Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 14:05:48
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
A 'classifieds' Page Started by: Sprozza on Jun 09, '09 09:45
With the introduction of a few features that encourage a lot more user interaction - namely MUC's and DFP's, I think a forum or some sort of page where these services could be advertised would be a benefit.

For example:

"Wanted: 2 Made Men + for a crime in LV before 20:00"

Obviously this can be done easily enough in the Streets or OOC already, but I have two main grievances with this:

1/ As far as I'm concerned, these forums should be a place for intelligent debate and dicussion rather than simple one line threads which would normally be swept anyway.

2/ Again, with most of the threads likely to be one liners, it's unfair that they should count toward thread count etc.

Predictably, I'm guessing the problem most people will have with this is "omg you can just mail people" and "This is not true to life."

My arguments here would be that, yes, it's easily possible to mail people in regards to pickpocketing, criming and advertising DFP's, but tell me how annoying you find it when you are bombarded by said mails. In regards to the realism factor, this page/forum wouldn't be a public soap box kind of thing, but more of a backroom speakeasy sorta thing.

As I'm writing, the idea is developing and I'm thinking it could tie in with the city rules page more or less...below the rules themselves could be a series of threads advertising one's criming availability, poker games, jail party times, pickpocketing consent...anything really.

Let me know what you think.

Or I'll kill you.

Not really.

Sprozz.
Report Post Tip
I'm not aware of the plans for a 'city rules page', but it does sound like the two could tie in together pretty well.

While the majority will use IRC and close friends for pp's and muc's, having the ability to interact in the above manner would be a great benefit to newer players and those wishing to expand on their current 'network' of 'friends'.

The moderation of such a page would be key to its success/failure. Perhaps the ability for any/all CLs within that city to control the posts would be a suitable manner... however it begs the question of what would happen if/when a city is crewless.

All in all, sounds like a nice little addition... once a few of the finer details get some planning.
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: A 'classifieds' Page
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL