Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 08:05:04
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Game Change: Balancing Cash In - Cash Out Started by: Squishy on Jun 01, '09 00:17
In the coming weeks the game will undergo several changes that increase the amount of in-game money users can earn. The biggest concern when coding these features is the amount of inflation the mafia dollar will experience.

To curb the amount of money produced by the game to the users, there will be changes made to the bodyguard system with regards to pricing. A flat amount of $250,000 will be tacked on to the price of each bodyguard to help even out the amount of money given out by the game and the amount of money put back into the game.

For example:

Thug bodyguards change in price would be: $500,000 -> $750,000

Goomba bodyguards change in price would be: $1,500,000 -> $1,750,000

To make this more fair towards users purchasing bodyguards compared to those who already have the protection, there will be a retroactive fee placed on every bodyguard currently owned in the game. Each bodyguard in the system will lose 10 health points on top of what their current health is at, which will equate to $120,000 extra in retraining each individual bodyguard.

For example if a bodyguard has 99 health points, it will be reduced to 89 health points and have to be retrained when applicable back to 100 health points if you so choose.

Thanks,

Squishy
Report Post Tip
I love the new idea. Even though it removed more money from my pockets. I just wish I knew before it was implement so I would not have done trainings today :/

But I really like the idea.
Report Post Tip
I think I understand what you are saying Jimmy, its not about the money...as it'll still be the same to retrain at the end of the day no matter how much points are lost... but now they are (best case scenario) and 90% and untrainable.

Can we get the BG's that are below 95% unlocked and available to train?
Report Post Tip
I was going to ask the same thing Odd... It would have been nice to have a bit of notice about this.
Report Post Tip
Good call. I will reset the train dates now.
Report Post Tip
Thank you its much appreciated :D
Report Post Tip
Thank you Squishy. Much appreciated.
Report Post Tip
Have you considered my idea of limiting the amount per rank? if so what do you think about it?
Report Post Tip
boo lol
Report Post Tip
so basically the amount of money we can earn went up(the drugs switching for some,) but the price of protection went up?
Report Post Tip
While some may not agree, this was a good move. Well done!
Report Post Tip
...........I have no words for this change sorry but non at all. Its gonna cost 250k more everytime I buy a BG now... So what happens now if like you brought loads of BG's at thug.. and your price goes upto..

5 million at thug when you become gangster will it drop again or remain the same ?

Also lets say you dont buy any at thug will it then increase upto 1 mil when you become gangster even if you havent brought BG's at thug ?
Report Post Tip
I think you've misunderstood the change DK.

The change is on the base price of a bg. Due to an increase in money avilable (through the change in the drug unit system, mainly), a change in the bg costs helps balance this out.

Under the old system, a bg for a thug cost $500k. Now, a bg for a thug costs $750k. You will never pay $5m for a bg at thug, no matter how many you buy. The cost will be $750k. It's a flat rate increase of $250k for each bg at any rank, not an additional $250k for each additional bg you buy.

The normal $500k per rank still kicks in...

so gangster goes from $1m to $1.25m

and goomba goes from $1.5m to $1.75m... and so on.
Report Post Tip
ahhh... well that explains things then lmao. Sorry Squishy misunderstanding with it hahah silly me. I blame Rourkey for being so dumb hes passed it onto me. :D
Report Post Tip

In the coming weeks the game will undergo several changes that increase the amount of in-game money users can earn. The biggest concern when coding these features is the amount of inflation the mafia dollar will experience.

To make this more fair towards users purchasing bodyguards compared to those who already have the protection, there will be a retroactive fee placed on every bodyguard currently owned in the game. Each bodyguard in the system will lose 10 health points on top of what their current health is at, which will equate to $120,000 extra in retraining each individual bodyguard.

My question is this:

Why are bodyguards that were purchased while the mafia dollar was not inflated having this retroactive fee placed on them? You say it's to make it fair but if it will be easier to make more money then wouldn't it already be fair to those who will be purchasing bodyguards in the future.
Report Post Tip
I don't see any money inflation?

Why the extra cost to make it even of we don't get more money.. ATM i am out of pocket for changes that to me don't make sence and i don't get more money for to make it even... I see it as less even...?

Someone please help me understand if i am wrong..
Report Post Tip
The new drug system means that many/most players are gaining much higher units at much lower ranks, so able to earn a lot more than before the changes. Even at higher ranks, people are earning the units on a progressive basis, not having to wait for the min time on the next rank to earn them.

The introduction of the public/family muc's has also lead to an increase in the money available to users.

I can't speak for anyone else, but since these two changes alone have kicked in, I have noticed a dramatic increase in my daily earnings.
Report Post Tip
I have 1 unit extra than what i used to have so that hits me in the pocket hard with hardly any better way to get the money back...
Report Post Tip
As a Don, you'd normally be waiting until GF to see any increase in your drug units. Under the new system, as you work away, your units will increase. There are a number of Don's, all be it older than yourself, currently able to hold 60 units. So it will have benefits in time.

As a don, you also have the ability to MUC once a day. As one of the stronger members of the community, you should find it relatively easy to succeed on these crimes without requiring much additional help. So, by teaming up with a low ranker/a number of low rankers, you should still succeed at the crimes and keep the line share of the cash (and the points) for yourself. This alone would more than offset the $250k increase in your bg prices. (Depending on your own stats and what crime you go for and with who, you could potentially make up that $250k in a single muc crime)
Report Post Tip

Why the extra cost to make it even of we don't get more money.

You are seeing more money via having more units avilable to you at a much earlier time than the previous system. More units means more profit every drug run.

There is also a new city that will be live very shortly, another city means a better chance of a city having a really high or really low price on drugs. More cities mean more profit every drug run.

Multi User crimes are also giving people a lot more money on a daily basis.

There is another feature coming in very soon that will also greatly increase your profit on a daily basis... All these combined means that there is a huge influx of money - which means we have to find fair ways to remove it from the game. This fair way was in the form of more or less a luxury tax.

Why are bodyguards that were purchased while the mafia dollar was not inflated having this retroactive fee placed on them?

In the past when we have made changes in the game that only effected something from that day forward, the whiners of the site scream out at full volume how unfair is it that "the old players didnt have to pay it, they are so built up, we will ever ever ever be able to catch up now! (stomps around in the dirt and kicks rocks)"

This happens every time a change happens of this nature.

So to cause the undue stress on the admin staff of dealing with this, we thought introducing a retroactive tax would eliminate the whining.

The cost of 120,000 is easily taken back out of the system in the form of 1 button press to complete a MUC. Or a few button presses with the higher units. Or in the form of increased crew taxes that you just received because your members are earning more.
Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Game Change: Balancing Cash In - Cash Out
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL