Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 13:33:31
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Missing people Started by: Vlad_III on Jun 01, '09 19:27
What if as well as missing someone or getting a wackback when you try to kill someone there was a third possibility - maybe hitting somebody else by mistake? I think this would make the game better as there it would create very funny or annoying occurences. In the mafia world where people are often travelling in the entourages or sitting around a table this would also be very possible to happen as well. Maybe it could be confined to people in the same crew or it could be just anyone that you are hitting instead of your target. This of course would happen very rarely compared to the other possibilities but what are you're thoughts?
Report Post Tip
So, by introducing the possibility of killing a friend, it's better? Because it would be funny?

... I think you may not be at the right game.
Report Post Tip
Im not sure this idea would be the bets, but if you really like it i think you could make it that the people who come after and before the victim in the locals list should be at risk.
Report Post Tip
I can't personally see any benefit to this at all.

Fair enough, it adds an extra element to the thought process of who/when to wack... but the people who would suffer are innocent players who have done nothing wrong.

All it adds is randomness into the game. While things like a 1% kill or a 1% miss also do this, they add a positive randomness which is part of the system and the effects of which can be weighed up with known outcomes... I can't see this suggestion providing anything positive.
Report Post Tip
I like this, but not allowing this system to kill other players. It's just too random. What I would like is if you try to wack someone with BGs, maybe you miss, but hit a BG. That's realistic, and more realistic than a Don dying just because of a random crossfire...
Report Post Tip

I hate this idea...

You line up to shoot an IA, or in a different case a rulebreaker in your crew. And instead of hitting him, you shoot at a GF of a city.....

that and there would be the biggest shitstorm of abuse of this as well. The newest craze would be:

"oh shit he died? musta been that weird assed wack system. As I would NEVER, EVER! shoot at a crewleader!"

Report Post Tip

I dont like this idea at all. It would be so stupid if you were in a war with another family, and instead of shooting your target, you shot someone in there crew, then your open for an easy shot, cuz you couldn't aim the gun right!

Now, i understand how you say people get shot in crossfires, so to some extent, I guess it could work. But usually, as you would notice, it is Civilians that get shot. Not other family members, or anything.

So if this random thing was to happen, then it should hit a Civ, and no one Thug and Up.

Report Post Tip

I dont like this idea at all. It would be so stupid if you were in a war with another family, and instead of shooting your target, you shot someone in there crew, then your open for an easy shot, cuz you couldn't aim the gun right!

Sorry I meant *Your*crew, not *there* crew

Report Post Tip

I agree, this sounds like the problems it would cause would out number any interesting twist it would bring to the game.

Report Post Tip

I wouldnt see how this would work with IA's. It would be sad if you were just building your gun and then you end up shooting someone who is sponsered. It could bring war.

If you were to introduce this, it is almost like random wacking. Going for someone and hope for the best?

Report Post Tip

I'm sorry, this is a horrid idea.

Could do wars and fights.

Report Post Tip

The idea has potential.

The witness statements would have to be revised for this though.

You witnessed XXXX attempt to shoot at XXXX killing/missing XXXX in the crossfire

You attempted to wack XXXX killing/missing  XXXX in the crossfire

Of course just because you missed some one, does not mean you automatically hit someone else. Also, after the shot passes over the first person it could become more liable for a miss. Like after the shot passed the first person, the other shot could only represent 1/4 or less of the shooters wack ability.

It could be made to be exceptionally rare, rarer than wackbacks, maybe the chance of it happening could be rank dependent also. I would say this because it could represent the persons intelligence/experience, like not to shoot when somebody is behind another person.

Or it could act as a medium between You miss your target and lose your gun and Your gun  explodes in your hand causing death. I always thought that the jump between losing your gun and dying was a little extreme, this could even that out a little. You shoot another person, it's worse than losing your gun, but it is better than dying. It also adds more realism in the game, not just from being hit, but from you accidentally shooting another person.Yeah, maybe once in a blue moon some random person might die, but this is a dangerous business.

Things considered:

Whispers. Maybe it could be generic in the case of accidental shootings, like "Wrong place wrong time" some form of validation would be needed to prevent abuse. Or maybe the whisper could just carry over.

Wackback:  I'm not too sure if it should be allowed a second time.

Treatment: Being an uncontrollable event, should it be considered a threat to someone's life? I think it would depend on the situation, was the person shooting when he was at a low rank, could the person have ever made the shot reliably?

Rules: The bullet would not hit the same person twice. Maybe the second person, if missed on, would only have 1 hour protection, equal to the risk. Since the person shot at two people instead of one, the timer could be two hours then. 

Like mentioned before hand, it would be very rare.

Report Post Tip

I have 2 ideas for chosing the second victim

If someone has you listed as a contact, and you have them listed...then each of you, when in the same city could get crossfire killed. It could be a great way to make your contact list people you actually trust...

If you attempt to wack someone who is in the process of a multi user crime, anyone in the crime with them can get crossifre killed. This would definitely make it an extremely rare instance....

another thought could be a multi kill if they are in a multi user...but that might be pushing an already farfetch'd idea.

Report Post Tip

Maybe the leaders can implement this - if any of their members miss, they have to HQ a member at random!

Report Post Tip

I don't really see the point of it..

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Missing people
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL