Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:07:39
Page:  1 
The Killing Jokes Started by: Jokes on Jun 07, '09 01:48
Jokes is leaning against his car listening to Bessie Smith playing over the radio from behind him. He’s deep in thought while he smokes his cigarette listening to the music, waiting on someone. He tilts his head back and exhales slowly, when he hears someone approaching. It was Reverend.

I’m glad you could make it Rev. I’ve got some bad news, I found out someone is trying to move into our block and steal some of our business. I told the Don about it, Premier wants me to find him and deal with the situation. I’m going to need your help.

Anything I can do to help out the family, I’ll do. Reverend replies coolly.

I’ve already talked to some people I know. They tell me we can find our man over on the east side of town, in one of the warehouses on E. 10th Str. Apparently the man likes to play cards, so we’re going to crash his poker game tonight. They should be getting started shortly so we should get moving. Jokes says as he flicks his cigarette down and steps it out. Get in the car, I’ll drive. We have to pick up Prey.

I’m going to need a gun if things get ugly.

Look behind the seat, there should be an extra pistol and a few rounds back there. That’s just a loaner for tonight. You still have to earn yours. replies Jokes as he starts the car and heads down the road, minding his speed so as not to attract attention. Just watch who you shoot at, don’t make the same mistake your predecessor did. Killed the wrong guy, and he joined him soon after. Jokes shakes his head. Chuckling to himself. You reverends, you’d think with your beliefs, when you really had to kill a guy, you’d be sure of who it is you’re killing.

Reverend looks out the window, not liking the joke. Yeah, well sometimes bad things happen. He says as he watches the street lamps go by.

Jokes pulls up to their HQ’s back alley and Prey walks toward the car, the tip of his Tommy Gun poking out from the jacket wrapped around it.

About time you guys got here. You think I like standing in the alley holding this thing? Let’s get this over with. Prey says as he tosses the gun on the seat beside him. Ignoring him Jokes pulls the car away from the curb and starts down the street.

The sky was turning red with the setting sun. Blood was filling the sky, and would soon wash out into the streets. The three of them rode in silence, thinking of the events that were about to unfold.

Ok. Jokes says as he slows the car down, pulling it over to the side of the street. That should be the warehouse ahead of us there. We’ll walk on foot from here.

The man we’re looking for has short black hair, decent height, slim, has an arrogant look about him. Apparently goes by Felix. Jokes pulls out his guns from his shoulder holsters as they approach the warehouse door.

Reverend, you go around back. Watch for anyone trying to run out the backdoor, wait for our clear to come in.

Jokes waits a few moments for Reverend to get around the building, and turns to Prey. This dude better be in here. I don’t want to go back and straighten out my sources. I’m ready when you are. Jokes says as he cocks his guns.

Prey cocks his Tommy gun, takes a breath, and breaks the door down with a mighty kick. He’s in the room before pieces of the door hit the ground. Jokes is right behind him.

When they enter the room, they come across three tables of men playing poker. About ten men total. There are four men on the left, four in the middle and two on the right. The table on the far right has their man.

Prey goes left and lets loose on his chopper, cutting down three men at the first table, while the fourth ducks underneath.

Jokes runs right firing at the bosses table, hitting the mark in the shoulder and then in the head knocking him backwards out of his chair. The other man makes a break out the back door. While the men at the middle table flip it over for cover and begin to fire back.

Prey drops to the ground and puts a few new holes in the man hiding under the table. He quickly rolls behind some boxes as bullets tear up the wooden blanks where he had been.

A little help! He shouts as he hears two shots ring echo from outside the warehouse. I hope that was Reverends gun he thinks to himself.

Jokes is taking cover behind a pillar unloading at the table trying to draw fire away from Prey. Another man runs out the back door, two more shots echo out moments later.

The last three men have made their stand behind the table. Prey opens one of the boxes he’s laying beside and finds a bottle of moonshine inside. He quickly pulls out his rag, gives it a good soak, and stuffs it half inside the bottle. He lights it up and lets it fly at the table, setting it ablaze. The splash catches one of the men on fire causing him to stand up yelling in terror. Jokes is quick to silence him.

Nice thinking! He yells to Prey.

Someone has to do the thinking around here! Prey yells back as he fires upon the weakened table. The bullets fly through with ease and kill one of the remaining men. Jokes and Prey stop firing, but the last man hasn’t noticed. He continues to fire upon them trying to keep them both pinned down. He hasn’t heard Reverend come in the back door. Reverend walks calmly up behind the man, aims his gun, and fires a single shot into the man’s skull. He blesses the corpse and walks around the burning table toward his friends.

Thought I’d come check out the commotion, got tired of waiting for scraps out back. He says as Prey and Jokes approach him.

Funny. Jokes says as he steps over to the corpse of Felix. He checks the guys wallet just to be sure. It’s the man he’s looking for. Jokes pockets the wallet.

Good job guys, this is him alright. We’re done here, we should get going before the cops get here.Jokes says standing up, he reaches in his other pocket and pulls out a few cards and tosses em on Felix’s corpse. Fresh blood soaking into some of the cards making them stick to the body. Always have to leave your business card with your clients.

With the bodies still warm, the gang exits the warehouse. Jokes stops to light up a smoke, letting the cool night air calm his adrenaline. Without a word, they continue into the car and drive off back to HQs. Anxious to deliver the news of their success to Premier.
Report Post Tip
I do love when the family members tell me stories about their wild nights. I look forward to hearing more about the things that go on when im not around.
Report Post Tip
Hmmm wild nights....intriguing!
Report Post Tip
You know how we do boss, things get a little crazy. Maybe next time you can come along and really shake things up.
Report Post Tip
Interesting story.
Report Post Tip
Very interesting indeed. Prem knows he wants to go next time.
Report Post Tip
Jokes, you should really consider making this a regular thing!

Once word got out people would be flocking to hear stories like this one. Well done.

Nods respectfully.
Report Post Tip
Thanks DetectiveGumshoe, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Report Post Tip
Good Read. :) Very nicely done.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Killing Jokes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL