with millions of dollars, they would be a valuable addition to the family. However, in most cases, good leaders look at the newbie's potential. It is the potential in each of a family's members that drives it to be better. Rank faster, make more money, etc.

So, in this case, a new civilian off the boats from Sicily decides to speak with one of the local Crimelords. He/she offers his servitude, and is, in turn, given a spot in the family. For this person to go to another family and speak of how life is inside his current family, destroys everything we are trying to do.

Yes, we are mobsters. Yes, we make a living on stealing and various illegal activities. But, we have a code. We are organized crime. It seems some of the new guys haven't gotten there yet. Omerta, as my father called it, is the substance with which we thrive. Familia, Onore, Omerta, these things are all what make up a model mobster. So, when someone in our way of life breaks that, such as this instance with a new member of your family, the person has lost that potential which the leader invited him into the family for. He is worthless. Actually, beyond worthless. He is only bringing down the syndicate. So, this person must be dealt with.

This is something to be worked on, I suppose. Work these ideals into our associates' heads. Force them to learn it so much that their children remember it.

However, Carlo, one thing that isn't helping, is just sitting in a crowd, talking about what makes you sad. I do hope your work life composes of more than just that?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Don't Believe Everything
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL