Get Timers Now!
X

May 07 - 02:28:05
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A Greyer Shade of Pale Started by: Vicodin on Jun 01, '09 05:55
Yes, Manson. The question is related to the individuals who take it upon themselves to shoot the other person back in retaliation. There is no doubt in my mind the punishment that should be handed down to these people, but more along the issue is why it has been unmonitored for a fairly large gap of time; while there has been few incidents, the tags are, for the most part, largely left alone - usually only dealt with when the member carries out on that promise.
Report Post Tip
I agree with you, it's something that always crosses my mind when I see these tags. To give the benefit of the doubt, I'm sure there are instances where the CLs in question haven't seen the tags.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are instances where they have been seen and still not dealt with. I've no idea why that would be the case (as long as it is in direct conflict with the "rules of the house"), it's inexplicable to me that a CL would turn a blind eye to it.
Report Post Tip
To be completely honest, anyone walkin' around with a sign that says they're gonna shoot you for swiping your wallet is full of shit. Most of the time, they don't even have the skill to back up that threat. Regardless though, they're taking business into their hands that doesn't belong there. Yeah, if they're Made, they should be able to take care of themselves, but jus' shooting people up makes you look less like a person handling your business and more like a guy that doesn't give a shit about your family's image.

It's fucking ridiculous how much drama pickpocketing causes these days. Say a guy shoots the thief right away. The dead guy's boss is gonna be pissed, so he rings up the boss of the shooter. "What the fuck's your guy doin' shootin' my guy?" he'll say and if the shooter's boss has any guts, he'll defend his guy, sayin' something like "What's your guy doin' jackin' my guy's wallet?" Then they'll start arguing about whose city's whose and next thing you know, these two families aren't gettin' along so well. We all know how that ends up.

In a perfect world, none of this would be an issue. People would know better than to take from a well-established Mafioso. Or, at the least, they'd give their victim some head's up (as much sense as that makes). But this doesn't happen, so we've gotta make do with what we've got.

So, if you get your wallet stolen and you wanna whine about it like a little girl, do so to your boss so he can take care of it correctly. Don't take out your gun and start shooting.

Besides, it's just a few thousand bucks. Grow up.
Report Post Tip
Well living in and belonging to an openly stated PP friendly city and family my opinion is based on that matter. If I were to shoot at someone just because they took a couple bucks from my pocket then a. I take this WAY too seriously and b. I should be punished according to my family rules. Sure I piss and moan sometimes about having People rape my pockets for 5 grand at a time, but I get over it by dealing some drugs and picking someone elses pockets in return. I don't think that shooting is an appropriate way to handle being picked.
Report Post Tip
People wear these signs, mostly are simple threats while very few can carry the threat out.

You see small time goombas walking around saying "Pickpocket me and ill wack you", although it seems like your tough - in reality your lucky to be alive.

When this was introduced, I believe the intent was for no punishments, no deaths, and a simple 'fun' and non harmful (except for losing 5k or less) activity for mobsters to do, but unlike most things in our world it has been taken to an extreme for the worst. The only people that can change things are at the top of our world, and no matter what everyone wants - what they so goes.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Greyer Shade of Pale
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL