Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 18:01:40
Page:  1 
The time has come Started by: Omerta on Nov 05, '07 19:27
My eyes dart nervously around the dark alley as I try to keep myself hidden within the shadows. The only evidence of my presence in the alley is the small red glow from the end of my cigarette as I take a drag. After a few minutes, I drop the butt to the ground and grind it with my foot. I've been waiting for two hours and I can feel the nervous pit in my stomach grow with each passing minute.

I sigh quietly as I check my watch, which is a pointless action in the overwhelming darkness that surrounds me now that my cigarette is out.

Suddenly out of the interminable silence I hear the echo of a set of footsteps on pavement. The noise is faint and because I have wanted to hear it for so long that, at first, I think I'm hearing things. But as the footsteps get louder I know it's not my imagination playing tricks on me. I shift my weight from one leg to another and it feels as if the person walking towards me is going impossibly slow. Without even thinking of it my hand has slowly worked its way to the butt of the gun I have hidden in my coat pocket.

I know I can't mess this up. This is my time to prove myself, its either now or never. I've been doing small crimes, petty things, with little pay out for over a year now, and I'm bored. But I knew the only way to get noticed was to keep my nose to the grindstone and be loyal. And just when I had almost given up hope of ever being noticed, I was approached by Little Paulie to do a job, a very high profile job. I was asked to take out a made man. That's right, a made guy. I couldn't believe my ears, this was huge and I was picked to do it. The only thing that made me a little worried was, they never told me why, they just told me to do it. But that's the price of family I guess, you just do it and hope that they aren't trying to set you up.

By now I have inched my way to the end of the alley, and my gun is drawn. I feel a slight bit of surprise that the person walking toward me hasn't heard my heart thumping from where he is. Then I see his shadow looming larger than life on the wet pavement before me. I step out into the soft glow of the streetlight and point the gun at the surprised looking man in front of me. I hesitate for half a second and thank my lucky stars I did. The man staring me in the face isn't the man that was supposed to be here tonight. I look him in the eye and say, "who are you?!"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The time has come
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL