Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 17:37:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Death Penalty, The Only Penalty? Started by: RichardRizzo on Jun 01, '09 19:09
It is never really is black & white and trying to come up with 'rules' and 'policy' is quite pointless. Our Thing is too flexible and free to be governed by any rules, except Honor, Respect and the Omerta itself.

As far as taxing folks for breaking rules - that's the leader's call. Often leaders will vouch for highly valued members (which tend to be mademen or above) and arrange for some monetary compensation for the offense. Again, it's all case-to-case.
Report Post Tip
Please for the love of god do not say we need people to vouch for others

Focus has a CP flashback

why cannot we just let the leaders do as they want in thier own cities? If you have a halfwitted member break rules, you punish as you see fit. Answering to nobody!

Now if the other families believe you are letting people get away with shit tto much, they take action. Nothing new here folks!

What someone tolerates one day may in fact6 get your ass WACKED! the next.

Too many NEW rules I say.

Our way of life has one rule, and that is survival of the fittest.

The death penalty is not too harsh I say. We cannot stop people from being stupid, we can however make it harder for them to maintain that stupidity level by killing thier ass for acting stupid.

We all make rules in our HQ's about what is acceptable and what is not. Having the membvers read and study them and memorize them.

For what?

So they can just go out and act retarded and pay a fine?

We already kill people for disobedience,and we still have idiots breaking the same rules over and over. Making the penalty less of a punishment will make it far worse.
Report Post Tip
Focus, I believe you misunderstood me.
Report Post Tip
How about a three strikes rule? First time, you pay them back in full, second, multiply what you took by 10-100, third, you get shot...

If some one doesn't learn, maybe their kids will, otherwise, they to will die, I don't think pickpocketing is that great a crime to deserve a death sentence, cut off the hand that sins and every man alive will have no hands, how ever, if you taxed him first, then took his hand, most men would learn, fearing lose of their hand.
Report Post Tip
I think it has just become common now and thats what leaders think they must do in order to stay alive, there have been some leaders who don't like the death penalty. I personally don't see the point there are other ways...

(ooc) That person who the leaders just killed would usually come back and rank up again, it doesnt make sense in killing them, there should be three strikes your out in my opinion.
Report Post Tip

So they can just go out and act retarded and pay a fine?

We already kill people for disobedience,and we still have idiots breaking the same rules over and over. Making the penalty less of a punishment will make it far worse.

I'm saying that Taxation would be one of the penalties to be handed down. And who's to say that it would be automatically set at 500k? Tax 'em, take their gun. For some reason they get bull headed and do it again, tax 'em, take their gun, demote 'em. Whatever the case is.
Report Post Tip
Leaders who kill over a pickpocketing first offense show a weak back bone. Pickpocketing isn't that terrible, Smash a hand, ask for a fine, maybe, shoot... only if this isn't the first offense. Ya, leaders need to do what much be done, but they also need to keep their back strait so people don't get it in their heads that that leader is weak and scared... and therefore an easy target for a bored hit squad.

So yes, Pick pockets have to have SOME punishment, but killing over it... is stupid, Fine/warn them, Demote/Fine them, then kill them.... But don't jump right to the killing. A leaders job is to protect their family first, even if a family member did something wrong, you take their life as a last choice, not a first.

ooc: Death is the ultimate punishment... you can banishing their next accounts, true, but that's purely stupid, if their kids haven't learned, oh well, they're HS fodder. PP-ing is not that great a crime, it's a PETTY to shooting some one!!! We don't need to kill over it, it's not so terrible loosing 5k... Frankly, it's not the 5k that annoy people though, it's the "dishonor" of being hit... wine wine moan moan, STOP Whimpering about it, it's not painful, you gain points from it as well.
Report Post Tip
I'm kind of amazed how 90% of you are eager to connect this debate to PP.
Report Post Tip
Just happens to be a good example. :P
Report Post Tip
I'll apologize in advance for not listening to everybody who's responded to this particular speech. I just don't have a lot of time tonight.

This is an interesting speech, and I'd like to clear a couple of things up. The punishment for ALL things is NOT death. I don't want people walking these streets assuming they are going to die for the slightest slip. That's just not the case. Especially in a community where we have a lot of new bloodlines joining us every day. Some require more teaching than others; some require a second chance.

I would also say I agree with Odd - the penalty for disrespect should always be death. That's the bottom line. Sometimes, however, I think we mistake ignorance for disrespect. Ignorance may not be excusable, but perhaps the penalty should be different and not necessarily as severe as the penalty for disrespect.

So, my bottom line is this...punishments vary by the violation that occurs.
Report Post Tip
Yes disrespect is mainly the issue here... disrespect and honest mistakes must be regarded seperatly though... a person can make an honest mistake and set a disrespectful mode to his victim. If this is the case, i mean the guy did a mistake because of his ignorance with our ways of life and was honest enough to apologize for it and take his punishment like a man. He should get a less severe sentence than the death penalty. But... if he deliberatly does something that the rules forbides, than... it's another story. Especially if he gets on with things as they were without trying to fix his error. Well... it all comes down to respect. You dont respect and know what you are doing? You die, that's that!

-The Sneak!
Report Post Tip
I have never been in a family with punishment for pickpocketing someone against their wishes would result in your death, here i think only a few things warrant death. Blatant disrespect, breaking the rules, and war.
Report Post Tip
The only reason i see from people who's doing some pickpocket is filling their achievement, because we cant get rich by doing it so i personally don't consider pickpocket as an attack. and i don't think is necessary to take people live just because someone has lost 5k from their pocket.

respect is the reward for our effort, rank and structural position not because of we putting some "dont PP me or i'll put a big hole in your head" text in our quote. so do your best effort for your crew, rank up and get an important structural position that will make people respect you before they try to PP you.
Report Post Tip
I think you're all kinda missing the point about Pickpocketing. I'm 99% sure, that nobody really cares about the 5k that whoever might take. The thing that really pisses me off, is the fact that I have 'No Pickpocketing' tattoo'd on my body, clear for all to see, and people just ignore it. It's a blatant disrespect towards myself, or anyone else who specifically says that you are not allowed to pickpocket them.

If you had sent me a message, asking if you could pickpocket me and i said no, would you still go right the fuck ahead and do it? I think not.

Back to the original point of this thread. The only punishment is death. People have to learn their lesson the hard way. You can't afford to be lenient in this life of ours.

V.
Report Post Tip
Also, i seem to be coming down with OOCitis, I apologise.

V rushes himself to the nearest hospital to receive his meds
Report Post Tip
Think about it, if you felt someone digging into your pocket and watch them quickly turn and run away with some of your hard earned money, wouldn't that make you wanna reach into your holster, withdraw your handy-dandy side-arm and squeeze off a few rounds into them? Unless you're a PP-Friendly person, of course.
Report Post Tip
Its a great idea one that I personally like to see adopted a lot more in the game, but I'm not sure that you could put the idea into practice. If a goomba for instance who still hasn't read the tutorial or the family rules pick pockets a Made Man and your punishment is the withdrawal of a gun i'm not sure the goomba is going to give a flying fuck.

To be honest as much as I like the idea, the only way to get these obnoxious goomba's and other newbies to listen is to kill immediately.

In the end it wasn't that they pick pocketed someone which could be resolved by a fine, the real problem is that they have not payed attention they have not read the rules and they have broken our sacred laws.

And the only punishment for breaking these laws is death.
Report Post Tip
Its understandable for a gangster/thug/petty thief, but like Leone said if anyone that is higher ranking than that is going around PP'ing without permission than that is like a slap in the face if you carry a distinct NO-PP policy and that person deserves what's coming to them.
Report Post Tip

To be honest as much as I like the idea, the only way to get these obnoxious goomba's and other newbies to listen is to kill immediately.

It's hard to listen if your ears arent attached to your head. Each individual Crew Leader will hand down whatever punishment they see fit. With taxing, taking away guns, and demoting, the idea is shape this at-the-moment-connected-guy into a future Soldato. If they're obnoxious, there can always be a Made Guy or Captain to straighten them out.
Report Post Tip
I think the Death penelty is used so much because it is attached to most rules. Some CL's have death peneltys for PP, and everyone had it for direspect, un autherised wacking and been unloyal.

By the CL's having "If you do such a thing you will be killed", I dont think the CL will let it pass if broken. The simplest way not to get the death penelty is to not break the rules. And I find it pretty sad if you cnnot resist PP somone. It is a simple thing to show respect to someone and can still have an opinion without been direspectful.

The only way which I can think of someone who broke a rule is death.

But all and all I think there should be some other kind of punichment such as all of your money taking of you. No matter how much it is. And if protected, a few of them could be taken from you. Your gun can be taken off you or demoted.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Death Penalty, The Only Penalty?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL