Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 10:56:02
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Witness Statements Started by: SirSammyRourke on Jun 01, '09 19:01
Sitting on irc with Frankie and Jailer, we got to talking about the topic of Witness Statements. It is agreed that there should be some modifications, and this is what we came up with.

There should be less WS's sent out for shots. We're all in agreement that WS's still should be sent out, but there should be some different factors in who gets the statement, and how often it goes out. In realistic terms, not EVERY hit in the mob was witnessed by someone and if it was they kept their mouth shut and it was like it never happened.(So no real witness to be found.)

So; the basics, the higher info skill you have, the more likely you are to catch a statement(it may be like this already, not sure.) The higher stealth you have, the less chance you have of your WS getting sent out. The higher ranked you are, the more likely it should be you get a statement(realistically, if you're a Don, you KNOW what to be watching for, you're expecting it, etc.) And vice versa, the higher ranked you are, it should be less likely to get caught(You're a consig, you're going to know how to kill without being caught, whereas a gangster is going to be sloppy in his ways.)

We couldn't all agree on a proper ratio, but I think 1:5 is about right(obviously it could be tweaked to factor in your rank/info/stealth/gun.) Meaning for every five shots that are taken, four witness statements should be sent out. The fifth, POOF! No one gets it. Jailers point was it would add a new level to the game. If say a random CL died, and no one caught the WS, then it would get people talking, cause some ruckus. I completely agree, it would make things more interesting. Of course the counterpoint to the argument is that people would be taking shots more often just to stealth them. That's where the rank/skill comes in, the people shooting aren't going to know their chances of stealthiness as they don't know their skill levels.

So all in all the factors to be included when coding this would be (stealth,info,rank,and gun skill.)
Report Post Tip
Vent* I meant Ventrilo, not irc.
Report Post Tip
HES ON IRC!!! GET HIM!!!
Report Post Tip
That's not funny Frank-o!
Report Post Tip
So you're saying the only pro to this is that "it would add a new level to the game" and "would get people talking, cause some ruckus?"
Report Post Tip
No, I'm saying that's a pro. :) There's certainly more
Report Post Tip
It should be the higher you are ranked the more likely there is to be a ws because someone is going to see a gf die
Report Post Tip
I do like this idea Sammy, it would cause a lot of "Ruckus"

among other things.

and i dont think it would be to hard to code in but then again im no coder.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Witness Statements
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL