Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:08:31
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Is Respect a Two-Way Street? Started by: Mudkips on Jun 10, '09 12:25
Not at all. You have a valid reason to question that, and as my Captain I respect that you want to be informed of the issues that arise in your crew, as they arise.

I think you also know by now what a busy (and slightly) scatterbrained woman I can be on occasion. As it was I had not fully gotten through my morning mail, so had not responded to anyone on the issue- including Thomas or Mudkips himself.

Marietta smiles towards her son and places her hand on his back.

Here, come with me. I have to go for lunch anyway, you can join me. My treat! I'll explain everything while we eat.
Report Post Tip
I have listened to your original question and even though you unfortunately chose the route you did, I felt it important to have my view on respect in general heard...

Plain and simple my answer is NO it is NOT a two way street, unless in a position of power or respect already it is a very ONE WAY street until you give reason for that to change... For example:

Respect is one sided if you are a GodParent (sorry Marietta I am tired of always putting GodFather/Mother) Crew Leader, Right Hand and Left Hand. Respect should be given due to position, you may not always give it back as YOUR respect has to be earned.

How ever, as a Civi-PettyThief-Thug-Gangster-Goomba-Earner-WiseGuy your respect has to be EARNED by time and interactions. Once it is earned THEN and only then is it a two way street.

Of course, people on either side can prove they are unworthy of respect but that is a whole nother issue.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is Respect a Two-Way Street?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL