Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 20:28:21
Page:  1 
The best of times, the worst of times Started by: FuhQ on Nov 05, '07 19:41
Walking down the street one day I began to think of all the different things that I had been hearing, and I began to compare it to the things that I had heard in the past with slightly similar undertones. This of coarse led to some inner problem solving, and deep thinking that left me with a formula that needed to be shared. With this in mind I turned to the crowded streets and began to speak.

"Mobsters and Mafiosi, I know that there are some of you out there that are unhappy with the present day rain of some of the more powerful leaders out there. I know that there are those of you that seek to end the lives of half of them on the basis that they are. "Fuck Tards," all the while thinking that this is "The Worst of times."

I also know that there are some of you out there that love the way things are shaping up, and can think of no better time this world has ever had but the present. You think that the leaders are doing a fine and dandy knock up job, and that there can be no other possible name for the present day than "The best of times."

Please forgive me ladies and gentlemen as I use this somewhat crude literary allusion to speak about the observations I have made.

At any given point in mafia history it can always be looked on as "the best of times, the worst of times." In our world there always seams to be a faction of people that love what is going on. These people are generally the people that are benefiting from the situation, but also it is the people who just damn well love the job that the current leaders are doing. There also always seams to be a faction of people who hate what is going on. Granted a lot of these people are the people that have been screwed over by the "best of time" people, but there also is a portion of them that think that the crew leaders are just doing a shity job.

These two sides always co exist and I struggle to see a world where one overthrows the other. They are almost like Ying and Yang, the balance of power if you will. Both sides are always fighting for control, and both sides are constantly losing or gaining members. Its half of what keeps this game alive, and If you really think about it. I don't think that our lives could exist with any meaning if it didn't. This balance of power is what gives our world conflict, and struggle, and as any of you literary majors know, nothing interesting exists without conflict and struggle.

Crewleaders. You should not try and eliminate the balance of power, only keep it equal. Granted, do what you have to to keep yourself alive, but along with that, know that it is the balance of this power and the choice to join one of the factions and have a chance at a decent life that keeps people on these streets. If you try and eliminate it, like godmother anita, then you will end up with a few Mafiosi walking the streets, and a lot more flooding the coffee shops, refusing to ever go back out into the world, But if you try and ignore it entirely, being completely passive aggressive, you could end up at the bottom of the river just like so many leaders before you.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to tell the crew leaders how to rule in some kind of hypocritical speech. I just wanted to give you my thoughts and views about the balance of power.

Now then, this topic is open for discussion, let us let the traditionally controversy ensue that the balance of power feeds so much on.
Report Post Tip
*Guardian lights up his cigar takes a drag and nods to mr FuhQ*

Well,

Mr FuhQ i would have to say that every leader runs his family in a different way.Yes there has been many leaders who have come and gone this version but some have gone because either they have messed up somewere along the lines being a leader were they have not followed the rules layed out by each and every leader.Perhaps they never did nothing when there members were doing bad stuff or they just sucked period.Im not pointing to any leaders all im saying is that these could be possible reasons.If not any of these then they were taken down by a rogue at wich there isn't much that can be done about this.All we can do is eliminate the threats when they occur.

Some leaders have been doing tremendously and running there family's as they and many others see fit.They keep there members on track and keep the happy as a whole.The Current leaders Scandia,Oliver,Three have been doing really well for the time they have been up,In my point of view.

Everyone has there own opinion on there type of best of time or there worst time.I guess i would have to say for me overall yes i've died but i've landed in a good trusted family were i have met a bunch of great people who i would do anything for as would they.I that at the time being the killing has slowed down but it could always go back up tho.This is the world we live in "CRIME" we do what we can to stay alive.

(not exactly sure if im on topic :P im tired!)
Report Post Tip
This is something I've wanted to mention since I've returned. It's not the reign of the current leaders that send me into a rage, it's the indifference of the general population that I feel is inherantly wrong. Whether we choose to accept it or not, we are in a revoloutionary period; this is a time of transition.

Whatever attitudes we display now are sure to be carried forward with us and our bloodlines, something which makes me extremely worried about our future.

It's true, there are always those vying for power, either of out a sense of pride that they could do a job better than those currently at the top or out of a sense of jealosuy, that they are envious of the power wielded by those above them. That is a fact and a given of our lifestyle, it's something which will always be there and something I feel pointless to complain about, given the fact it can never be eradicated.

It's not the attitudes of these people which make me sad, it's the attitude of the general population. I've not being around long, that I grant you, but from hearing this and that on the street corners, it seems becoming a scummy, tunrcoat rogue is no longer something to be thought long and hard about, it's now taken up at a whim, the smallest gauntlet that is thrown down is immediately picked up. It seems respect is no longer relevant and applicable to La Cosa Nostra.

But enough of my rambling, I'll have enough to say about this in the coming days no doubt.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The best of times, the worst of times
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL